Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 64 Lawrence County 58 (15th Region Semi's)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from the EKY Expo Center in Pikeville.

Casey Adkins has a big game for BL.

Betsy Layne will face the winner of the Shelby Valley/Belfry game tomorrow night at 7 PM.

Congrats Bobcats!!!
Congratulations to the bobcats of Betsy Layne on advancing to the championship game.
Sounds like this one was a good game they way they called it on WPRG. Grats Bobcats and GL against the winner of SV/Belfry tomorrow night.
i got that one right way to go BL
Congrats to Betsy Layne, they have reached the finals of the 15th Region Tournament for the first time since 1986. Feel-good story of the year has been the turnaround at Betsy Layne under Junior Newsome; no matter what happens tomorrow night.
Congrats to BL! They played a GREAT game. Shot 75% from the field in the 2nd half!

Newsome (?) #44 had a great dunk in the first half too.

The better team won and tonight BL was simply the better team.

Congrats LC on another good season.
Betsy Layne 64 Lawrence Co. 58

Betsy Layne 10 11 19 24 64

Lawrence Co. 18 7 13 20 58

15th Region at East Ky. Expo Center, Pikeville

Betsy Layne (20-6)-- Martin 7, B.Adkins 10, C.Adkins 16, Newman 16, Howell 7, Johnson 4, Stumbo 4.

Lawrence Co. (21-7)-- Skaggs 24, Baldwin 8, Bradley 6, Frasher 11, Adkins 3, West 3, Marcum 3.
Congrats !! to Betsy Layne and good to see an Floyd County team back in the regional title game.
great win bobcats!!!!!! Newman and Adkins both had 16 each and newman had an outstanding left hand dunk. way to go to all the bobcats!!!!!!!
Congrats Bobcats!
Congratulations Bobcats on a great win tonight.
Congrats to the Bobcats... Great over a good LC team...
Skaggs came out and was dominating, hardly ever missing a shot during the first quarter. Then Betsy Layne came out in the second quarter and Newman threw one down and from that point on. I believe Betsy Layne seemed to keep the momentum and was able to get the win in a great battle.
Both teams had 20 win seasons already, congrats Betsy Layne on the win today!
worst refs I've even seen.
Real impressed by the support from all the other teams in Floyd county supporting the Bobcats, Congrats to all.
The refs had no play either way. The only problem I had was the double technical. I have seen more contact on Monday Night Raw than what was there. Let them play. Congrats to both teams.
I must say Newman's throwdown was the highlight of my night! He posterized him!!!!
"You gotta get up to get down!"
bucslover68 Wrote:The refs had no play either way. The only problem I had was the double technical. I have seen more contact on Monday Night Raw than what was there. Let them play. Congrats to both teams.

I think these officials have to be coming close (if not already) set a record for technicals called in one regional tournament.
Wow, sounds like this was quite a game. I would say this has to be considered a slight upset. However, of all the 15th region teams, BL played Shelby Valley the closest, so maybe it is fitting that they are the last team standing in their way.

Congrats Betsy Layne!
MisterPerfect Wrote:Skaggs came out and was dominating, hardly ever missing a shot during the first quarter. Then Betsy Layne came out in the second quarter and Newman threw one down and from that point on. I believe Betsy Layne seemed to keep the momentum and was able to get the win in a great battle.

I wonder if that is any kin to Ricky Skaggs???
[html]orginal post by: LCDAWG:
Newsome (?) #44 had a great dunk in the first half too[/html]

NEWMAN is his name...and it was a GREAT dunk... left handed dunk..is this kid left handed?? he dunked lefted hand, but shot right handed... very very talented young man... CONGRATS to the bobcats...and CONGRATS to C. ADKINS.... play hard against valley..anything could happen!!!!
set09 Wrote:[html]orginal post by: LCDAWG:
Newsome (?) #44 had a great dunk in the first half too[/html]

NEWMAN is his name...and it was a GREAT dunk... left handed dunk..is this kid left handed?? he dunked lefted hand, but shot right handed... very very talented young man... CONGRATS to the bobcats...and CONGRATS to C. ADKINS.... play hard against valley..anything could happen!!!!

No he's right handed, but very talented/good with his left hand. The best I've seen using his off hand, in the region. He dunks better with his left than his right though.......I'm not sure I've seen him dunk with his right hand?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:No he's right handed, but very talented/good with his left hand. The best I've seen using his off hand, in the region. He dunks better with his left than his right though.......I'm not sure I've seen him dunk with his right hand?

He was going in from the left side, he should have been using his left hand. :biggrin:
LCDawg Wrote:He was going in from the left side, he should have been using his left hand. :biggrin:
and??????? :confused:
Actually, if you'll watch guys that dunk, when coming in from the left side they dunk with their right hand dunking across the front of the rim. (It's easier). Then vice versa on the other side.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:and??????? :confused:

I was just joking. :biggrin:

You know if you do a layup from the left side, you should always use your left hand??? Anyone that's ever played any basketball surely has been told that.
we clearly understand that you are suppose to use your left hand with a left handed layup.. but this NEWMAN kid came in front the left side, over to defenders, switched hands in mid air and slammed it LEFT HANDED.. i watched the VALLEY vs. BELFRY game and watched hatifeld dunk it...he came in on the left side, but switched to his right hand....
most dunks you see in this 15th region are dunks when the players are by themselves...ya know on a steal or something... NEWMAN's dunk was over 2 defenders...it was by far the best i have seen in this region... i was truely impressed!!! what grade is he in???
Pages: 1 2