Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brandon Knight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night I was able to speak with Tonya Knight, Brandon Knight’s mother, for a bit in order to get the latest on where his recruitment stands. Despite rumors that Knight was deciding between staying at home in Florida or playing for Calipari at Kentucky, she said, “No we haven’t cut the list down yet. We probably won’t cut the list at all. He’ll just make his decision” This meshes well with what I’ve been hearing, which is that all schools remain in play and Brandon is still in the midst of the decision making process.

She also added, “We plan on making a decision in a couple of weeks.” This also goes right along with what the same above sources have been saying.

Therefore, I tend to believe that the people that I have been able to talk with about Knight are good with their information. They’ve debunked rumors that any kind of commitment is 100% and even laughed at the idea of a “silent verbal.” The situation right now seems to be exactly what Mrs. Knight is saying. Brandon is in the process of deciding and you can expect that decision anytime within the next couple weeks. These same sources do get the feeling though that any leaning at this point is toward joining Calipari’s long line of future NBA point guards.

Adam Zagoria spoke with a few sources today as well, that seem to feel the parent’s end of the decision is solid. His sources said, “The parents like UK. Brandon likes the idea of staying local, but he’s definitely not opposed to going away.” A second source said that the parents had already in fact made up their mind and selected UK. “Do I think they made up their mind already? Yes, I do. It’s hard for me to believe they’ll stay locally,” the source said. Both of these sources agreed that, in the end, UK would be the ultimate destination.

So it looks like all sources agree that UK is sitting in their best case scenario right now, especially with this staff’s ability to seal deals on the recruiting trail.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=46866
Expect anything from this young man
I think that this is very encouraging for UK. In not way does he lean one way or another and if there is any wavering, I would say let the NCAA tournament influence that. Come on down Knight and joining the juggernaut that is UK basketball.
Really hoping Knight puts the ole Kentucky jersey on in the nextcouple of weeks.
^ I have a feeling that this weekend will be when the dominoes start falling. Knight to UK, then Selby to Kansas, and then on down the line.
Adam Zagoria of Zag's Blog predicts Knight will end up at UK.

A Max Preps writer predicts Knight will end up at Florida.
I do not follow men's basketball recruting because it is so confusing to me. Is Brandon Knight the #1 target for UK right now? How good could he be? If he went elsewhere would it crush UK's recruiting season?
lwc Wrote:I do not follow men's basketball recruting because it is so confusing to me. Is Brandon Knight the #1 target for UK right now? How good could he be? If he went elsewhere would it crush UK's recruiting season?

Brandon Knight is the #1 PG and #1 player for the Class of 2010 according to rivals.com's top 150 players. He is a 6'3 185 do-it-all player from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He currently has Kentucky, Florida, UConn, Syracuse, and Kansas in his most recent list of schools (most believe Kentucky and Florida are the front-runners).

The favorite has said to be UK most of the way and that hasn't changed as of right now. It is now being said that he would like to stay in-state and will choose Florida over UK. With that being said, most still believe UK is where he will end up.

Knight and his mother have said a few times that his decision will come in the next couple of weeks.

If UK gets Knight, then he will pick up where John Wall left off. Knight is more of a scorer than a passer and I think we will see that wherever he ends up going to school.

If UK doesn't get Knight, then we will probably be playing against him twice next year as he would be expected to choose Florida. Knight teamed up with Kenny Boynton once again (dating back to their AAU days in '07 and '08) would be a hard backcourt to stop.

Still though, UK is said to either get Brandon Knight or Josh Selby (rivals.com top 150: #2 PG, #4 player) or maybe even both.
Brandon has Eliminated Miami and Added Syracuse to the mix
^really....I agree with sparty now, expect anything from this young man! Syracuse would bea great fit for him as well...I hope he goes to UK or cuse
theVILLE Wrote:^really....I agree with sparty now, expect anything from this young man! Syracuse would bea great fit for him as well...I hope he goes to UK or cuse

yep.....according to KSR

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=46914
I can see Brandon Knight and Eric Bledsoe in the backcourt. That is a combination that would be take care of Wall leaving.
Strikeout King Wrote:yep.....according to KSR

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=46914

Saw that Cal was watching corey Joseph! That would be a great fit for the cats i think
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Brandon Knight is the #1 PG and #1 player for the Class of 2010 according to rivals.com's top 150 players. He is a 6'3 185 do-it-all player from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He currently has Kentucky, Florida, UConn, Syracuse, and Kansas in his most recent list of schools (most believe Kentucky and Florida are the front-runners).

The favorite has said to be UK most of the way and that hasn't changed as of right now. It is now being said that he would like to stay in-state and will choose Florida over UK. With that being said, most still believe UK is where he will end up.

Knight and his mother have said a few times that his decision will come in the next couple of weeks.

If UK gets Knight, then he will pick up where John Wall left off. Knight is more of a scorer than a passer and I think we will see that wherever he ends up going to school.

If UK doesn't get Knight, then we will probably be playing against him twice next year as he would be expected to choose Florida. Knight teamed up with Kenny Boynton once again (dating back to their AAU days in '07 and '08) would be a hard backcourt to stop.

Still though, UK is said to either get Brandon Knight or Josh Selby (rivals.com top 150: #2 PG, #4 player) or maybe even both.

Thanks!