Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: But Can You Hear This?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a pretty interesting test that lets you see how much of a toll loud music and aging have taken on your hearing. I am 52 and I can no longer hear the 15 kz sound. If you are a teenager, you can probably hear 18 kz or above.

I knew that some teens install ringtones that their teachers can't hear but I recently read about high pitched devices that store owners use to discourage teens from loitering in their stores and parking lots. I guess that super-hearing is a double-edged sword.:biggrin:

But Can You Here This?
I can hear upto the 18 kz but nothing after that.
I can hear up to 19 kz
I herd them all lol.
i can hear up to 19 lmao
I got to 16...lol
18 lol.
Sheeesh, Cant hear anything past 12kz.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Sheeesh, Cant hear anything past 12kz.
LOL, You got me beat. All I can hear is 8 and 10.
TheRealVille Wrote:LOL, You got me beat. All I can hear is 8 and 10.

If it makes you feel any better, I talked myself into believing that I can hear 12. :biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I talked myself into believing that I can hear 12. :biggrin:

:Thumbs:

Lol.
I had to crank up the volume to hear 14 khz. I have never liked loud music and worked in noisy environments for less than a year (underground coal mines and preparation plants), so you can bet that your ability to hear high pitches will decline with age.
Hear what?
15 was the last one I heard.

Gonna do this on my laptop tonight to mess with my kids and my dogs!! Should be fun...LOL!!!
Aw, the last one I heard was 14! I brought a co-worker (younger) in to listen to make sure something was really playing. She heard up to 17. Sad
I did it with earphones in as to not bother my sleeping roommate and dog but with the volume turned way down below a normal listening level. 22kHz was the only one that I could not hear but had I not had earphones in and was listening only through the laptop speakers then I think 19kHz would have been the last one I heard.
15 for me
Been around loud nosie most of my life, older man, computer with ext. speakers with eleven levels of volume, I can put the volume sector on five an half and hear all of them. I really don't see how, but I can.
haha. i thought i was deaf. then i realized my speakers were turned off lol. but i can hear them all