Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Co. Central 58 Hazard 57 (14th Region Semi's)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
bulldog149 Wrote:I think Hazard radio mentioned a play where ball went out where it went to Hazard when they thought it should have been Knott Co. I had game on but didn't hear every second. I'm sure there were calls both ways. I don't want to say it is referees fault. Just asking about proper call on interference,if interference kept the basket from going in,whether they should have been awarded basket regardless.
Certainly congradulations to Knott Co. And great effort by Hazard

I didn't think there was interference. I thought he just missed it. I'd like to see a replay to confirm it though.
Aslan Wrote:I didn't think there was interference. I thought he just missed it. I'd like to see a replay to confirm it though.

They could have used instant replay about 3 times in this game remember when Hazard fouled #15 and they were wanting #5 to shot the free throws? Hazrd bench were trying there best to confuse those refs and they didnt need any help, those refs were already confused.
ky wildcats Wrote:They could have used instant replay about 3 times in this game remember when Hazard fouled #15 and they were wanting #5 to shot the free throws? Hazrd bench were trying there best to confuse those refs and they didnt need any help, those refs were already confused.

They really didn't. Stamper clearly was the one fouled. Big Al tried to pull quick one...almost worked.
Wall4president Wrote:Heck of a job by the Patriots and Tate Cox steps up again to show why he is the straw that stirs the drink in the big games. Stamper misses two freebies to give Hazard the chance and they get a wide open layup and blows it, OR DID HE, just saw the replay on Sports Overtime and it looks like someones hand Roberts or Davis is all in the net when the shot goes up and rattles around?????????????????? Probably MIGHT NOT OF had anything to do with the shot coming out, BUT, I would like to see it again in slow mo to make sure the refs didn't miss a BASKET INTERFERENCE CALL..... Anyone else take a look at it and see what you think, a hand in the net or slight grab of the net is definitely basket interference, just a question, really like to see it again. Congrats to Knott good luck with Perry tomorrow. The Bulldogs played a perfect game up until the last shot. Coach Holland is definitely one of the great ones here in the Mountains and all over the state.

I just watched it..There was no hand or hands in that net..If there was I really don't think it would had matterd cause it didn't go that far in the net anyways....It was a tuff miss for the Dogs....I really felt bad bad for that one....But the Patriots move on and hopefully bring the Gold back to Hindman...
I knew it would be close!
And I knew KCC would jerk out the win.
Congrats KCC on a well fought victory.

Now to take the region down Smile
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:I just watched it..There was no hand or hands in that net..If there was I really don't think it would had matterd cause it didn't go that far in the net anyways....It was a tuff miss for the Dogs....I really felt bad bad for that one....But the Patriots move on and hopefully bring the Gold back to Hindman...

They do.:popcorn:
ky wildcats Wrote:They could have used instant replay about 3 times in this game remember when Hazard fouled #15 and they were wanting #5 to shot the free throws? Hazrd bench were trying there best to confuse those refs and they didnt need any help, those refs were already confused.

Fact is there is not reply in high school sports and even if there was I think it would show there was absolutley no basket interference. The kid missed the shot plan and simple. This crew of refs did a great job on this game IMO. they came together a couple of times to make sure they got the call correct once on an out of bounds call in the first half and on who should shoot the free throws at the end of the game. #5 was down there in the mix of that play but # 15 clearly was the one with the ball and the one fouled. They got it right. The kids played an awesome game on both sides. The refs let them play, kept the game under control and had no influence on the outcome of the game. The coaches were both gentlemen and did a great job with there teams. It was a great basketball game.....leave it alone.
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:I just watched it..There was no hand or hands in that net..If there was I really don't think it would had matterd cause it didn't go that far in the net anyways.......

Don't know what replay you were watching, there was definitely a hand in the net, and the hand does not have to even touch the ball or the rim, all it has to do is TOUCH THE NET and interference can be called, which it definitely was. Like someone else has already mentioned, it was called in last years PCC/Haz game and this one was by far worse than what that call was made on. So with that said, the proper call....... BASKET INTERFERENCE ON THE LAYUP THAT RATTLES OUT, because you can't determine if hitting/slapping the net had anything to do with the shot, so BASKET SHOULD OF COUNTED DUE TO INTERFERENCE, and the Bulldogs should be playing for the 14th Region Title tonight. :devilflam
Aslan Wrote:I didn't think there was interference. I thought he just missed it. I'd like to see a replay to confirm it though.

