Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rivals.com All-State Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st Team
Chane Behanan, 6-7, Jr., F, Bowling green
Ian Chiles, 6-1, Sr., G, Ballard
Dakotah Euton, 6-8, Sr., F, Scott County
Vance Hall, 6-3, Sr., G, Franklin County
Chad Jackson, 6-4, Sr., G, Scott County
Elisha Justice, 5-11, Sr., G, Shelby Valley
Timmy Knipp, 6-7, Jr., F, Elliot County
Elijah Pittman, 6-7, Sr., F, Holmes
Josh Sewell, 6-4, Sr., G, Trinity
Aaron Watts, 6-2, Sr., G, McCreary Central

2nd Team
Colt Barnhill, 6-7, Sr., F, East Carter
Ge-Lawn Guyn, 6-3, Sr., G, Scott County
Cameron Hall, 6-0, Sr., G, Glasgow
Caleb Hardy, 6-6, Sr., F, Carlisle County
Anthony Hickey, 5-10, Jr., G, Christian County
Jermaine Jackson, 6-4, Jr., F, Iroquois
Ricardo Johnson, 6-4, Sr., G, Holmes
Keiston Jones, 6-4, Sr., G, Ballard
Jarrod Polson, 5-10, Sr., G, West Jessamine
Robbie Stenzel, 6-4, Jr., G, Clark County

3rd Team
Jaylen Beckham, 6-0, Soph., G, Lexington Catholic
Reginald Breeden, 6-1, Sr., G, Moore
Will Evans, 6-7, Sr., F, Lexington Christian
George Fant, 6-7, Jr., F, Warren Central
Joe Gabbard, 6-3, Sr., G, Muhlenberg County
Donovan Gibbs, 6-7, Sr., F, Iroquois
Thomas Jackson, 5-11, Sr., G, Jeffersontown
Madison Johnson, 6-4, Sr., G, Corbin
Matt St. John, 6-8,, Sr., C, South Laurel
Vinny Zollo, 6-8, Jr., F, Clark County

Link
Thanks for the information!! I love seeing these kind of awards come out. I am so proud of Elisha and Timmy. Wish that Ashley Hatfield could have been on there but hey I think he knows how important he is.
Zollo is better than third team IMO
Grand Slam Wrote:Zollo is better than third team IMO

I agree.
Polson is better than 2nd string. I would rather have Polson as to have Watts.
Polson was taller than Justice at the state tourney, funny how measurements vary.

I think Guyn is overrated. Was all season, and frankly, didn't play well enough to rate 2nd team IMO. He made it on reputation alone. Probably won't be the popular theory however.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Polson is better than 2nd string. I would rather have Polson as to have Watts.

Agree! I was very impressed with Polson. He was a game changer. I loved watching him and Justice go at it and it really did not disappoint.
I would list Darryl Hicks of Shelby County at least on the third team.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I would list Darryl Hicks of Shelby County at least on the third team.
He had a great sweet 16 game, but didn't merit that type attention all season long. However, I imagine he'll grace those teams for the next 3 years.
Congrats to Elisha Justice! Also I'm glad to see Timmy Knipp getting the recognition that he deserves!
Knipp IMO, will be the second best player in the state next year behind Chane Behanan. But one could make a case that Knipp is better.
LClion4life Wrote:Knipp IMO, will be the second best player in the state next year behind Chane Behanan. But one could make a case that Knipp is better.

Sorry dude, I love your EKY pride, but Chane Behanan is by far the best player in KY. Thisk kid is gonna be playing on CBS one day. I watched him work out in person. He is a monster.

This is Chane's offer list per Rivals... Cincy, Alabama, Georgia, Miss State, Oklahoma State, West Virgina, and WKU. This all before his senior circuit and season.

BTW

Polson > Guyn.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Polson is better than 2nd string. I would rather have Polson as to have Watts.

Watts is the much better athlete and basketball player. Polson is a nice player but when it comes to all around game, isn't as good as Watts.

OU812 Wrote:Polson was taller than Justice at the state tourney, funny how measurements vary.

I think Guyn is overrated. Was all season, and frankly, didn't play well enough to rate 2nd team IMO. He made it on reputation alone. Probably won't be the popular theory however.

You failed to mention that Guyn was injured all season and that's why his numbers weren't as high as last year.

I watched the kid drop 29 on Holmes' state championship team last year and also saw him go at it with the best guards in the country over the summer and more than hold his own. He is everything he was hyped to be and despite battling through injuries, still played well enough to earn 2nd team honors.

LClion4life Wrote:Knipp IMO, will be the second best player in the state next year behind Chane Behanan. But one could make a case that Knipp is better.

Hate to say it, but this one isn't even close. Head to head on the AAU circuit Knipp got taken behind the woodshed by Chane.

