Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Food City 500 - Bristol, TN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody else headed down to Bristol for some Nascar this coming weekend? Any thoughts or predictions on the race?
I was going to go but I bought a truck two weeks ago so I have to stay here and work.
Im hoping for a 1-2 finish Edwards and Earnhardt Jr. (wishful htinking i know.)
I'm rooting for Tony Stewart.
Westside Wrote:I'm rooting for Tony Stewart.

lol My dad is too. He is a big stewart fan. Its fun watching the game at my parents house, dad is for stewart, mom for J. Gordon, my uncle for Johnson, and I'm for Edwards and Earnhardt.
I was going but have some football duties to do Sunday so I will have to catch it on tv. Really hoping Jr does something but if he can't get it done I'm pulling for Mark Martin.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I was going but have some football duties to do Sunday so I will have to catch it on tv. Really hoping Jr does something but if he can't get it done I'm pulling for Mark Martin.

:Thumbs:
This will be only the 3rd Bristol race Ive missed since '01 but I wont be there Sunday. I will be watching on TV though and rooting for JR!
Westside Wrote:I'm rooting for Tony Stewart.

Nice.. SMOKE!
Don't know what race it was in but I saw a real bad wreck happen in one of them. You could see fire and ambulance was coming over to driver. Hope it wasn't real serious. I wasn't really watching the race but saw channel and had it on just a minute as I switched between watching basketball games.
Well.. It was a good day for Smoke. Really wish he could've held of the 48 at the end. Could've been the most boring race I've ever been to at Bristol. Lots of empty seats, as well.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Well.. It was a good day for Smoke. Really wish he could've held of the 48 at the end. Could've been the most boring race I've ever been to at Bristol. Lots of empty seats, as well.

I saw all those empty seats and was woundering if the weather had run people off or they were just that empty. That is not the same Bristol I have been to for many years. But one reason I stopped going was ticket prices got plain outragous, JR was not doing very well and Nascar has taken rubbin and racing out of the sport. Nascar does not want creative people in the garages figuring out how to make their cars faster than others. Nascar want an equal playing field and that makes for boring races.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I saw all those empty seats and was woundering if the weather had run people off or they were just that empty. That is not the same Bristol I have been to for many years. But one reason I stopped going was ticket prices got plain outragous, JR was not doing very well and Nascar has taken rubbin and racing out of the sport. Nascar does not want creative people in the garages figuring out how to make their cars faster than others. Nascar want an equal playing field and that makes for boring races.

You're absolutely right. Its a shame that, of all places, Bristol has become what it is. The weather was pretty nice up until race time, but maybe it scared a few people off. I'd say both had a part in it, but I only hope that they do something to make it exciting down there again.
I tell ya if Dale JR would had not speeded of pit road he would of had a good shot of winning...but he did...sucks