Blah blah blah.
14thregionref Wrote:Don't know what replay you were watching, there was definitely a hand in the net, and the hand does not have to even touch the ball or the rim, all it has to do is TOUCH THE NET and interference can be called, which it definitely was. Like someone else has already mentioned, it was called in last years PCC/Haz game and this one was by far worse than what that call was made on. So with that said, the proper call....... BASKET INTERFERENCE ON THE LAYUP THAT RATTLES OUT, because you can't determine if hitting/slapping the net had anything to do with the shot, so BASKET SHOULD OF COUNTED DUE TO INTERFERENCE, and the Bulldogs should be playing for the 14th Region Title tonight. :devilflam

But their not.
Ballers Wrote:Blah blah blah.

I guess you didn't read my posts. I said I thought he just missed and there were no interference it but it would be nice to have replay to be 100% sure. In real time, it looked like he just missed it.
14thregionref Wrote:Don't know what replay you were watching, there was definitely a hand in the net, and the hand does not have to even touch the ball or the rim, all it has to do is TOUCH THE NET and interference can be called, which it definitely was. Like someone else has already mentioned, it was called in last years PCC/Haz game and this one was by far worse than what that call was made on. So with that said, the proper call....... BASKET INTERFERENCE ON THE LAYUP THAT RATTLES OUT, because you can't determine if hitting/slapping the net had anything to do with the shot, so BASKET SHOULD OF COUNTED DUE TO INTERFERENCE, and the Bulldogs should be playing for the 14th Region Title tonight. :devilflam

Well mr ref who was the intreference on? Could have been a Hazard player?
Quite obvious you wanted Hazard to win! So how many games did you call for them this season?
Captain Crook Wrote:Well mr ref who was the intreference on? Could have been a Hazard player?
Quite obvious you wanted Hazard to win! So how many games did you call for them this season?

For your information, it was Roberts in the net, and didn't really care who won the game, just wanted everyone to know that there was a call that COULD OF BEEN MADE, but wasn't. And as for how many games I called for them this year, plenty from the stands, but that goes for a lot of other teams as well, Knott, Perry, ETC.... Where ever the big game was that night! :Thumbs:

And will be refereeing another one tonight down at Breathitt. Just like a lot of other refs in the stands from Knott and Perry. :popcorn:
fanatic11 Wrote:Give some examples.

ky wildcats Wrote:I disagree i thought Hazard was favored more by 2 out of 3 refs the short one and the one with the big belly was favoring Hazard. Any time they touched #13 for Hazard they were fouls and #24 for Knott got no bump calls driving and also the out of bound call on #24 in the 2nd half he was cleary in bounds. Very good game Coach Fraley was the best coach tonight he called some time-outs and game out with some very good sets. 14th region has some good teams KCC PCC and Hazard i think the 14 th region is better than the 15 and 16th regions

Are you kidding me? How many times did #24 drive to the bucket and get cheap fouls called? There was a lot of those that were no contact. It happened quite a few times. Also the walking call on Hazard's big man wasn't a walk. I also saw a lot of cheap fouls throughout the game. They def. didn't favor Hazard more tonight, I don't know how you guys see that.
As for the replay of what happened, you can go on WYMT's website and watch the replay of that was seen on the sports last night. It clearly shows the nets swinging while the shot was being made, so there had to be some sort of interference. The nets don't swing unless someone or something hits them.
Great game !! My team just came up a little short but good sportsmanship on both sides. Would have loved to see my Dawgs win but congrats to KCC and GOOD LUCK against pcc !!!
Great game!
Me being a Perry fan, I would never imagine me cheering for Hazard in a game....
but the way Whitaker took that teams season into his own hands there was no way you could cheer against him.
He had to go to the back for a minute in the 2nd and got in for 26 seconds of defense and managed to get a steal and a layup.....that's determination.
Even though they came up short on the last play, he did everything perfect. Congrats on a great carreer Josh.
Cox played great as usual and hit the final go ahead bucket.
Stamper was lights out with the exception of the free throws.
but Ratliff had a few chippy little baskets that I think made a big difference in this one.
ONE FOR THE AGES!
Brian Milam Wrote:We just watched it again in sports...if last year's call (Haz-PCC) was made...this one was much closer!!! Either way, I am not trying to cause or add to any conspiracy theories, but the hand was in the basket. Congrats to KCC and to Hazard for a great effort.

