Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anyone know why Tussey was asked to leave PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know the answer?
i go to pc and i really dont know...i heard that mr. mccoy wanted state champs. not just district and regional champs
Mr. McCoy has always been that way with everything...but does anyone else besides me think that is a bit much to ask from a team out of Eastern Kentucky?
It's not too much to ask because there have been teams from Eastern KY that have won state championships in other sports, but it is too much to expect. If and until there is a public/private split, there will not be a team from Eastern KY that can compete with a team the caliber of Lex Cath (I'm just using them as an example). I'm not sure if you put together an all-star team from the 15th region, that they could win against them. And it's not just basketball, it's Assumption in Volleyball, Trinity and St. X in 4A Football, etc., etc., etc.
But were not putting together an allstar team from Eastern ky.
No one knows why Tussey was asked to step down from the head coaching position at Pike Central...Many have their own opinons and assumptions on this but no one truely knows the exact answer besides McCoy and Tussey...I am normaly informed on everything that goes on at Pike Central but this I have asked around and no one knows why...Some say possibly McCoy and Tussey were not getting along...Others have said it was due to she wasnt doing what he wanted (in winning)...so basicly unless Tussey or McCoy has an account on here and wants to share what words were exchanged then the chances of us ever finding out the truth are VERY VERY SLIM...
No one will ever a 100% guaranteed factual answer. Even the people involved may not know the absolute truth. This is just how life works.
idk.....theres alot of talent in eastern kentucky :thumb:
Thanks for posting, just curious, either way i wish both the orginization and Tammy the best.
He grew up with Steve *****er the new coach. Steve's dad pretty much raised Mr. McCoy. You will see them sitting together at the games plus some say it was a political move for votes for the Paul Dotson on trying to get in as the next superintendent. Some how Mr. McCoy can help Paul Dotson get extra votes. Tussey went to college with Mr. McCoy and played ball in high school under Paul Dotson. She played on the state runner up team in 84 and started point guard. Confusedhithappe Tussey wanted to coach, McCoy wanted to help *****er make more money and let him coach the sport he likes the most.
I wouldn't count of Tussy being at central after the school year
Hulk: You sound bitter and you don't have your story correct.......

Some of the things you say are true - because McCoy did play for Coach *****er's Dad when he coached years ago (perhaps why they sit together). The rest of the story you say was based on getting *****er more money and a political move. I think all of this is false info in my opinion. If you truly had the inside scoop on the whole story - you'd know that Coach *****er got married in early Nov. and if this whole coaching change was premeditated as you indicate - I don't think *****er and his wife would have planned their wedding accordingly. They had to cancel their honeymoon, so he could come back and coach the team.

Several interviewed for the Head Coach position = the panel of interviewers selected the best choice out of the candidates. It was not a personal decision for McCoy to make.

Let's hope this is the end of this rumor mill because the team deserves better than this.....
who cares at this point why Tussey was asked to leave and *****er was named coach......what matters is how the PC team plays this year.
Hulk, you seem very informed or should I say misinformed. Rumor #1:Every one knows that *****er was the coach of Mullins, he didnt just coach Mr. Mccoy but several of the girls' players dads also went to Mullins (WHO CARES) Tussey played for Dotson (WHO CARES), it is not a secret. Let the girls play and everyone else just needs to leave them alone.

Rumor #2 : they grew up together? I think that it is a little hard to "grow" up with someone that is 10+ years older than you are. Rumor # 3 : I just dont see the big elaborate plan for *****er to plan his wedding and honeymoon that he never got to take if he was just all the while knowing he would have to get back to his team, seems to me someone forgot to tell him about the plan.

I know, what was that song? Thats how rumors get started.... STARTED BY THE JEALOUS PEOPLE, THEY GET MAD OVER SOMETHING THEY HAD.........
No not jealous just don't like to see other be shit on. Some people just never appreicate things. THANK YOU! I agree...let it go and let it be.
"Evil Twin" Wrote:Hulk, you seem very informed or should I say misinformed. Rumor #1:Every one knows that *****er was the coach of Mullins, he didnt just coach Mr. Mccoy but several of the girls' players dads also went to Mullins (WHO CARES) Tussey played for Dotson (WHO CARES), it is not a secret. Let the girls play and everyone else just needs to leave them alone.

Rumor #2 : they grew up together? I think that it is a little hard to "grow" up with someone that is 10+ years older than you are. Rumor # 3 : I just dont see the big elaborate plan for *****er to plan his wedding and honeymoon that he never got to take if he was just all the while knowing he would have to get back to his team, seems to me someone forgot to tell him about the plan.

I know, what was that song? Thats how rumors get started.... STARTED BY THE JEALOUS PEOPLE, THEY GET MAD OVER SOMETHING THEY HAD.........
who is *****er
I think everyone needs to let go of all this. There is more to living than playing or coaching basketball. Rember the rules. You guys are forgetting them. Good Luck to all.
No one knows so let's leave it at that :thumb:

DONE!