Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NFL Owners Pass Playoff OT Rules Modification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The NFL owners decided to pass a change in the overtime rule that would give the team that loses the coin toss at the start of overtime to get a possession if the coin-toss winning team scores a field goal with the first possession.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5022064"]NFL owners pass playoff OT rules modification - ESPN[/ame]
I like it!
I still think it is stupid. just do what college does.
^ agreed
I saw this too. If the first team with possession scores a touchdown the game is over. If only a field goal then the other team gets a chance to tie or beat it and if the defensive team scores first the game is over.
For now it is only for playoffs in overtime but they are considering it for regular season too. Probably a good rule I say.
Atleast this is a step in the right direction. The crappy thing is that the NFL is gonna have people forgetting the new rule, or just not know about the rules in general..(ex. Donovon Mcnabb)
IMO its stupid.....u play app 3 hrs in regulatin then now if u got to overtime and kick a field goal u havent won it....come on give these guys a break i know they are professionals but the body can only take so much beating in 1 day....i say this wasnt the best descion to make these overtime modifications imo