Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Butler 57 Knott Co. Central 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who won havent seen anything?
57-46 Butler
when was the last time a 14th reg team won a state tournment game
Grats to Butler on the win..Was pulling for KCC...Nothing to hang your heads about, you all had a great season.
pickthewinner Wrote:when was the last time a 14th reg team won a state tournment game

With the great draw that the 14th got this year, this is a very disappointing loss by the Pats. They had a great season and would of been nice to see them battling Mason tomorrow and it was great to see them end it on the floor in Lexington, but would of been great to get some more student seats for tomorrow's game to root for them again. Congrats on a great season for the seniors. Hope Tate and Stuart get to go on to the next level and do well.

And oh yeah, has anyone checked on Drum this evening?? He really didn't look to good from about halftime on tonight? He was all red and jumping up and down yelling at the refs as usual, thought he was going to have a heart attack. :devilflam:HitWall: Hope he is okay! :yikes:
lol Its always the Refs fault!
Hate to say this but this game went exactly like I predicted in the prediction thread.

Butler knew Cox and Stamper were the shooters and they played tight defense on them and limited their shots. Tate had very few uncontested shots, Stamper had a couple open looks and knocked them down but when the defense was in his grill, he could not create his own shot. I think Stamper had around 10 and Cox had about 8. Davis had several rebounds but struggled handling the ball.

Butler's athleticism was too much for KCC. KCC had the size advantage but Butler had the speed.

Congratulations to KCC on an outstanding year. At least it ended in Rupp Arena.:Thumbs: Only one team in the 14th that can say that!
congrats to Butler
lmao that wat kcc gets they shouldnt have won against hazard n they shouldnt have won against pcc an look wat happens they choke in the first round....perry couldve beat butler..enough said
Well Hazard has certainly won state tournament games recently. They beat South Laurel in opening round a couple years ago.
Congradulations to Knott County Central on a great year. I have no doubt they should have represented the region since they beat Hazard 4 times, Breathitt Co. 3 times and Perry Central 2 out of 3 times.
.Knott Central made a good comeback and just fell short at the end.
..Here is the linescore.
.Knott Central 57 Butler 46-Final
Butler won 1st quarter 13-12
Butler had a huge second quarter they won 17-5 making it Butler 30-17 at half.
Knott had a huge third quarter they won 18-6 cutting margin to a 36-35 Butler lead at the end of the third quarter
Butler won last quarter 21-11 making final 57-46
..For Knott Central(26-7)Stamper 10,Slone 9,Cox 8,Davis 7,Ratliff 6,Roberts 3,Mullins 3
..For Butler(20-11)Blakemore 17,Butler 13,McReynolds 11,Wesson 6,Stone 5,Ferrell 3,Saunders 2
Congrats Patriots on a great season. You have made us proud all season long and we all enjoyed every minute of it. A team with the class as you guys present on and off the court is hard to come by. We enjoyed every minute with you this season. Congrats to our Seniors - Logan, Zach, Braxton, Tate & Stuart - on an outstanding year and good luck in your futures. We love all of you guys and I know you will make us proud. I wouldn't trade being a Patriot fan for anything. GO PATS!

With that said, here are my comments on the game...
The first half did KCC in IMO, they couldn't buy a shot. If they would have played the whole game like they did the second half, especially the 3rd quarter, they would have won by double digits. They just weren't in the zone in the 1st. KCC outscored Butler 18-6 in the 3rd and played like themselves during that quarter, not all of it carried over to the 4th though, and a few little turnovers hurt them very bad. KCC IMO would beat Butler 6 or 7 out of 10 times, but that pesky 1st half would be enough to do just about any team. I still couldn't be prouder of our team. Like I said, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

What a year for KCC. It has been a great ride. Now let's look forward to another bright year in 2011! The road to Rupp begins again...
GO PATRIOTS!!!!

Good luck Shelby Valley!
Congrats to Knott on a great season, you guys were a strong team and I was pulling for our mountain brethren.

Good luck next year!
:ChairHit:..Awww. This sucks.
PATS2011 Wrote:Congrats Patriots on a great season. You have made us proud all season long and we all enjoyed every minute of it. A team with the class as you guys present on and off the court is hard to come by. We enjoyed every minute with you this season. Congrats to our Seniors - Logan, Zach, Braxton, Tate & Stuart - on an outstanding year and good luck in your futures. We love all of you guys and I know you will make us proud. I wouldn't trade being a Patriot fan for anything. GO PATS!

