Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville to give Pitino 4-year extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like Ricky P will get to break in the new arena.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-bask...-extension
Louisville is expected to announce a four-year extension for Rick Pitino on Wednesday, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Pat Forde.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5042255"]Source: Louisville Cardinals expected to announce extension for Rick Pitino - ESPN[/ame]
Great recruiting tool for Ricky P.

Coach Pitino has the best players as a group in the class of 2011. Its great for him to tell those players parents that hes gonna be there as long as they will be.

Wayne Blackshear - top 20 player
Micheal Chandler - top 10 player
Ryan Taylor - top 50 player
Zach Price - top 100 player.
Great move by UofL.
Weak next year and then we will be back in 2011! with a top or atleast top 3 recruiting class!
Thats the best move they have made all year!
was his contract up this year...or does he still have time left on the exsisting contract as well? Good move by UofL i feel as if that may be his last go around though
^ he has 3 years remaining on his contract + the 4 years
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:was his contract up this year...or does he still have time left on the exsisting contract as well? Good move by UofL i feel as if that may be his last go around though

Louisville is expected to announce a four-year extension for Rick Pitino on Wednesday, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Pat Forde.

Pitino earned $2.25 million this season and has three years remaining on his contract.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5042255"]Source: Louisville Cardinals expected to announce extension for Rick Pitino - ESPN[/ame]
yeah so an extension that would make 7 years remaining i would say def. the last extension we will see...but this is great for both parties and I wish them both the best of luck
Yelp i must say that this is the last extension and he will retire! I think this extension was to ensure that he will get the other recruits for 2011 season
Great building class looks like for next year. I am a Pitino fan, just not a Louisville fan.
Good move for UofL to make one last run at the Final 4. I don't believe that RickyP stays all 7 years. This was just a recruiting move.
Great Move for the cards! Ricky P is card for life now! He will die in louisville...I think this was more of a recruiting move though to ensure that he will be there! The cards will have the top class in 2011 i think with blackshear and others coming in!
Great move by the cards. Pitino is a Class A+ Coach and Recruiter.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:was his contract up this year...or does he still have time left on the exsisting contract as well? Good move by UofL i feel as if that may be his last go around though

Louisville and coach Rick Pitino have agreed in principle to a four-year contract extension that will keep Pitino with the Cardinals through 2017.
Smile