Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does the team from Mt. Vernon need to improve on this season? What are some strengths? Who are some key players that will be returning? Who are some players that will be missed from last season?

Predictions? Comments? Questions? Post them here!
Clark Rowe (SO) Runningback= rushed over 2,000 yards last season
John L. Saylor (JR) Tailback/Linebacker= rushed over 700 yards and had over 70 tackles last season.
BB Bradley (SO) OL/DL= 77 tackles last season
Stephen Thomason (SO) DB= 58 tackles last season
OTHER NOTABLES:Corey Baker (JR) WR/DB,Perry Mason (SO) LB/RB,Nick Thomason (SO) OL/DL,Dylan Thacker (JR) OL/DL,Chris Luna (SO) Runningback,Luke Allen (JR) OL/DB,Ben Lake (SO) OL/DL,Spencer Childress (SO) WR/DB.

Rockcastle will have difficulties in the offensive categories with the quarterback and receivers mainly but the running attack is established, there will be depth for the offensive and defensive lines. Rockcastle will more and likely find the quarterback position for Jadon Brock or John Curtis Wilson and the receivers will mainly go to Corey Baker,Perry Mason and Spencer Childress. Rock will also play another tough schedule and this time pull out a few non-district victories. Rock will strongly get second in the district to Bell County, Bell and Knox come to Mount Vernon. McCreary and Southern should not be trouble. Rockcastle at the end will either be 6-6,7-5 or 8-4.
Who does rock play non-district?
former Wrote:Who does rock play non-district?
From a resource; Danville,Southwestern,Lincoln Co.,Whitley Co. and Wayne Co. more and likely.
Was the game with boyle last year a home and home series ? is it the first game or the second game?
belldad2011 Wrote:Was the game with boyle last year a home and home series ? is it the first game or the second game?

Its was at Danville high school in there Bowl game. Rockcastle will play Danville at danville to start the season.
good luck then .do u know who boyle playes?
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Its was at Danville high school in there Bowl game. Rockcastle will play Danville at danville to start the season.

Good luck with that game, Danville should be much improved.
The rock will be a differnt team this year than last these kids have a hole differnt attuid from last years team. They were lacking leadership last season and John l Saylor and Corey Baker does not wont to go out with aounther bad season this to kids are leaders and are all heart . With that said we also have alot coming back next season.
I just don't see Rockcastle earning back-to-back losing seasons this year. This year will more and likely be improved overall.
who will be rocks QB this yr.
rockhard2 Wrote:The rock will be a differnt team this year than last these kids have a hole differnt attuid from last years team. They were lacking leadership last season and John l Saylor and Corey Baker does not wont to go out with aounther bad season this to kids are leaders and are all heart . With that said we also have alot coming back next season.

let me tell you something last years team had leadership what makes you think john l saylor will be a good team leader. he cause so many problems last year with the team. he would not let cole abney and the other captins do there job. i sure would like to know who you are because my son was a senior last year and he put every thing he had into it. and you think they will have a winning season next year did you see them in spring ball they look like midget out there. i will give them this they will have a good running back but you have to have a good line to get yards and win games. i got one more point to make they will have a new qb not saying the one last year was good but who ever will be qb it will be there frist year play varsity football. and the qb dont have a line to help him out.
Aug 28, 10 Danville away 8:00 PM
Sep 3, 10 Wayne County home 7:30 PM
Sep 10, 10 Lincoln County away 7:30 PM
Sep 17, 10 Pulaski County away 7:30 PM
Sep 24, 10 Bell County home 7:30 PM
Oct 1, 10 Madison Southern away 7:30 PM
Oct 8, 10 Knox Central home 7:30 PM
Oct 15, 10 McCreary Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 22, 10 Southwestern home 7:30 PM
Oct 29, 10 Whitley County away 7:30 PM
rock will be solid but not as good as they were in the past
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Aug 28, 10 Danville away 8:00 PM
Sep 3, 10 Wayne County home 7:30 PM
Sep 10, 10 Lincoln County away 7:30 PM
Sep 17, 10 Pulaski County away 7:30 PM
Sep 24, 10 Bell County home 7:30 PM
Oct 1, 10 Madison Southern away 7:30 PM
Oct 8, 10 Knox Central home 7:30 PM
Oct 15, 10 McCreary Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 22, 10 Southwestern home 7:30 PM
Oct 29, 10 Whitley County away 7:30 PM

I predict wins against Wayne Co, Lincoln Co, Madison Southern, McCreary Central. Any others would be great but will depend on what the teams have coming back. We all know Danville, PC, Bell, Knox will be strong. SW and WC are up and down so don't know about them. Good luck rock
This will be a tough season! I wish my Rockets all the luck.

