Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greatest County Songs of the 1990's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is random but what are some of your favorite county songs from the 1990's?
Wild Ones- Waylon Jennings (greatest country artist EVER)
Shameless- Garth Brooks
Carrying Your Love With Me- George Strait
Your gonna miss me when im gone- Brooks and Dunn
Pine Box- Doug Stone
Ill think of something- Mark Chesnutt
The Dance- Garth Brooks
Some gave all- Billy Ray Cyrus
Wish I couldve been there- John Anderson
On the Road- Lee Roy Parnell
Strawberry Wine- Deanna Carter
Simple man- Charlie Daniels
Where the blacktop ends- Keith Urban
Lonely and Gone- Montgomery Gentry
Theres 50 more songs I could name but Ill leave room for everybody else lol
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Wild Ones- Waylon Jennings (greatest country artist EVER)
Shameless- Garth Brooks
Carrying Your Love With Me- George Strait
Your gonna miss me when im gone- Brooks and Dunn
Pine Box- Doug Stone
Ill think of something- Mark Chesnutt
The Dance- Garth Brooks
Some gave all- Billy Ray Cyrus

Wish I couldve been there- John Anderson
On the Road- Lee Roy Parnell
Strawberry Wine- Deanna Carter
Simple man- Charlie Daniels
Where the blacktop ends- Keith Urban
Lonely and Gone- Montgomery Gentry

Theres 50 more songs I could name but Ill leave room for everybody else lol

I have heard and LOVE the ones in bold. I believe that "Shameless" is a very under-rated cover song. Garth did a great job covering that song and making it his own.

You're Gonna Miss Me is one of my top 5 B&D songs ever. Kix Brooks could have sold millions of records on his own and people forget how good his voice is sometimes.

On the Road is a fun song that many people do not know who the artist is. (You and I do Big Grin ) Lee Roy Parnell has a great, unique voice.

When people think of Billy Ray, they think of one, of two, things: Miley Cyrus or Achy Breaky Heart. People often forget about "Some Gave All", "Busy Man", "You Wont Be Lonely Now", and "It Could Have Been Me". Great music.

"Pine Box" is a VERY emotional song, and what many people love about country music, is the emotion people put into their songs.

Good list, let's keep 'em comin'!
Too many to type.

Multiple Garth Brooks and George Strait songs. A few from Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Travis Tritt etc. Great thread, just too many to type for me, lol.
Shew so many. For me, I enjoy any song by George Strait/Brooks&Dunn.
I get carried away is my favorite song by George Strait. For Brooks & Dunn it's either days of thunder/lost and found/that ain't no way to go.
lwc Wrote:I have heard and LOVE the ones in bold. I believe that "Shameless" is a very under-rated cover song. Garth did a great job covering that song and making it his own.

You're Gonna Miss Me is one of my top 5 B&D songs ever. Kix Brooks could have sold millions of records on his own and people forget how good his voice is sometimes.

On the Road is a fun song that many people do not know who the artist is. (You and I do Big Grin ) Lee Roy Parnell has a great, unique voice.

When people think of Billy Ray, they think of one, of two, things: Miley Cyrus or Achy Breaky Heart. People often forget about "Some Gave All", "Busy Man", "You Wont Be Lonely Now", and "It Could Have Been Me". Great music.

"Pine Box" is a VERY emotional song, and what many people love about country music, is the emotion people put into their songs.

Good list, let's keep 'em comin'!
Awesome post my brother from another mother..You are DEAD on about Billy Ray Cyrus and Lee Roy Parnell..Other than Achy Breaky Heart, everything from BRC I listened to was very good stuff. It Couldve Been Me was a GREAT song..I was a big Mark Chesnutt and Doug Stone fan in the 90s, lol..I liked some Clay Walker, Clint Black (Killin Time came out in '89, barely missing this list..or at least I believe it was '89) as well as about 50 other artists, lol..that song "What Mightve Been" from Little Texas was a good song and an even better video..man, the 90s were kind to the country, grunge, rock and even the pop music industries..I also agree, this is a great thread.
Killin Time.....Clint Black
Aslan Wrote:I get carried away is my favorite song by George Strait. For Brooks & Dunn it's either days of thunder/lost and found/that ain't no way to go.

