Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 In The Mountains Preseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i know its early for this but just wanted to see what everyone thought..i am not going to try myself to do a top ten, not sure what each school has coming back, but i know, the Bells,Jc,Sc, and Belfry will be in there somewhere,the pirates may surprise people this year,with a couple of new additions,which i wont go into,plus getting back some from injury from last year,so please put your top 10 2gether and see how it is, and forgive me if i didnt mention your schools names,like i said not sure what everyone has coming back but i know the teams above will have good teams..
Knott Co Number 1
14thregionrules Wrote:Knott Co Number 1

why do you say that give us proof?
1. Bell Co
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Harlan Co.
5. Clay Co.
6. Sheldon Clark
7. North Laurel
8. Knox Central
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Corbin
redstorm Wrote:1. Bell Co
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Harlan Co.
5. Clay Co.
6. Sheldon Clark
7. North Laurel
8. Knox Central
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Corbin
1 Johnson Central
2 bell county
not for sure on any one else
Shouldn't Letcher Central be somewhere on this list?
redstorm Wrote:1. Bell Co
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Harlan Co.
5. Clay Co.
6. Sheldon Clark
7. North Laurel
8. Knox Central
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Corbin

I would have Belfry 7-not even on the list. They lost Thomas Varney, which was Mr. do-everything for the Pirates this past season. They return talent, hopefully others will step up after Belfry's worst season in a decade or so.

I do not think that Breathitt County should even be on that list at all. They lost Fugate and Haddix. That was their entire offense when both were healthy.

I do think that its just way to early to put a preseason ranking together.
1 bell.co
2 j.c.
3 letcher .c
4 belfry
5 corbin
6 sheldon clark
7 hazard
8 breathitt.co
9 knox c.
10 p.burg
1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Pulaskia
4. Harlan County
5. Belfrey
6. Clay County
7. Letcher Central
8. Somerset
9. Knox Central
10 Corbin
Wow! Sheldon Clark loses 8 seniors and only 6 that actually played and you put 2 teams that they beat above them, that really doesnt make sense to me at all. I believe that coming into the season they are deffently a better team then Johnson Central and possibly better than Belfry! Looks like the state semi's wasnt ever enough to get some love for the CARDS!
cherokee Wrote:1. Bell county
2. Johnson central
3. Pulaskia
4. Harlan county
5. Belfrey
6. Clay county
7. Letcher central
8. Somerset
9. Knox central
10 corbin

ok but letcher central 4 or 5
GRIFFIN Wrote:ok but letcher central 4 or 5

beat harlan and u will be at the least a 4 maybe higher.
rebel 4 life Wrote:1 Johnson Central
2 bell county
not for sure on any one else
bell and j.c. play third game of the season that will settle this one way or the other:Clap:
winz10 Wrote:Shouldn't Letcher Central be somewhere on this list?
who does letcher central play next year?
Bell Co.
LCC
Johnson Central

Why does everyone have Belfry so high, I know Belfry is never bad, but the dont bring back anything at all. Thomas Varney, Timmy Lovern, Chase Maynard, and Corey Charles all graduate.

Bell Co will be a top 4 team in the state of KY all classes next season.

The whole state next season

Trinity
St. X
Highlands
Bell
Corey Davenport has MR. Football talent, and he will be a junior
Ted Wrote:Wow! Sheldon Clark loses 8 seniors and only 6 that actually played and you put 2 teams that they beat above them, that really doesnt make sense to me at all. I believe that coming into the season they are deffently a better team then Johnson Central and possibly better than Belfry! Looks like the state semi's wasnt ever enough to get some love for the CARDS!

Amen to that dude.
belldad2011 Wrote:bell and j.c. play third game of the season that will settle this one way or the other:Clap:

j.c will win 5a and bell will win 4a looking forward for these powerhouse to collide:Thumbs:
Bell is for sure # 1 going in.
Belfry is so high because of Phillip Haywood. YOu may beat him once, but you better watch out the next year...
Yes, Belfry and Mr. Haywood have been extremely successful. I have been watching Eastern Kentucky high school football for a couple years. I understand that he (Haywood) has run a very successful program for many years.

I think it's a lot of fun to make the predictions for the ensuing season, but, remember, games are won and lost on the field, and many weird things can happen.

Just a thought, why would a 3A team schedule a 5A team?
cuppett777 Wrote:why do you say that give us proof?

cause knott is the best team in state year in year out
The Iceboxx Wrote:Bell Co.
LCC
Johnson Central

Why does everyone have Belfry so high, I know Belfry is never bad, but the dont bring back anything at all. Thomas Varney, Timmy Lovern, Chase Maynard, and Corey Charles all graduate.

Trinity
St. X
Highlands
Bell

they bring back, there qb, both starting Lb, most of there starting line,fb,tb,and return some from injury and will have a couple new players on the team and one that can fly..
Bell County number 1 hands down.
I think Perry Central should be in here. I know they lost Amis and Martin but we got some good Freshmen and Sophmores that are going to step it up next year. Byran Rankin, Jay White, Daryll Beatty, Jon Sizemore, The Twins.
LCC
Johnson Central

Trinity
St. X
Highlands
Bell

Because they are BELFRY, thats why. Year in and year out they prove they belong in the mountain top 10. I truly pity the people/teams that are expecting Belfry to be down this year. Yes, they lost some halfbacks but they return some really really good backs, either from injury or .....well Ill just leave it at that. And if you watched the majority of Pirate games last season you would know that Varney and maybe Charles will be the only two out of your list that we will really miss.
Just keep looking over Letcher Central, they have 3 D-1 PROSPECTS on the D-line and only lost 3 starters on defense. On offense they have Logan Johnson and Mississippi State is recruting him. They have all starters back on the O-line and running backs Jesse Rose, Drew Bently. Rose 4.8 speed and Bently 4.5. They will be good if they can stay healthy.

1.Bell 2.Letcher Central 3. Harlan 4. Johnson C 5. Sheldon Clark 6.Pike Central 7. Perry Central 8. Belfry 9. Whitley 10.Clay Co
cougarpower Wrote:Just keep looking over Letcher Central, they have 3 D-1 PROSPECTS on the D-line and only lost 3 starters on defense. On offense they have Logan Johnson and Mississippi State is recruting him. They have all starters back on the O-line and running backs Jesse Rose, Drew Bently. Rose 4.8 speed and Bently 4.5. They will be good if they can stay healthy.

1.Bell 2.Letcher Central 3. Harlan 4. Johnson C 5. Sheldon Clark 6.Pike Central 7. Perry Central 8. Belfry 9. Whitley 10.Clay Co

Bentley 4.5 40yd time? What grade is this kid in. Dont remember him from last year but he should be turning some colleges heads with that speed.
Bell County always rules the Mountain Top 10 why expect anything different this year. It belongs to the Bobcats until someone takes them down.
LCC
Johnson Central

Trinity
St. X
Highlands
Bell

AND... you actually think that losing 4 players will cause Belfry to have a losing season? I pray that more people think along these lines..... some of you may be in for quite a shocker!! Confusedhh:
Pages: 1 2 3