As stated by Iceboxx, Behanan is by far the best senior in the state next year. He abused George Fant in all 4 meetings this year as well.
He was injured all season? That's your argument for Guyn making one of these teams. Good grief man, that solidifies my argument all the more. He has no business making this team.
Smith of Scott High???
Congrats to Justice, this guy just keeps piling up the accolades. Amazing.
I watched Chane Behanan last weekend at the KBA. He was AMAZING! He was getting alley-oops over people like it was nothing.
OU812 Wrote:He was injured all season? That's your argument for Guyn making one of these teams. Good grief man, that solidifies my argument all the more. He has no business making this team.

See my post...I said DESPITE THE INJURIES, he still played well enough to be named second team all state.
adidas_4 Wrote:I watched Chane Behanan last weekend at the KBA. He was AMAZING! He was getting alley-oops over people like it was nothing.

Chane has been doing this since his freshman year at Cincinnati Aiken.

Kid is a freak athlete.
Polson should have been first team over Watts and Zollo is much better than third team.
Down and Out Wrote:Polson should have been first team over Watts and Zollo is much better than third team.

I think Treg Setty of Mason Co would have some regional championship banners to say something about that!!!....Setty wasnt even on any of the teams
Peacedomes85 Wrote:I think Treg Setty of Mason Co would have some regional championship banners to say something about that!!!....Setty wasnt even on any of the teams

Saw Setty and Zollo...I'll take Zollo over him any day. Much more physical, better rebounder, and more of a scoring threat than Setty.
Peacedomes85 Wrote:I think Treg Setty of Mason Co would have some regional championship banners to say something about that!!!....Setty wasnt even on any of the teams

Not knocking Setty, but when I watched SV vs. Mason Co. in the semi-finals, i didnt even realize that Setty was one of their better players. He didnt do anything to impress me at all
Down and Out Wrote:Polson should have been first team over Watts and Zollo is much better than third team.

I agree on both points. I would take Polson over Watts, have seen both play several times this past year. Also Zollo third team, was a shock to me, agree he is much better than that.

kywldcat01 Wrote:Saw Setty and Zollo...I'll take Zollo over him any day. Much more physical, better rebounder, and more of a scoring threat than Setty.

I agree. Setty does not like contact at all. He does not fair well against physical players as we saw in the state tourney. I believe for 3 games he only had like 15+ points. Zollo averaged a double double in points and rebounds this year, on a very tall and talented GRC team, were many nights GRC would have 4 players in double figures.

The Iceboxx Wrote:Not knocking Setty, but when I watched SV vs. Mason Co. in the semi-finals, I didnt even realize that Setty was one of their better players. He didnt do anything to impress me at all

He had a tuff year this year, rumor is, he may be going to a prep school next year.
Gold Charger Wrote:I agree on both points. I would take Polson over Watts, have seen both play several times this past year. Also Zollo third team, was a shock to me, agree he is much better than that.

I agree. Setty does not like contact at all. He does not fair well against physical players as we saw in the state tourney. I believe for 3 games he only had like 15+ points. Zollo averaged a double double in points and rebounds this year, on a very tall and talented GRC team, were many nights GRC would have 4 players in double figures.

He had a tuff year this year, rumor is, he may be going to a prep school next year.

Oh god here we go again about a player going to a prep school...why leave Mason Co?!? They have defeated the favorites (GRC) every year he has been there, went to state, has won at state, has been successful at Mason Co, when Scott played Mason Co at the Fieldhouse this year and he was treated like a king, people love him in Mason Co. Treg would be crazy to leave Mason Co because Mason Co has open alotta doors for players who have come through there before (Darius Miller, Chris Lofton, Dustin Grutza, etc) and if im not mistaken i heard some rumors at The Sweet 16 about a certain GRC starters going to prep school?!? Confusedhh:
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Oh god here we go again about a player going to a prep school...why leave Mason Co?!? They have defeated the favorites (GRC) every year he has been there, went to state, has won at state, has been successful at Mason Co, when Scott played Mason Co at the Fieldhouse this year and he was treated like a king, people love him in Mason Co. Treg would be crazy to leave Mason Co because Mason Co has open alotta doors for players who have come through there before (Darius Miller, Chris Lofton, Dustin Grutza, etc) and if im not mistaken i heard some rumors at The Sweet 16 about a certain GRC starters going to prep school?!? Confusedhh:

You are jumping to conclusions, Mason Co is a great program and it has nothing to do with how Mason Co has treated him or basketball. I wish the best for him in whatever he decides.
kywldcat01 Wrote:As stated by Iceboxx, Behanan is by far the best senior in the state next year. He abused George Fant in all 4 meetings this year as well.

Had to get an account just to correct this. I do not disagree that Behanan is the superior player and it showed in their last two matchups, but ask most fans who saw the first two games, and Fant actually got the better of him in both. Chane scored primarily via free throws in the first one, going only 4/9 from the field. He went 10/18 in the second one, where he scored 31 and George scored 27. George shot a better percentage, outrebounded him, and generally outplayed him in those. The latter two games were where Chane showed his supremacy, severely outplaying him in the district tournament matchup, and moderately in the region finals. In region Chane hit some outstanding shots in OT, including a sweet step back just inside the three point line.

To sum up - Agree on Chane being the best, but he only won the battle of big men twice.