Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lottery Style or NFL Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me personally I like it when the team with the worst record get the #1 pick. Do you guys like it or is the lottery your choice.
lottery
Being a Kings fan, I should hate the lottery BUT I do not. The Sacramento Kings had the worst record in the NBA and should have had the #1 pick, but they fell down the list and ended up with Tyreke Evans. GREAT steal and paid less for him.

This season they will not have the worst record but if Karma works its magic, they could get the #1 pick and get a player like Wall or Cousins.

My biggest love for the lottery is that it PREVENTS a team from tanking their season. I do not believe that teams play bad on purpose, but it would not matter if they did because they are not guaranteed the #1 pick.

Imagine this, the Nets could end up with their pick in the mid-teens! (Not likely, but probable)
i would like to see them do like BINGO and just pull and teams name out the box and go that way, put all teams in there, so so many teams dont sandbag ..
my only problem is that you see great football players going to horrible teams and just getting wore down before there time.
cuppett777 Wrote:i would like to see them do like BINGO and just pull and teams name out the box and go that way, put all teams in there, so so many teams dont sandbag ..

then you would have the lakers getting top 10 picks lol./
Wildcatk23 Wrote:then you would have the lakers getting top 10 picks lol./

I could live with that lol. lottery is better then worst-best style IMO.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Me personally I like it when the team with the worst record get the #1 pick. Do you guys like it or is the lottery your choice.

Lottery. Only cuz there are always multiple teams with bad seasons. Them teams deserve to have a chance at the best players as much as the worse team.
lottery for all teams
I like the lottery
I like the NFL format. It makes the most sense and it's fair for everyone.
For the NFL, stick with what they have, a lottery is stupid, you can't tank your season in the NFL, playing less than 100% in the NFL will get you seriously hurt. But in the NBA, teams can slack off trying to get the #1 pick, so yes the lottery is perfect.

The team with the worst record in the NFL deserves the #1 pick, I think we can all say the 0-16 Lions definitely needed that #1 pick. Any NBA team can change their franchise through free agency, like picking up a Dwayne Wade or Lebron James. 1 player in the NFL isn't going to make that kind of an impact on a team like it does in the NBA.
PC_You_Know Wrote:For the NFL, stick with what they have, a lottery is stupid, you can't tank your season in the NFL, playing less than 100% in the NFL will get you seriously hurt. But in the NBA, teams can slack off trying to get the #1 pick, so yes the lottery is perfect.

The team with the worst record in the NFL deserves the #1 pick, I think we can all say the 0-16 Lions definitely needed that #1 pick. Any NBA team can change their franchise through free agency, like picking up a Dwayne Wade or Lebron James. 1 player in the NFL isn't going to make that kind of an impact on a team like it does in the NBA.

Ask Cleveland what one person(James) did for them.
^ Excellent point. One person can't change a franchise in the NFL. So their way of doing things is the best. For the NBA though I say lottery.
I like the whole pulling names out of a hat idea