Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
What does the team from Log Mountain Road need to improve on to bring home the State Championship? What are some strengths? Who are some key players that will be returning? Who are some players that will be missed from last season?

Predictions? Comments? Weight-room results? 40-times? Questions? Post them here!
Bell County will be either 9-3,10-2 or 10-3.
lwc Wrote:What does the team from Log Mountain Road need to improve on to bring home the State Championship? What are some strengths? Who are some key players that will be returning? Who are some players that will be missed from last season?

Predictions? Comments? Weight-room results? 40-times? Questions? Post them here!

Obviously the offensive and defensive line will be huge factors in the success of Bell next year. We lost quite a bit on both sides of the ball. Some receivers and db's will also have to pick it up for Bell next year.
Strenghts-running backs,quarterback, linebackers, defensive ends,speed, very skilled, experienced, and loads of talent. They'll get better as the year goes by.
Weakness-For now both sides of the line but keep in mind we do have key players returning.
Key players- Corey Davenport, John Dudley Hilton, Dominic Carton, Cody Davenport, Ben Madon, Taylor Mills,
there's plenty more but I don't have the time to mention them all. Not trying to slight anyone.
Players that will be missed. Cody Marcum, Mike Howard, Joseph Collett, Matt Raines, again many more but not enough time to mention them all. It was a great group.
To win it all- line play, keep the desire they already have, running the ball (which should be outstanding this year), passing game to improve (qb Madon will be a player talked about quite a bit, he has all the tools and receivers to throw to).
I have no results from the weight room or 40 time. But I know they hit the weight room hard EVERY YEAR. And the speed, everyone knows about Corey Davenport.
Prediction-you never know. It's a long season but this bunch has the chance to win it all. We have to improve in certain areas and work hard in all areas. Staying injury free is always crucial. If we have line play that improves every game, I think it's ours for the taking. Just my opinion.
easyM Wrote:Obviously the offensive and defensive line will be huge factors in the success of Bell next year. We lost quite a bit on both sides of the ball. Some receivers and db's will also have to pick it up for Bell next year.
Strenghts-running backs,quarterback, linebackers, defensive ends,speed, very skilled, experienced, and loads of talent. They'll get better as the year goes by.
Weakness-For now both sides of the line but keep in mind we do have key players returning.
Key players- Corey Davenport, John Dudley Hilton, Dominic Carton, Cody Davenport, Ben Madon, Taylor Mills,
there's plenty more but I don't have the time to mention them all. Not trying to slight anyone.
Players that will be missed. Cody Marcum, Mike Howard, Joseph Collett, Matt Raines, again many more but not enough time to mention them all. It was a great group.
To win it all- line play, keep the desire they already have, running the ball (which should be outstanding this year), passing game to improve (qb Madon will be a player talked about quite a bit, he has all the tools and receivers to throw to).
I have no results from the weight room or 40 time. But I know they hit the weight room hard EVERY YEAR. And the speed, everyone knows about Corey Davenport.
Prediction-you never know. It's a long season but this bunch has the chance to win it all. We have to improve in certain areas and work hard in all areas. Staying injury free is always crucial. If we have line play that improves every game, I think it's ours for the taking. Just my opinion.

VERY good post!
lwc Wrote:VERY good post!

Hello all my Bell Co. Friends from Alcoa. I just wanted to catch up and see how everybody thinks your team will do this year. Sounds like you have a great deal of strength returning and will have another great season. Wishing all of you well and hope the fans and players alike have a great year.

I will keep in touch; maybe get some info from you on how your spring practice and scrimmages go this spring. Best of luck to you all!
not too many out for spring pratice mostly freshman and newcomers most upperclassmen are in baseball and track. have a few that look promising and a few that have improved a lot .
belldad2011 Wrote:not too many out for spring pratice mostly freshman and newcomers most upperclassmen are in baseball and track. have a few that look promising and a few that have improved a lot .

Can't believe that I left out Billy Lawson as a key loss. He will definitely be missed.
easyM Wrote:Can't believe that I left out Billy Lawson as a key loss. He will definitely be missed.