With that said, here are my comments on the game...
The first half did KCC in IMO, they couldn't buy a shot. If they would have played the whole game like they did the second half, especially the 3rd quarter, they would have won by double digits. They just weren't in the zone in the 1st. KCC outscored Butler 18-6 in the 3rd and played like themselves during that quarter, not all of it carried over to the 4th though, and a few little turnovers hurt them very bad. KCC IMO would beat Butler 6 or 7 out of 10 times, but that pesky 1st half would be enough to do just about any team. I still couldn't be prouder of our team. Like I said, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

What a year for KCC. It has been a great ride. Now let's look forward to another bright year in 2011! The road to Rupp begins again...
GO PATRIOTS!!!!

Good luck Shelby Valley!

I love this post! It pretty well sums it all up. KCC you have nothing to hang your heads about. You have had a season that most teams only dream of. A season that took you all the way to RUPP ARENA. Of course, I would have liked for my Dawgs to have been the ones to go but when I saw that wasn't going to happen I supported the PATS as they represented all of us in the 14th region. You have made us all proud and I have to say that I have been impressed with this group of fine young men. I also have to say that I was impressed with how the KCC faithful turned out to support their team at Rupp and the school spirit they showed there. I was honored to be in their company and to yell for the Patriots. Congratulations on a great season and thanks for the memories.

[Image: 2558775170058619761S600x600Q85.jpg]

More pictures here.... http://sports.webshots.com/album/577062424cPQfNI
I agree, Knott was the better team but did not show up in the first half. Good season from the Patriots and good luck to the seniors! Cant wait till next year...
pickthewinner Wrote:when was the last time a 14th reg team won a state tournment game

Whitesburg defeated Wayne County in 2002 and Hazard defeated South Laurel in 2008. I believe that Perry Central may have won a first round game sometime in between but I am not sure.
robmaxie68 Wrote:lmao that wat kcc gets they shouldnt have won against hazard n they shouldnt have won against pcc an look wat happens they choke in the first round....perry couldve beat butler..enough said

Maybe, but Perry choked against Knott so they went home.
Nice seasons for Knott Co. Congrats.
Congrats KCC on a great season.

2008- Hazard
2004- Perry Central
2002- Whitesburg

When was the last time a 14th region team advanced to Saturday morning (State Semi-finals)? I can't think of one since the 1986 Hazard Bulldogs.
rawlingsfan Wrote:2008- Hazard
2004- Perry Central
2002- Whitesburg

When was the last time a 14th region team advanced to Saturday morning (State Semi-finals)? I can't think of one since the 1986 Hazard Bulldogs.

Are you sure about Hazard and Perry Central? The thought Al Holland had never won a sweet sixteen game.
kind of a heartbreaker. Slone came to play in the third quarter, 4 blocks :O, and made some big shots. if they had played the whole game with that intensity, the score would have been flipflopped.
KCC was scared to death they could've easily won this game I think they scared their self out of it. We did have alot of fans there, I was so down over the loss I just sold my tickets for this morning I hate it for the sr's, maybe next yr. I think PCC would've killed butler though
Congrats to Butler.
and Congrats to the Patriots on a wonderful season. You boys have battled through and made it to Rupp! Congrats to Stuart, Tate, Braxton, Logan, and Zack on a great 4 years. You boys have the best class and I also wouldn't trade being a Patriot for anything.

Btw, I just love how perry comes into this thread. I along with every other Knott fan don't care if Perry could have beaten this team, they didn't make it to Rupp, so get over it. CONGRATS PATS!
rawlingsfan Wrote:2008- Hazard
2004- Perry Central
2002- Whitesburg

1986 Hazard Bulldogs were last 14th region team to play in semi-finals Saturday morning.
yeeahh Wrote:Congrats to Butler.
and Congrats to the Patriots on a wonderful season. You boys have battled through and made it to Rupp! Congrats to Stuart, Tate, Braxton, Logan, and Zack on a great 4 years. You boys have the best class and I also wouldn't trade being a Patriot for anything.

Btw, I just love how perry comes into this thread. I along with every other Knott fan don't care if Perry could have beaten this team, they didn't make it to Rupp, so get over it. CONGRATS PATS!

lildrummerboy is not a Perry fan.
Congrats Butler!

(This was their first ever Sweet 16 win)
No im a KCC fan but was dissapointed at the game plan and the mental prep KCC came out with I know it's hard to not be over excited and nervous. Anywho it's over I guess i just wanted the boys to do good they the (14th region had a good draw and i meant i think perry cent. could of done some damage in the lower bracket and this is an open forum so i'll bring whoever i want into it. I love KCC but I also love East Ky and want to see my home region do good no matter who it is. Butler was junk we shot 27% and still had a chance.
Anybody else having trouble getting these pics to enlarge when you click on them?
http://sports.webshots.com/album/577062424cPQfNI
Pages: 1 2