Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne W.Va. 8, Lawrence County 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw the score. I'm supposing that LCGrad has the details and stats?
wow, i know that Wayne is good at football,even though they duck playing KY teams in football, i though LC was better than them in baseball
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just saw the score. I'm supposing that LCGrad has the details and stats?
I was kinda curious myself.
I'm not sure how Wayne is in baseball this year. Back when I played in the late 90's, Wayne was really good. They were always playing for a state championship in WV.
Isn't the silence deafening.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Isn't the silence deafening.
Well Mr. K all I can find out is that there was a game at Wayne and somehow LC evidently lost. There is no mention on the Levisa Lazer of this game at all. This in itself is strange as the Lazer reports on anything involving a ball whether it has air in it or not.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Well Mr. K all I can find out is that there was a game at Wayne and somehow LC evidently lost. There is no mention on the Levisa Lazer of this game at all. This in itself is strange as the Lazer reports on anything involving a ball whether it has air in it or not.

Oh well!!! Perhaps LC Grad will be on here soon and report as to what went on. He goes to all of the games.
Well it appears to me that all we have is an 8-3 score with Wayne the W. We may surmise that the feat was accomplished by Wayne scoring 5 more runs. Good math I guess??
I am not sure what went on in the game since I was at the Home softball game (since my daughter is playing now) and LC grad was there covering the girls first game of the year.. I havent had a chance to find out what happened.. But they will be fine.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Well it appears to me that all we have is an 8-3 score with Wayne the W. We may surmise that the feat was accomplished by Wayne scoring 5 more runs. Good math I guess??

Excellent deduction, Chuck.:Thumbs::biggrin:
Batpuff Wrote:I am not sure what went on in the game since I was at the Home softball game (since my daughter is playing now) and LC grad was there covering the girls first game of the year.. I havent had a chance to find out what happened.. But they will be fine.

No doubt.:Thumbs:
I had to cover the LC softball game, didn't get to go to this one. I spoke with an assistant coach, he said Wayne's two pitchers were solid and LC hit the ball solid just right to guys just like the game to East Carter. LC threw Sam Burton and Chris Cline is what that person told me, sorry no info on the Lazer coach hasn't gotten back with me about scorebook.
had LC won there would have been stats galore *lol*
Lefty Wrote:had LC won there would have been stats galore *lol*

Strange how no one even posted the score, aint it? After two days, still nothing.
Well to both of you if I would have found the score I would have posted it.. but when I looked they had not updated the KHSAA site.
the game wasnt schedules so that is the reason not many people knew about it.
It was a last second thing. I wasn't in attendance but reliable people that was there told me, LC came out and had a 3-2 league and that LC was pounding the ball but just right at wayne players. Apparently sam burton who stated the game for LC had a meltdown in the 5th and cline came in with bases loaded and losing 6 to 3 struck out the side, next inning LC had some errors on the infield that costs them some 2 more runs including a passed ball and failed rundown, cline stuck the side out again.

This LC team is good region is almost a automatic for them.
its to early to be jumping to things.
burton had a good outing and maybe from the looks of thing should have been pulled a little bit earlier and cline who relieved looks to have had a great outing.
everyone assumes pitching and defense is what the dawgs will stuggle with but infact it is quite the opposite. its offense. leaving to many people on base. i would suggest the completely redo the batting order.
bottom line everything will come together for this team
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:the game wasnt schedules so that is the reason not many people knew about it.
It was a last second thing. I wasn't in attendance but reliable people that was there told me, LC came out and had a 3-2 league and that LC was pounding the ball but just right at wayne players. Apparently sam burton who stated the game for LC had a meltdown in the 5th and cline came in with bases loaded and losing 6 to 3 struck out the side, next inning LC had some errors on the infield that costs them some 2 more runs including a passed ball and failed rundown, cline stuck the side out again.

burton had a good outing and maybe from the looks of thing should have been pulled a little bit earlier and cline who relieved looks to have had a great outing.
everyone assumes pitching and defense is what the dawgs will stuggle with but infact it is quite the opposite. its offense. leaving to many people on base. i would suggest the completely redo the batting order.
Hey, there's no doubt!!!! :Thumbs:
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:the game wasnt schedules so that is the reason not many people knew about it.

Overconfidence is a dangerous thing. If I were LC, I would first be worried about the 57th. That is no guarantee! I hope the LC folks all think this way, but I bet Travis isnt saying this.
I was in attendance of this game and all your post are correct Burton who is my nephew threw 4 great innings but should have been pulled in the fourth its early in the year and you could see he was starting to get tired, The bats were not the problem we hit the ball well enough but like some of you said the lineup needs an overhaul bad after the 7th slot it gets real weak, I hate to say anything about the umps cause I appreciate the time they put in but there was a real bad call made when LC was batting that involved a tag up situation that went Waynes way and after that the Dawgs just seem to give up, Our infield particularly our third baseman made two critical mistakes and remember we did not have Jordan Miller our regular catcher in the game and thats what caused the rundown mistake at third. The Dawgs will be fine and I look forward to a great year!