Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holmes v Newport Predictions 3/7 (9th Region Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dogs v Cats: Round III. This time though, it's for the right to head to Rupp as 9th region champs.

Holmes (25-5) beat Boone Co 53-44 in the semi's and will come in sporting a 12 game win streak.

Newport (28-5) beat Covcath 59-48 in the semi's and have won 11 of their last 12.

Previous Meetings:

@ Holmes- Holmes 59 Newport 41
@ Lloyd- Holmes 61 Newport 51

Can Holmes win their FOURTH straight 9th region championship?
Can Newport finally get over the hump and knock the Dogs off?
Thoughts?
Tip is today (Sunday) at 3 and I'll be doing live updates of the game on here from press row at BOKC.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Tip is today (Sunday) at 3 and I'll be doing live updates of the game on here from press row at BOKC.

:thanks:
I'll be right across from ya. :1:
Bulldogs by 10 :flame: Newport has no point guard play :igiveup:

:1:
how much are tickets...and i think Holmes is going to win their 4th but i always root for the underdog so i will root for newport
I can't see Holmes being denyed the right to go to Rupp.
I'll take them by double digits.
Peacedomes85 Wrote:how much are tickets...and i think Holmes is going to win their 4th but i always root for the underdog so i will root for newport

:thatsfunn

:please:

:flush:
8 Dollars :popcorn:
Holmes in this one

Holmes-61
Newport-48
Dawg 81 Wrote::thatsfunn

:please:

:flush:
what was that supposed to mean?!?
The dynasty continues and Holmes 4peats this after noon.

I just can't see the big 3 being denied a trip to Rupp their senior year.

Holmes depth and Pittman should be the difference. Newport only goes 6 deep while Holmes can go 9 deep. Depth will be key in today's game.

Overall, Newport just doesn't match up well with Holmes outside of Luther and Foster.

Holmes by around 10...give or take a few.
Match ups:

5'10 Herndon v 5'10 Sizemore
6'3 Slusher v 6'2 Luther
6'5 R. Johnson v 6'3 Foster
6'5 J. Johnson v 6'3 McDaniel
6'8 Pittman v 6'4 Collins
Newport by 26
kywldcat01 Wrote:The dynasty continues and Holmes 4peats this after noon.

Holmes depth and Pittman should be the difference. Newport only goes 6 deep while Holmes can go 9 deep. Depth will be key in today's game.

Overall, Newport just doesn't match up well with Holmes outside of Luther and Foster.

You, my friend, should think a little more before you post. NEXT!!!
kywldcat01 Wrote:The dynasty continues and Holmes 4peats this after noon.

Boy you nailed this one.:thatsfunn