Keith Lowe will be hard to replace.
They will be good but not as good as others may think yeah they have 7 seniors but knox central has 17 and boyle 27 i will be there for the knox game cheerin knox on to victory
10-3. Really???? Who beats them regular season???
If they don't play Alcoa.... 10-0 regular season and 3-0 region. 13-0 facing Boyle or LEx Cath. Anyone see any different don't know football or Bell. If you are counting on a miracle game then OK.
My point exactly. Its gonna be Bell/Boyle again. LexCath lost a bunch of offense and Boyle D comes back pretty good. Just don't see LC getting back this year. Just don't see anyone knocking Boyle or Bell out of the playoffs.
the light wizard Wrote:They will be good but not as good as others may think yeah they have 7 seniors but knox central has 17 and boyle 27 i will be there for the knox game cheerin knox on to victory

Bell has 15 seniors next season they had only 6 last year you got things wrong. Bell will be loaded next season and will beat Knox by at least 3 td's.
:Clap:yeah they might beat them regular seaon but remember 1 year ago when bell barley snuck by central only because monte merrick the only reason and this years football season for central is goin to be even better look for bell and central meet in the regional championchip
the light wizard Wrote::Clap:yeah they might beat them regular seaon but remember 1 year ago when bell barley snuck by central only because monte merrick the only reason and this years football season for central is goin to be even better look for bell and central meet in the regional championchip

Don't see anything like that happening again for some time. Bell will roll over them both times if they play next season.
KC better worry about Lawrence Co. 1st seems to me? They loose some pretty decent lineman just like Bell does.
2011 is what Rock is working for. What will Bell be like in 2011
Knox Central could beat Bell and Lex Cath could beat Boyle and they are good teams but with what Boyle and Bell have coming back, I just don't see 2010 as the year Boyle or Bell get derailed. It's gonna happen, these kinda runs can't last forever but I think it will last at least one more year. But you never know, that's why you play the games.
the light wizard Wrote::Clap:yeah they might beat them regular seaon but remember 1 year ago when bell barley snuck by central only because monte merrick the only reason and this years football season for central is goin to be even better look for bell and central meet in the regional championchip
i agree bell took them lightly in 08 ,but we all saw what happened last year when they took them serious. expect more of the same.
i heard that the team we play in marrions bowl game will be madison central does anybody know if this is true or not?
roll over? no it wont be rolling over with john dudley kicking extra points for u all and lawrence lost there te, wr's, running back and alot of the line
former Wrote:2011 is what Rock is working for. What will Bell be like in 2011

In 2011 Cory Davenport will be a senior, Ryan Collett will be a JR as well as Polly. They will be loaded in the Backfield. With some really good Lineman that will start in 2010 as Jr's and Soph's back as well. They will be pretty good.
belldad2011 Wrote:i heard that the team we play in marrions bowl game will be madison central does anybody know if this is true or not?
Will Bell County be at Camp Feltner with Greenup County, we like your coach and the oppurtunity to play Bell.
old warrior Wrote:Will Bell County be at Camp Feltner with Greenup County, we like your coach and the oppurtunity to play Bell.

Bell goes there every year.
former Wrote:2011 is what Rock is working for. What will Bell be like in 2011
We have to stick to the orginal subject "2010 Bell County", 2011 is next year which is over 250 some days to think about, in the meantime....stick to the current subject and if you want to start a Rockcastle County 2011 thread, that is your freedom but lets not talk about it on a 2010 thread. :Thumbs:Thanks
bell will win state this year
Rock will suprise Bell. We have a better RB than Bell and he will be good for at least 3 td's. Our OL will be better too this year.
former Wrote:Rock will suprise Bell. We have a better RB than Bell and he will be good for at least 3 td's. Our OL will be better too this year.

The same one that was there last year and those 3 td's weren't there what do think will be the difference Bell didn't lose that much at from last years team and I don't see Rock staying within 3 td's and let alone the RB scoring 3.
Amped 88 Wrote:The same one that was there last year and those 3 td's weren't there what do think will be the difference Bell didn't lose that much at from last years team and I don't see Rock staying within 3 td's and let alone the RB scoring 3.

Another year in weight room will make the difference. Plus the OL is all back but 2. Heck the TB is only 15 yrs old, barely.
former Wrote:Another year in weight room will make the difference. Plus the OL is all back but 2. Heck the TB is only 15 yrs old, barely.

The same goes for Bell they have it all back except for a couple of linemen. And what was the score 42 to 6 and 48 to 0 come on get real.:thatsfunn
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7