Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patrick Patterson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading this article by Chad Ford on ESPN.com and I noticed that Patterson's stats have significantly changed, as expected.

His PPG, RPG, BPG and APG have decreased BUT his fouls and turnovers are much lower.

I knew that when he began playing farther away from the basket that his Field goal shooting would drop, but it only dropped from 60% to 59%, that is impressive to me. Also he just began shooting 3's and he shoots 37%, which is not bad to just become a shooter.

One stat that REALLY shocked me is that his Free-throw shooting had dropped from 77% to 68%. Can anyone explain that? He expands his game but he drops almost 10% at the free-throw line?!?!?

All in all, I know he probably wont see it but thank you P-Pat for representing the University and the program well. UK needs more like you.

What are your thoughts or comments on any of this or on Patterson in general?
One of the best all around players UK has had in a long time. I am glad
that he's been a part of UK for the long haul, and he's finally got a good
team and he may leave with a title. Way to go Patterson.
ft% could have dropped due to lack of trips to the line. if he isnt going to the line as much per game this could explain the drop. free throw shooting is such a rhythm exercise and if you are only shooting 4-5 ft a game as opposed to 10-12 that could actually hurt your %.
I hate to see Patterson leave after this year. He is a class act.