Keep us updated on work-outs, starters, etc...
Rockcastle will be ready strong,more disciplined,more in shape and most of all determined.
bump
Bump...again. Big Grin
I think that Rockcastle will be just fine this next year with the group that they have and the kids coming up. You have three of the five starting offensive linemen returning. The two running backs that pretty much amassed most all of the rushing (Rowe with 2200+ and Saylor with 500+). And you have several kids with extensive varsity experience including the two Thomason boys, one of whom is a lineman and the other a very, very good defender. The sophomore Saylor is a lineman and is bulked up considerably. And you have two large capable freshmen (Denny and J. Lake) coming up that weigh more than 230 lbs. apiece that can sub in and out on the line. The future quarterback (junior Brock I presume) led the freshmen to an undefeated season with wins over LCA and Bell County year before last.
The defensive side will be a trial by fire for a few as it will be very hard to replace some of those boys from last year. But, again, there are several boys on the team that have experience on defense as well and they will have to step up their game and gel as the season progresses. J. Saylor and Bradley will be in the middle as LB's. S. Thomason as stated earlier will be a headhunter at DE. Senior Allen will also be playing DE and should get better with seasoning as he can get pretty intense. The secondary will have Baker and Rowe coming back and with some help from Reams, Causey and Haddix, they will hold their own defensively. With some seasoning, this should be a pretty decent year.
So....Good luck to the Rock boys!:Thumbs: Don't ever give up and you should do nothing but get better during the tough upcoming season. :rockon:
I see that a couple of boys from the ROCK got themselves some ink in the Louisville Courier Journal. Congrats to the Lake and Rowe boys for making the "Class of 2012" list of football prospects in the state. The entire junior class for Rockcastle has a tremendous amount of talent and these two standout where they have been given the chance to play more often than the others and have taken advantage of that opportunity and ran with it. Other names to watch for are Adams, Bradley, Brock, Childress, Luna, Mason, Reams, and both Thomasons. All of these boys will be probable starters this next season and will only get better as the season progresses. :Clap:Good luck boys!:Clap:

Class of 2012 state football rankings
The early indications are extremely positive about the Class of 2012 football prospects across the state of Kentucky.

While the class doesn't appear to be as deep as the Class of 2011 there are several prospects that - at this point - project to be high-level Division I players.

I'm only going to rank the top 10 in this class because there will be so much change between now and the first few weeks of the season. I will give you other names just not ranked past 10.

The other names are listed in alphabetical order and the photo to the left is of Mason County's Josh Harris.

The list:

1. Josh Harris, LB-RB, Mason County, 6-2, 185 - Harris was all over the field as a sophomore, rushing for over 1,300 yards and amassing 115 tackles. He has perfect combination of big-time athleticism, speed and a high football IQ.
2. Zeke Pike, QB, Dixie Heights, 6-5, 225 - Never taken a varsity snap under center but has shown so much potential at camps and combines. Major colleges love him.
3. Travis Elliott, RB, Ryle, 5-11, 210 - Elliott has been on the radar since he made an impact during his freshman season. A hard-nosed runner and very intense.
4. Patrick Towles, QB, Fort Thomas Highlands, 6-5, 230 - Was solid under center as a sophomore in part-time role, throwing for more than 1,100 yards. He's the grandson of Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Bunning.
5. Adam Wing, QB, Rowan County, 6-4, 195 - Completed over 50 percent of his passes as a sophomore. Is bigger and stronger and should have a monster season.
6. Joe Manley, OL, Bowling Green, 6-6, 305 - If he keeps progressing at the current rate will be a high, high Division I kid with great size.
7. Rob Lewis, OL-DL, Pulaski Southwestern, 6-4, 275 - A lot of big-time schools have already inquired, including Ohio State, Virginia Tech and Nebraska.
8. Josh Walls, RB-FS, Scott County, 5-10, 180 - Will likely wind up leading virtually every record at Scott County High School before his career is complete.
9. Vincent Miller, WR, Henry Clay, 5-11, 175 - Played a limited role last season but has been a star on the camp scene this spring.
10. Adam Reynolds, LB, Trinity, 6-1, 175 - One of several big-time young prospects for the Shamrocks. Reynolds called the defenses last season as a sophomore and will be the leader of what should be a top defense this fall.

