Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Wall AP SEC Player Of The Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wall, Cousins and Patterson are all recognized by the Associated Press and this time they didn't forget Coach Calipari. Yeah, I still can't get over Kevn Stallings (Head Nerd) winning the SEC.

Here's what the AP had to say...

[FONT=&quot]ATLANTA (AP) - Kentucky guard John Wall has been named player of the year and newcomer of the year on The Associated Press All-Southeastern Conference team, while John Calipari of the Wildcats took the coaching award.

Wall and Calipari helped lead Kentucky back to the top of the SEC after two disappointing seasons under Billy Gillispie.

Wall and another Wildcats freshman, forward DeMarcus Cousins, were both unanimous choices to the first team, as was South Carolina guard Devan Downey. The other first-teamers were Jarvis Varnado of Mississippi State and Georgia's Trey Thompkins.

Kentucky's Patrick Patterson led the second team, which also included Chris Warren of Mississippi, Jermaine Beal of Vanderbilt, Tasmin Mitchell of LSU and Wayne Chism of Tennessee.

[/FONT]
http://www.nationofblue.com/john-wall-ap...-year-594/
I think this is AP SEC POY awards.

Nonetheless, congrats Cats!
Very well deserved. He was hands down the best player in the SEC. Had it not been for Cousins lack of numbers over the last 10 games, he easily could have surpassed Wall to player of the year status.
Good to see, Wall and Cal getting some well deserve recognition after a run like that in the tourney. I will save the discussion for Cal's coach of the year until I see how far we go but they are well place in the discussion for both.