Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brandon Knight to Kentucky (RUMOR)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Fox Sports affiliated site, Sparty and Friends, had a post this evening reporting that word tonight around Florida is that Top 5 recruit and #1 Point Guard in the 2010 Class, Brandon Knight, will announce his intentions to play for the University of Kentucky within the next week. Posted below is the actual article from the site.

"In a move that will almost assure that he continues his recent streak of great point guards, rumors are flying that Brandon Knight will officially announce his commitment to the University of Kentucky and John Calipari next week. Knight has been rumored to be influenced by William Wesley who has long been tied to John Calipari and past recruits like DaJuan Wagner and Derrick Rose.
Brandon Knight is the nation’s top recruit according to Rivals.com, the Gatorade National Player of the Year, and averaging 31.8 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists and three steals at the Pine Crest School in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. And those looking at him as another kid just using college to skip to the NBA? He’s maintained a 4.3 GPA, while taking Pine Crest, a school that has had zero basketball success to the state finals.
In other news, Florida was really banking their recruiting class on this kid, leaving Gator fans lost in a sea of madness looking for a new hope to rescue the former Championship program.
Hard to argue with Cal’s result though. Rose and Tyreke Evans were both top draft picks after one year of school, and John Wall is sure to follow."

I just got this link off facebook, and its not official, but they say he will commit to UK next week.

This is off a Florida based website.
Isn't this ever so lovely news. Smile
It is..LOL #1 recruiting class again, sounds like
LClion4life Wrote:Isn't this ever so lovely news. Smile

Indeed it is my friend, indeed it is.:Thumbs:
My day just keeps getting better and better lol. This is great news
Rivals.com has Knight wanting to stay in state, ill try and find the link and story to it
I'm pretty sure this is just a rumor right now.
If true, this would make this class leap by a long shot. I think that yesterday there was a rumor that he wanted to stay in Florida, but then this comes out. Either way, it is going to be a very interesting week to see how Knight's decision goes. I cant not wait to see this play out. Begin it with Knight, and then Leslie, and then Kanter, and finish the class out with Jones!!! That is a number 1 class.
^ I agree. I heard this same thing last night
O would be surprised if Knight was anywhere but Uk next season
I can see Knight staying in Florida but really wanting to see him in a Kentucky uniform next year.
Does Kenny Boynton plan on leaving Florida? Why else would Knight even think of going to UF if Boynton isn't leaving?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Does Kenny Boynton plan on leaving Florida? Why else would Knight even think of going to UF if Boynton isn't leaving?
I though knight was a better player than that...Guess if he couldnt start over boynton he isnt that good anyway
PC boynton and knight in the frontcourt would be a treat also i think..Sure walker is a decent shooter who could come off the bench
theVILLE Wrote:PC boynton and knight in the frontcourt would be a treat also i think..Sure walker is a decent shooter who could come off the bench

Knight and Boynton a treat, Knight and Bledsoe would be National Title material.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Knight and Boynton a treat, Knight and Bledsoe would be National Title material.

Good post! They would, but you have to respect him wanting to stay closer to home...theVILLE is just wanting him to go elsewhere
SPARTY Wrote:Good post! They would, but you have to respect him wanting to stay closer to home...theVILLE is just wanting him to go elsewhere

Agree and disagree! I agree to respect him staying closer to home, but I could care less were he went! TO be honest about it i hope he does come to UK! They will need another great recruiting class....They had so much talent this season that they will loose alot
I really think that UK will pull in Knight, from most indications he really likes the fact of Cal molding star point guards. I cant wait to see what his decision is.
I think he will be at uk but at the same time he talks about staying in Florida??never know...Billy D has a great guard coming in year after next, Austin Rivers, in who i think will be top 3 guard of the deacde if not the top!
^ exactly.
He may not be John Wall but he'll definitely compliment Bledsoe nicely and we could use his shooting. If you're a shooter, like Knight is why would you not come to Kentucky because we need a consistent one.
Brandon has NOT committed to UK or any school yet, according to his dad, he will probably make a decision in the next couple of weeks

There are rumors that Brandon Knight has decided he will go to the University of Kentucky. This is on Zagsblog.com:

Despite rumors that Brandon Knight has committed to Kentucky, his father says there is no truth to it.
‘No, no he hasn’t committed to Kentucky,” Efrem Knight said Sunday afternoon by phone. “Everything’s still the same.”
Asked when Brandon might make a decision, Efrem said, “Probably in a couple of weeks.”
The 6-foot-4 Knight lists Florida, Kentucky, Kansas, UConn, and Miami as his final five.
One assistant coach of a school recruiting Knight told me that, “They [Kentucky] are leading.”

I really think the Cats get Knight, no matter what people say. He will be a perfect fit after Wall leaves. Also Zagoria spoke of another recruit at the Florida game.

Michael Gilchrist, the 6-7 junior wing from Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick ranked No. 1 in his class, attended the Florida-Kentucky game Saturday.
Gilchrist’s season ended prematurely when St. Patrick was banned from the New Jersey state tournament because head coach Kevin Boyle admitted to holding six out-of-season practices.

Get used to it Kentucky fans. Cal develops, they get drafted, the Cats reload. As long as we are contending for championships I don't care how long they stay as long as someone replaces them.

http://www.nationofblue.com/knight-not-y...later-535/
^ One thing Im relieved for, is to be relaxed about recruiting. As we have seen from these articles and news sources, rumors are coming and going but Cal is confident Im sure. I trust in the Gatherer.
I like cal as a recruiter but the kids keeps talking about staying in florida and he has to florida schools on his list...Is this normal to have 4 or 5 schools on the radar at this time...The only thing i see wrong about Cal recruiting is you never get expierence! But talent is better than expierence SOMETIMES!