Guys/girls, you all are JUST like me in music! Lost and Found is another GREAT B&R song!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Awesome post my brother from another mother..You are DEAD on about Billy Ray Cyrus and Lee Roy Parnell..Other than Achy Breaky Heart, everything from BRC I listened to was very good stuff. It Couldve Been Me was a GREAT song..I was a big Mark Chesnutt and Doug Stone fan in the 90s, lol..I liked some Clay Walker, Clint Black (Killin Time came out in '89, barely missing this list..or at least I believe it was '89) as well as about 50 other artists, lol..that song "What Mightve Been" from Little Texas was a good song and an even better video..man, the 90s were kind to the country, grunge, rock and even the pop music industries..I also agree, this is a great thread.

SO many GREAT artists got their start in 1989! Wasn't that the year that Clint Black, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks AND Travis Tritt got started? Maybe I heard wrong.
I always enjoyed a little Blackhawk and Sawyer Brown as well as the famous artists listed.
Don't Take the Girl
Indian Outlaw
Tim McGraw
Country in the 90s was alot like Heavy Metal in the 80's. Some timeless music and legendary artists came out in the first half of the decade(ACDC did Back in Black, Judas Priest did British Steel, Iron Maiden, Ozzys early solo stuff with Randy Rhodes, Metallica, etc. etc.) then the hair bands nearly destroyed it in the 2nd half. Same for Country in the 90's. Garth, Travis Tritt, Alan Jackson, Clint Black, Tracey Lawrence, Vince Gill,George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, and Allison Krause among others all at least put out one great album top to bottom in the early to mid nineties. Even Billy Ray Cyrus. When you take away the Achy Breaky he did put out some great songs in the '90s (Case in point: Some Gave All and Trail of Tears) before he decided to unleash his demonic seed on the world named Miley. But just as the Hair Bands undid Metal. The mid to late 90s brought Shania Twain, The Dixie Chicks, Shedaisy, Rascall Flats, Lonestar, and other bands who called themselves country but their hearts were far from it killed that era and IMO Country Music has never fully recovered from it. Heres hoping someday it does and Country (Real Country: Not Hootie or Carrie Underwood) can be cool again.
lwc Wrote:SO many GREAT artists got their start in 1989! Wasn't that the year that Clint Black, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks AND Travis Tritt got started? Maybe I heard wrong.
I believe you are correct, my friend..Im almost definite that all of those artists came out in 1989. Good call, by the way..I also agree with HP, the first half of the 90s brought some awesome country, and then country did what the rock/pop music industry is doing today, bringing us this watered down, everything sounds the same, everybody looks the same, garbage. And still, yeah Carrie is nice to look at, but her, Taylor Swift, Rascall Flatts, and a few others are absolutely KILLING country by having their music played nonstop on CMT, GAC, and every country radio station on earth..But ****, I still miss the Ol' Hoss. I miss Waylon.
Doesn't anybody like Ricky Van Shelton?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I believe you are correct, my friend..Im almost definite that all of those artists came out in 1989. Good call, by the way..I also agree with HP, the first half of the 90s brought some awesome country, and then country did what the rock/pop music industry is doing today, bringing us this watered down, everything sounds the same, everybody looks the same, garbage. And still, yeah Carrie is nice to look at, but her, Taylor Swift, Rascall Flatts, and a few others are absolutely KILLING country by having their music played nonstop on CMT, GAC, and every country radio station on earth..But ****, I still miss the Ol' Hoss. I miss Waylon.
Me too 'Hoss. My location says it all.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Doesn't anybody like Ricky Van Shelton?

I'll Leave This World Loving You
Statue of a Fool
(I am a) Simple Man
Rocking Years (with Dolly Parton)

All of those are great songs that he sang.