Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: School on Saturdays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many school districts are making students go to school on saturday's to make up snow days. I know this saturday Rockcastle County is having school, and after lunch they are leting student buy tickets to go watch a baseball game at 1 o'clock.
Perry County doesn't want to have school on Saturday. Atterndance is always a problem with having school on Saturday.
I would be for it but attendance would be a major problem. You know a lot of students will refuse to come and those that do will refuse to work.
WOW! Is it a half-day or a full day RockSolid?
I dont think this will work, for reasons stated above.
lwc Wrote:WOW! Is it a half-day or a full day RockSolid?

nope till 3 o'clock
Shelby County Schools thought about having schools on Saturdays but instead decided to move the last day of school back to June 8th.
Bad Idea...it would serve only to appease the Dept of Education..there are NO kids that would respond to Math and Reading on a Saturday!
There is now way if I had a small child in kindergarten would I deny him or her their cartoons on Saturday morning and make them go to school.
grlzbball&cheer Wrote:Bad Idea...it would serve only to appease the Dept of Education..there are NO kids that would respond to Math and Reading on a Saturday!

Exactly. Most don't want to work on Friday, let alone SATURDAY!
Kids dont do nothing on friday. you think you could get them to learn on saturday?>
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Kids dont do nothing on friday. you think you could get them to learn on saturday?>

The answer to that is NO.
I think it would be stupid! I mean, kids would not show up! And some have jobs too...How would that work out