Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott Co. 69 Tates Creek 58 (11th Region Semi-Final)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Another big region win, congrats!
Scott County will obviously be a tough out for anybody. Are they now the favorite to win it all?
Westside Wrote:Scott County will obviously be a tough out for anybody. Are they now the favorite to win it all?

There is no clear cut favorite to win it all. Kentucky has a boat load of real good teams this year but no great teams.
Congrats Scott Co. :Thumbs:
rojas Wrote:There is no clear cut favorite to win it all. Kentucky has a boat load of real good teams this year but no great teams.

Exactly, there isn't really one team that you can bet the farm on and if they make it to RUPP their chances of winning it will be like anyone elses there, about a 1 in 16 shot at it.
justabballfan Wrote:Exactly, there isn't really one team that you can bet the farm on and if they make it to RUPP their chances of winning it will be like anyone elses there, about a 1 in 16 shot at it.

I wouldn't go quite that far. There will be some teams in the Sweet 16 with little or no chance of winning it all. But then again, who would have thought Central had a legit shot at winning it all last year?
The Tates Creek vs Scott Co semi-final game keep my heart pounding long after the final horn blew. This was a battle among two very good teams and two great Kentucky high school coaches. It was also a battle of contrasting styles. Scott County continued to try to speed the game up by pressing, trapping, and running. Tates Creek on the other hand stayed packed in a tight 3-2 zone and was fairly deliberate on offense.

The score was tied after 1 quarter. SC opened the 2nd quarter with three reserves (Shu, Shotwell, Ivey) along with Guyn and Jackson. In the next 5 minutes SC extended their lead to 10 by creating turnovers and converting them to baskets. In my opinion, this 5 minute stretch was the difference in the game.

Tates Creek had a great year and will be the preseason co-favorite, along with Lex Cath next year. Scott County has another tough one in the finals with Lafayette. The Lafayette game will be much different. Lafayette will run with Scott Co at every opportunity.

The 11th region, like the 7th, is brutal. Scott Co, Lexington Catholic, Lafayette, and Tates Creek would all be the favorite to win about 80% of the regions in the state.
Before it's over, a guy from SE KY (Billy Hicks) will be the all-time leader in coaching victories.
who does scott play in the final??
Dungy Wrote:Before it's over, a guy from SE KY (Billy Hicks) will be the all-time leader in coaching victories.

I think right now the all time leaders are:

1. William Kean 856 wins (Central) 36 years
2. Bobby Keith 767 wins (Clay County) 29 years
3. Pearl Combs 761 wins (Vicco, Hindman) 42 years
4. Billy Hicks 752 wins (Evarts, Harlan, Corbin, Scott County) 29 years

So three of the top four are from SE KY.
Congrats SC.