I have always had great respect for you, but in this post I am very disappointed. :dontthink:dontthink You, being Brian Milam, and at least giving the appearance of representing WYMT, should not get on here and post something like this unless you are willing to sit down and watch the entire game over again and point out every questionable call. There were bad calls and missed calls all over the place, all night long. It's not fair to KCC for you, a representative of the media, to give the impression that Hazard deserved to win this game and the refs took it by this one call. You, and if you were posting as a representative of WYMT then them also, owe KCC an apology. For kids to get on here and run their mouths is one thing, but for those who are in positions of authority and influence to do it is something totally different.
also...
IMO the officiating was fine.
They didn't let the kids play, but they were consistent with that style all night.
Last call of the game is a tough call to make....
I don't think I would call interference unless it was a blatent goaltend on a last second shot like that.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I have always had great respect for you, but in this post I am very disappointed. :dontthink:dontthink You, being Brian Milam, and at least giving the appearance of representing WYMT, should not get on here and post something like this unless you are willing to sit down and watch the entire game over again and point out every questionable call. There were bad calls and missed calls all over the place, all night long. It's not fair to KCC for you, a representative of the media, to give the impression that Hazard deserved to win this game and the refs took it by this one call. You, and if you were posting as a representative of WYMT then them also, owe KCC an apology. For kids to get on here and run their mouths is one thing, but for those who are in positions of authority and influence to do it is something totally different.

God shut up.
zaga_fan Wrote:also...
IMO the officiating was fine.
They didn't let the kids play, but they were consistent with that style all night.
Last call of the game is a tough call to make....
I don't think I would call interference unless it was a blatent goaltend on a last second shot like that.

I agree. The swinging of the net would not make a ****
if the ball goes in or out of the basket.
1) Rule 4-6, Art. 1, page 29....."Basket interference occurs when a player touches the ball or any part of the basket (including the net) while the ball is on or within either basket."
"When a basket interference violation is called against the defending team, the shooting team is awarded the points for the field goal as if it had been made."

This image I have posted below clearly shows that while the ball is on the rim, the net is being touched. This combined with the rule above has to show basket interference. Now as an impartial viewer, doing my own research, that is basket interference and Hazard should have been awarded 2 points. One simply cannot argue this evidence. I have no dog in this fight, but the officials missed the call.

[Image: 2mdmpu0.jpg]
Plenty of calls that couldve went both ways. Congrats kcc.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I have always had great respect for you, but in this post I am very disappointed. :dontthink:dontthink You, being Brian Milam, and at least giving the appearance of representing WYMT, should not get on here and post something like this unless you are willing to sit down and watch the entire game over again and point out every questionable call. There were bad calls and missed calls all over the place, all night long. It's not fair to KCC for you, a representative of the media, to give the impression that Hazard deserved to win this game and the refs took it by this one call. You, and if you were posting as a representative of WYMT then them also, owe KCC an apology. For kids to get on here and run their mouths is one thing, but for those who are in positions of authority and influence to do it is something totally different.

Seriously, what in the world did he say wrong? He just said it was possible, not like he said that Hazard should of won like you are saying he did. Just compared it to last years call and he is telling the truth, it's worse this year and it wasn't called.
Just in case you missed this post above that states the rule for this, you might want to read it again....

Nothing you can say as a Knott County fan to refute the evidence no matter what was called the whole game, I would have to agree with others and say this was a missed call after further review of the replay. Who was that in the Net Davis?? who is #21?
^^Roberts.
Panther Thunder Wrote:1) Rule 4-6, Art. 1, page 29....."Basket interference occurs when a player touches the ball or any part of the basket (including the net) while the ball is on or within either basket."
"When a basket interference violation is called against the defending team, the shooting team is awarded the points for the field goal as if it had been made."

This image I have posted below clearly shows that while the ball is on the rim, the net is being touched. This combined with the rule above has to show basket interference. Now as an impartial viewer, doing my own research, that is basket interference and Hazard should have been awarded 2 points. One simply cannot argue this evidence. I have no dog in this fight, but the officials missed the call.

[Image: 2mdmpu0.jpg]

I retract my earlier statement. It was definitely a missed call. Hazard should have been rewarded the basket and the win.
I tried viewing your picture and it don't show up.
Ballers Wrote:I tried viewing your picture and it don't show up.
Hmm, It should show up in the thread. Here is a direct link to tinypic, maybe that will help:

http://tinypic.com/r/2mdmpu0/6
Aslan Wrote:I retract my earlier statement. It was definitely a missed call. Hazard should have been rewarded the basket and the win.

Too close of a game to get a call like that don't you think?
Ballers Wrote:Too close of a game to get a call like that don't you think?
Some may argue that it was a violation of the rules and should be called as in any other situation. I'm on the fence, but the big thing is Hazard is at home because of a no call and if it was called Knott County is at home because of a called made within the rules of the game. Hazard is the team being done unfairly which is why I lean to the side that it should have been called even in that situation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5