* Brandon Ball, OL-DL, North Laurel, 6-4, 305
* Beau Biller, LB, Eastern, 6-1, 225
* Tyler Black, TE, Mason County, 6-2, 220
* Matt Brewer, LB, Trinity, 5-11, 175
* Hunter Brewer, LB, Trinity, 5-11, 175
* Jordan Brewer, QB, Bardstown, 6-2, 180
* Drake Bruns, RB-DB, Fort Thomas Highlands, 6-1, 185
* Jeremy Clark, FS, Madisonville, 6-4, 190
* Greg Clemons, RB, Holmes, 5-10, 175
* K.J. Cofer, LB, Bowling Green, 6-1, 195
* J.D. Harmon, ATH, Paducah Tilghman, 6-2, 192
* Lee Lee Hayden, RB, Valley, 6-1, 215
* Russell Hayden, RB, Owensboro Catholic, 5-9, 195
* Scooter Hollis, QB, Bowling Green, 6-1, 170
* Tyler Ison, OL-DL, East Carter, 6-3, 300
* Jordan Kindred, LB, Scott County, 6-2, 220
* Ben Lake, OL-DL, Rockcastle County, 6-2, 220
* Kaleb Leach, Frankfort, TB, DB
* Dustin Linthicum, WR-DB, Greenup County, 6-4, 175
* David Martin, OL-DE, Ballard, 6-4, 240
* Anthony Myrks, DB-WR, Bardstown, 5-11, 175
* Chase Roark, QB-ATH, Middlesboro, 6-4, 210
* Daniel Ross, DE, Jeffersontown, 6-5, 240
* Clark Rowe, RB-DB, Rockcastle County, 5-10, 195
* Turney Sugg, DB, Trinity, 5-10, 165
* Logan Wade, DT-TE, Madisonville, 6-4, 245
* Joey Warburg, OL, Trinity, 6-5, 220
* Alan Williams, WR-LB, Pulaski Southwesternm 6-2, 191

Labels: Adam Reynolds, Adam Wing, Joe Manley, Josh Haris, Josh Walls, Patrick Towles, Rob Lewis, Travis Elliot, Vincent Miller, Zeke Pike

Email this • Share on Facebook • AddThis! • Add to del.icio.us • Twit This! • Find related feeds

posted by Jody Demling at 8:00 AM 0 comments
thanks for posting these papagrit
lwc Wrote:thanks for posting these papagrit

Bet Ben Lake is kicking everybody's butt at the Rock Lineman camp!
good luck to the rockets
logmountainboy64 Wrote:good luck to the rockets

Thanks LMB....and to your boys too! I believe Bell is the front runner IMHO for the state again this year in 4A. Big ol' boys on the line for Bell from what I've heard.
Who do we Scrimmage this year and when is it
HAT51 Wrote:Bet Ben Lake is kicking everybody's butt at the Rock Lineman camp!

I heard that he looks even stronger right now!
papagrit Wrote:I see that a couple of boys from the ROCK got themselves some ink in the Louisville Courier Journal. Congrats to the Lake and Rowe boys for making the "Class of 2012" list of football prospects in the state. The entire junior class for Rockcastle has a tremendous amount of talent and these two standout where they have been given the chance to play more often than the others and have taken advantage of that opportunity and ran with it. Other names to watch for are Adams, Bradley, Brock, Childress, Luna, Mason, Reams, and both Thomasons. All of these boys will be probable starters this next season and will only get better as the season progresses. :Clap:Good luck boys!:Clap:

Class of 2012 state football rankings
The early indications are extremely positive about the Class of 2012 football prospects across the state of Kentucky.

While the class doesn't appear to be as deep as the Class of 2011 there are several prospects that - at this point - project to be high-level Division I players.

I'm only going to rank the top 10 in this class because there will be so much change between now and the first few weeks of the season. I will give you other names just not ranked past 10.

