Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mr. Basketball a 2 horse race?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Justice or Sewell
I'll take Justice because he does more and means more to his team.
Either one is a special player, but I would have to give my vote to Sewell.
Ill take Sewell, He played by far better players and teams. Overall just a better player!!
I respect your opinion
I'll take EJ.
The guy that set the state record in steals and is still playing in the state tournament, Elisha Justice!
He wont win it but Watts at McCreary Central is the best I have seen play this year.
I hope Elisha wins it. Really fun to watch him play and a great kid also.
Elisha Justice hands down!!:rockon:
i hope he wins it for eastern kentucky for i dont see it happening
Ricardo is probably out of the picture now. Chad Jackson could sneak in if Scott Co goes all the way and he puts up big numbers.

I think Sewell wins unless Shelby Valley gets to state finals and Justice has a huge tourney, just due to the incredible regular season that Sewell and Trinity had.
I watched Trinity play a couple times last year. But, can't remember which # Sewell is. Can anyone help me out?
Sewell is #23.
I think the ball is in Justice and Co. court right now. The further they go, the more he secures the #1 jersey and Mr. Basketball award.

With all the other candidates falling off, he is in good shape to win it. Scott Co. has some candidates still left, but they will split votes.

The longer the season continues, the longer coaches have to forget about what Sewell did during the regular season. Him not winning any post season championships ever is going to hurt Sewell's chances as well.
What impresses me with EJ, is he had 14 points the other night in the 1st quarter against Pburg. He spent the rest of the game getting his team involved. He is very unselfish and he finished the game with 17 points, when he could of easily had 30.

Not to mention the hard nosed D he plays.
There is no other player in the state that plays as hard on both ends as EJ.

Good luck buddy in everything that you do.
2010 Kentucky Mr. Basketball Candidate Elisha Justice Media Brochures

I was forwarded these by a friend of one of SV's coaches. These brochures were sent via hard copy and email by Shelby Valley to every media outlet and head coach in the state.

A lot of great accomplishments listed. Hopefully, Justice and Co. can keep them coming in.
TrinitySID Wrote:Sewell is #23.

Justice definitely has the BIGGER trophies of the two, lol!!!
If Elisha can go down state and look "good" it's his. Two of the main contenders to win it will be sitting at home and Elisha can shine alone. Come on E, bring the trophy back to the mountains.
i have been around elisha jus bout my whole life.. n ive had the priviledge to play ball with him since i was in grade school.. n i think E means more to valley more than ne player ive seen this year.. n w/ 2 of the better schools bein out already..Valley has a real good chance of being the first team to win an all "A" state championship and a sweet 16 championship. that being if they win their region.. n i think if E shows up n plays his best hes got a real good shot a being mr. basketball (which i hope he does).. n E u deserve everything u get in ur life.. love ya bro..
Sewell had a better regular season against better competition but Justice could put up big numbers at Rupp and win the award.

Don't count Chad Jackson out though. Or Chiles/Jones from Ballard. All three are putting up similar numbers to EJ and if either of those two teams wins the state tournament, the award is one of theirs.

Let's not forget Domonic Tilford was in the same position as those three as darkhorses in 2006 but led his team to a state title and won the award.
Justice is a great player I have seen him play on a couple of occasions, and I was really impressed with the way he runs the team and gets everyone else involved. A true point guard is hard to come by these days.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Let's not forget Domonic Tilford was in the same position as those three as darkhorses in 2006 but led his team to a state title and won the award.

Tilford didn't win the state title, nor did he advance to state tournament. He won it in 2005. J'Town won title in 2006.
TrinitySID Wrote:Tilford didn't win the state title, nor did he advance to state tournament. He won it in 2005. J'Town won title in 2006.

Thanks...I wasn't sure if he won it in 05 or 06.

I guess you could say Sewell is in the same boat as Tilford then, having a great regular season but not advancing to Rupp.