Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Football Tentative 2010 Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
09/04/10 at Louisville
09/11/10 vs. Western Kentucky
09/18/10 vs. Akron
09/25/10 at Florida *
10/02/10 at Ole Miss *
10/09/10 vs. Auburn *
10/16/10 vs. South Carolina *
10/23/10 vs. Georgia *
10/30/10 at Mississippi State *
11/06/10 vs. Charleston Southern
11/13/10 vs. Vanderbilt *
11/27/10 at Tennessee *
What do you mean tentative?

UK does pick which teams they play in confrence, the SEC does. Which is why they dont play LSU, or Alabama. UK still is going to have a top 15 SOS. Anytime you play in the SEC, you schedule is not tentative.

Why would UK go out and schedule another Big East school, or a Big Ten school in their non confrence?

Any school in the SEC has several mop up game to begin the season, or somewhere throughout outa confrence. You need a game or two where not every team has 6-9 guys starting on defense that run sub 4.7 40's
The Iceboxx Wrote:What do you mean tentative?

UK does pick which teams they play in confrence, the SEC does. Which is why they dont play LSU, or Alabama. UK still is going to have a top 15 SOS. Anytime you play in the SEC, you schedule is not tentative.

Why would UK go out and schedule another Big East school, or a Big Ten school in their non confrence?

Any school in the SEC has several mop up game to begin the season, or somewhere throughout outa confrence. You need a game or two where not every team has 6-9 guys starting on defense that run sub 4.7 40's

:Thumbs: I agree with on this man. Even USC, and Florida has cupcake teams they play.
The schedule is posted right--go to UKs website..It even calls it a tentative schedule.
The Iceboxx Wrote:What do you mean tentative?

Tentative means that the schedule is subject to change; usually a date or time is missing. But I don't know why it is listed as tentative the schedule is complete and has been for a while.
should have a very good season
I might be wishful thinking but I see 6 or 7 possible wins.
I like their schedule. Th 11/6 game is a good "get Healthy" game, just before the finish
Anyword on how the offense is looking?
Real Badman Wrote:Anyword on how the offense is looking?

Offensive line has to get a lot better if Kentucky wants to have a 6 win season. QB's look inconsistent but that is expected. Defensively very inexperienced but a lot of speed and potential. Of course the word potential in football ultimately can be translated as "we're not very good right now"
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Offensive line has to get a lot better if Kentucky wants to have a 6 win season. QB's look inconsistent but that is expected. Defensively very inexperienced but a lot of speed and potential. Of course the word potential in football ultimately can be translated as "we're not very good right now"

i say alot rides on the 0 line, you got speed at the skilled postions but need the line...:yikes:
Good to see Western Kentucky on that schedule.
Is Brad Durham FINALLY gonna start? He is the only O-Lineman that I can remember that is still there.
lwc Wrote:Is Brad Durham FINALLY gonna start? He is the only O-Lineman that I can remember that is still there.

He has started before.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:He has started before.

I should have clarified that I meant first-string O-Lineman.

AKA, Is he gonna be the #1 starter (not an occasional starter)
Still got John Conner at FB coming back.
Real Badman Wrote:Still got John Conner at FB coming back.

Nope, they don't. He graduated last year and will probably go pretty high in the draft.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Nope, they don't. He graduated last year and will probably go pretty high in the draft.

If by high you mean late then yes, FB's don't usually get drafted early. He'll go late if he gets drafted at all.
Wow, im just extremely off. Sorry bout that
With such a soft non-league schedule a bowl game should be made.
PC_You_Know Wrote:If by high you mean late then yes, FB's don't usually get drafted early. He'll go late if he gets drafted at all.

I meant high as far as fullbacks in the draft. The Cowboys have shown interest in picking him up in the later rounds.
Defiantly one of the weaker schedules UK has played in the last decade.

I'll say we can win up to 10 games, but possibly lose up to 8 or 9 also.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:09/04/10 at Louisville (W)
09/11/10 vs. Western Kentucky (W)
09/18/10 vs. Akron (W)
09/25/10 at Florida * (L)
10/02/10 at Ole Miss * (W)
10/09/10 vs. Auburn * (W)
10/16/10 vs. South Carolina * (W)
10/23/10 vs. Georgia * (L)
10/30/10 at Mississippi State * (W)
11/06/10 vs. Charleston Southern (W)
11/13/10 vs. Vanderbilt * (W)
11/27/10 at Tennessee * (L)

I am giving the team way too much credit but I feel as though only 2 or three games are for sure losses. If they can stay on the pace that they are heading right now they can really do some major damage in the rankings.
I have heard that spring practice has been intense so far with the newer coaches and staff. Rock Oliver is the man.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am giving the team way too much credit but I feel as though only 2 or three games are for sure losses. If they can stay on the pace that they are heading right now they can really do some major damage in the rankings.
I have heard that spring practice has been intense so far with the newer coaches and staff. Rock Oliver is the man.

:Thumbs::Clap:
Rubber games:
Louisville (W)
Ole Miss * (W)
Auburn * (W)
South Carolina * (W)
Georgia (L)
Tennessee (L)
These games in my opinion can go either way but I have an opinion as who I think will win.
i see 7 wins could be 8
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Defiantly one of the weaker schedules UK has played in the last decade.

I'll say we can win up to 10 games, but possibly lose up to 8 or 9 also.
Sarcasm right? Aside from having Ole Miss in place of Bama how is it different from last years?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Sarcasm right? Aside from having Ole Miss in place of Bama how is it different from last years?

I think it is a little easier considering that Ole miss takes Alabama and Auburn and Georgia at home.
Yeah, I dont know about beating Ole Miss
^ could happen. It may be a big surprise season.