Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Shelby Valley (03/08/10) 15th Region Semi finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shelby Valley advance with a win over Prestonburg
Belfry advance with a win over Sheldon Clark

Both teams will meet during the semi's Monday.
Predictions?
Valley wins this one...probably the same outcome of the the p-burg game.
Should be considerably closer this time around, with SV winning!
Belfry will battle hard and if they hold the turnovers down........they may keep it about 80-50. Good Luck to both teams. I will give my good buddy Joe Kinzer a little bit of credit. He said at the beginning of the year that his final four in the 15th would be Belfry, SV, LC, and Johnson Central. 3 out of 4 isn't too bad.
If I was Belfrys head coach I would show my team the 1985 NCAA Championship game between GEORGETOWN and VILLANOVA. In other words David and Goliath. Dont say it cant be done because there is a reason u play the game, just like the game of life NO GUARNTEES BABY!!!!
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry will battle hard and if they hold the turnovers down........they may keep it about 80-50. Good Luck to both teams. I will give my good buddy Joe Kinzer a little bit of credit. He said at the beginning of the year that his final four in the 15th would be Belfry, SV, LC, and Johnson Central. 3 out of 4 isn't too bad.

Those 4 was clearly the best teams, JC just self-destructed........

Good luck to both teams.
SV by 10+ :Thumbs:
Hard not to pick Shelby Valley in this one or in the region for that matter.
Tough to predict this one:eyeroll:

Lets see..

Shelby Valley beat Belfry the last time they played by 45.

I predict a Shelby Valley win by 50 this time.

This has to be the most lopsided Regional Semi-Final in the state!
Shelby Valley by 25
This one will get ugly quick. I think that they can maybe hang with Valley for a quarter, or maybe a half of a quarter but they are not getting any closer than the first minutes. I will take Valley by about 40. It could be more if they want it to be. EJ should have a great game and will drop around 25.
goodguy Wrote:Tough to predict this one:eyeroll:

Lets see..

Shelby Valley beat Belfry the last time they played by 45.

I predict a Shelby Valley win by 50 this time.

This has to be the most lopsided Regional Semi-Final in the state!

I would have to agree with that part!
Belfry is the 2nd best team in the region......................
NEXT Wrote:Belfry is the 2nd best team in the region......................

I thought that most people believes that it is LC by a long shot. Either way, I do not think it will be much of a game.
Interested to see the stats after this game. Look for poor shooting and lot 's of Turnovers by Belfry.

Good luck to both teams
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I thought that most people believes that it is LC by a long shot. Either way, I do not think it will be much of a game.

Honestly after watching both, Belfry is better than LC and its not even really close.
Will this game be the first game or the second game on Monday?
A few weeks ago people said that Pikeville was the 2nd best team in the region and SV beat them by 39. I agree you must play the game but watching SV play I really dont see anyone beating them in the region. Nothing against the other teams but you dont see a team like that every year. They can beat you and not even play good on the offense end because they can shut you down on the defensive end and to me that makes for a hard team to beat. Good luck to both teams either way.
Shelby Valley is the team to beat and really after watching the region for awhile, Looks like Valley will make a strong run to the State title.

Doesn't really matter who is the second best team.

The question is, when will the 15th region be in consideration of running for a state title again
SV and Belfry will be the second game! Good luck to both teams! May God keep our boys injury free, help our fans show good sportsmanship and help the refs call fair! May everything be for His glory!
BondJamesBond Wrote:Shelby Valley is the team to beat and really after watching the region for awhile, Looks like Valley will make a strong run to the State title.

Doesn't really matter who is the second best team.

The question is, when will the 15th region be in consideration of running for a state title again

In all honesty SV, Johnson Central will have a chance in the next few years because they have SIZE and solid basketball players...........
Valley by 30.
Sv 82-57
NEXT Wrote:In all honesty SV, Johnson Central will have a chance in the next few years because they have SIZE and solid basketball players...........
I agree,when a team ( Shelby Valley) rocks everybody in their region by 30+ all year long they have to be the team to beat. Shelby Valley really has been handing out whippings in the 15th region for 2 or 3 years now. No doubt they will make a run for the State title and who knows maybe even bring the title back home with them. I also agree that Shelby Valley and JC look really good for the future as well.
mama cat Wrote:SV and Belfry will be the second game! Good luck to both teams! May God keep our boys injury free, help our fans show good sportsmanship and help the refs call fair! May everything be for His glory!

i second that especially the last part
i am all about going for my pirates in everything,but have to go with sv by atleast 20,hope i am wrong
mama cat Wrote:SV and Belfry will be the second game! Good luck to both teams! May God keep our boys injury free, help our fans show good sportsmanship and help the refs call fair! May everything be for His glory!
Great message Mama Cat!
I support the pirates 1oo% but sv will win this matchup.sure do hope bucs prove me wrong.
NEXT Wrote:Belfry is the 2nd best team in the region......................

NEXT Wrote:Honestly after watching both, Belfry is better than LC and its not even really close.

I don't see how you can say Belfry is the second best team in the region. Myself, I would put them no higher than 5th at best. SV, Lawrence, Betsy Layne, and Pikeville were all better than Belfry this year.

Belfry did not have any wins to support ranking them that high this year. Their best victories are the blowout over East Ridge (probably the 7th or 8th best team in the region), and now the two close wins against Sheldon Clark (probably 5th or 6th best in the region). They did also lose once to Sheldon Clark, lost by 17 to Pikeville and by 45 to Shelby Valley, and also lost to Cordia and Letcher Central. There's absolutely nothing in their season to support saying they're the second best team in the region.

I will say that Belfry has a lot of underclassmen talent, and I fully expect them to be regional title contenders for the next 2-3 years. But not this year.
As for the game, I'll say SV by 22.
Pages: 1 2