Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Spring Football News...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any interesting spring practice notes? Numbers up, numbers down, soph's to be looking good. Gotta be some action out there somewhere.
Wow, common guys throw me a bone. Boyle county hasn't started yet. I'm dying over here.
It's Spring Football. What can you tell from Spring Football. Watching guys run through the motions while the top football players are playing baseball or running track, not much to report.
We go full pads at Lewis County. We've had better numbers than in years' past and have a few that are playing this year that didn't last year come out looking great.
My bad, we don't lose all that many to baseball or track. Some but not a bunch.
Boyle finally got rolling today and had 60+ in pads letting them pop. Lot's of rust but also lots of excitement. A few new players that were walking the halls last year and a few sitting out the spring still healing from injuries from last year but lots and lots of pad popping to be had.
64black&gold Wrote:Boyle finally got rolling today and had 60+ in pads letting them pop. Lot's of rust but also lots of excitement. A few new players that were walking the halls last year and a few sitting out the spring still healing from injuries from last year but lots and lots of pad popping to be had.

wow .congrats we are lucky if we get 20 to 25 out. have fun watching it will be over with fast enough.I can't wait until the season starts .i am pathic Confusedhh::rockon::1:
I'm with you on that belldad2011, ours is alsost over and I cant wait for next season to start.
belldad2011 Wrote:wow .congrats we are lucky if we get 20 to 25 out. have fun watching it will be over with fast enough.I can't wait until the season starts .i am pathic Confusedhh::rockon::1:

Is that because of baseball and track like Stardust said?
owen started finally we had 25 the first day..hopefully the numbers keep rising
Any news from Lawrence Co.?
They had large numbers out.. Was shocked to see the numbers.. I know winning helps but just wow.. I am sure there will be a few not make it back out when practice really starts in what 4 months... But still great numbers.
The JYD's at Lawrence are stretching the chain pretty tight. Coach won't let them go full speed afraid they will maul some of their own. This defense is going to be hard nosed as most of them just play defense.
64black&gold Wrote:Is that because of baseball and track like Stardust said?
yes,about 15 are in other sports . most of those praticing are freshman and freshman who didn't play last year.tthis helps them a lot .
Batpuff Wrote:They had large numbers out.. Was shocked to see the numbers.. I know winning helps but just wow.. I am sure there will be a few not make it back out when practice really starts in what 4 months... But still great numbers.

i know what u mean.we usually start out with about 55 to 60 and end up with 30 to 40 .
We've had 30-40 everyday.
Does most teams go full pads full contact. I mean really get down and dirty.
Gone full pads full contact everyday
Who is predicted to win it all in 5A?
Polecatveer Wrote:Who is predicted to win it all in 5A?

I would assume Highlands unless they move classes like many think they will.
64black&gold Wrote:I would assume Highlands unless they move classes like many think they will.
They are not moving anywhere. Those who think they are moving from one class to another next year don't understand the system.
nky Wrote:They are not moving anywhere. Those who think they are moving from one class to another next year don't understand the system.

I would think Highlands is the favorite and don't give a rats rump if they change or not. Why don't you explain the system so some of us from other parts of the state may understand.
I only mention the moving possiblilty because of Highlands fans on the site. They have been saying it for 5 months. I do understand the system and that the numbers are ran every two years but that a team can petition to move because of proximity to same class competition. Again, I only mentioned it because of several highlands fans bringing it up all of last season.
The kids that spring football would benefit the most, can't participate and those are the current 8th graders.
why cant 8th graders join in?
Speculation at this time, but I hear a former Wildcat, former Superbowl player may have some strong interest in the quarterback coaching vacancy at Highlands, which came open last week.
rebelj40 Wrote:why cant 8th graders join in?

Not officially in high school. Not covered by high school insurance nor governed by khsaa. Way too many hurdles.
64black&gold Wrote:I would assume Highlands unless they move classes like many think they will.

Highlands has to be the favorite, however I don't think it will be the Cake walk in their district like it was the past 2 years. (Pun very much intended)

Highlands won't be as good as they were in 2009, and I believe CovCath will be much better overall in 2010. May not have a dual threat QB like Erpenbeck, but I think their defense will be much improved. I also think Dixie could surprise some people as well.

I also think that Johnson Central could give them problems if they meet in the playoff's as well.
Jackson County had a good spring practice. They had consistantly 25-30 showing up and to be honset that is more than they ended the season with. So thats a good sign. Seems like the coaches have been really talking to the students in the school about playing football. From the sounds of it they got some key atheletes to play next year.
64black&gold Wrote:I only mention the moving possiblilty because of Highlands fans on the site. They have been saying it for 5 months. I do understand the system and that the numbers are ran every two years but that a team can petition to move because of proximity to same class competition. Again, I only mentioned it because of several highlands fans bringing it up all of last season.

This Highlands fan knows for a fact that they are not moving classes for this coming year. There is ZERO truth to the rumor. When the KHSAA realigns for the season beginning 2011, Highlands may end up in 4A because the KHSAA forces them to do so.
Pages: 1 2