The other names are listed in alphabetical order and the photo to the left is of Mason County's Josh Harris.

The list:

1. Josh Harris, LB-RB, Mason County, 6-2, 185 - Harris was all over the field as a sophomore, rushing for over 1,300 yards and amassing 115 tackles. He has perfect combination of big-time athleticism, speed and a high football IQ.
2. Zeke Pike, QB, Dixie Heights, 6-5, 225 - Never taken a varsity snap under center but has shown so much potential at camps and combines. Major colleges love him.
3. Travis Elliott, RB, Ryle, 5-11, 210 - Elliott has been on the radar since he made an impact during his freshman season. A hard-nosed runner and very intense.
4. Patrick Towles, QB, Fort Thomas Highlands, 6-5, 230 - Was solid under center as a sophomore in part-time role, throwing for more than 1,100 yards. He's the grandson of Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Bunning.
5. Adam Wing, QB, Rowan County, 6-4, 195 - Completed over 50 percent of his passes as a sophomore. Is bigger and stronger and should have a monster season.
6. Joe Manley, OL, Bowling Green, 6-6, 305 - If he keeps progressing at the current rate will be a high, high Division I kid with great size.
7. Rob Lewis, OL-DL, Pulaski Southwestern, 6-4, 275 - A lot of big-time schools have already inquired, including Ohio State, Virginia Tech and Nebraska.
8. Josh Walls, RB-FS, Scott County, 5-10, 180 - Will likely wind up leading virtually every record at Scott County High School before his career is complete.
9. Vincent Miller, WR, Henry Clay, 5-11, 175 - Played a limited role last season but has been a star on the camp scene this spring.
10. Adam Reynolds, LB, Trinity, 6-1, 175 - One of several big-time young prospects for the Shamrocks. Reynolds called the defenses last season as a sophomore and will be the leader of what should be a top defense this fall.

* Brandon Ball, OL-DL, North Laurel, 6-4, 305
* Beau Biller, LB, Eastern, 6-1, 225
* Tyler Black, TE, Mason County, 6-2, 220
* Matt Brewer, LB, Trinity, 5-11, 175
* Hunter Brewer, LB, Trinity, 5-11, 175
* Jordan Brewer, QB, Bardstown, 6-2, 180
* Drake Bruns, RB-DB, Fort Thomas Highlands, 6-1, 185
* Jeremy Clark, FS, Madisonville, 6-4, 190
* Greg Clemons, RB, Holmes, 5-10, 175
* K.J. Cofer, LB, Bowling Green, 6-1, 195
* J.D. Harmon, ATH, Paducah Tilghman, 6-2, 192
* Lee Lee Hayden, RB, Valley, 6-1, 215
* Russell Hayden, RB, Owensboro Catholic, 5-9, 195
* Scooter Hollis, QB, Bowling Green, 6-1, 170
* Tyler Ison, OL-DL, East Carter, 6-3, 300
* Jordan Kindred, LB, Scott County, 6-2, 220
* Ben Lake, OL-DL, Rockcastle County, 6-2, 220
* Kaleb Leach, Frankfort, TB, DB
* Dustin Linthicum, WR-DB, Greenup County, 6-4, 175
* David Martin, OL-DE, Ballard, 6-4, 240
* Anthony Myrks, DB-WR, Bardstown, 5-11, 175
* Chase Roark, QB-ATH, Middlesboro, 6-4, 210
* Daniel Ross, DE, Jeffersontown, 6-5, 240
* Clark Rowe, RB-DB, Rockcastle County, 5-10, 195
* Turney Sugg, DB, Trinity, 5-10, 165
* Logan Wade, DT-TE, Madisonville, 6-4, 245
* Joey Warburg, OL, Trinity, 6-5, 220
* Alan Williams, WR-LB, Pulaski Southwesternm 6-2, 191

Labels: Adam Reynolds, Adam Wing, Joe Manley, Josh Haris, Josh Walls, Patrick Towles, Rob Lewis, Travis Elliot, Vincent Miller, Zeke Pike

Email this • Share on Facebook • AddThis! • Add to del.icio.us • Twit This! • Find related feeds

posted by Jody Demling at 8:00 AM 0 comments

Please leave Pulaski off of Southwestern.