Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 79 - Prestonsburg 40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shelby Valley 79 Prestonsburg 40

Prestonsburg 14 4 12 10 40

Shelby Valley 23 19 19 18 79

15th Regional at the East Kentucky Convention Center in Pikeville.

Prestonsburg (6-22) -- Burchett 25, Blackburn 5, Key 2, Tincher 2, Carter 2, Gearheart 3, Shelton 1.

Shelby Valley (26-4) -- Justice 17, Hatfield 16, Taylor Newsome 10, Tyler Newsome 15, Varney 4, Robinson 2, Lucas 2, Ramey 3, R. Roberts 2, T. Roberts 2, D. Tackett 4, T. Tackett 2.
Sounds about right, you're rarely going to beat a team the second time as bad as you did the first. Congrats Valley, and to P-burg, be ready for next year, because the region is going to be wide open.
Congrats to both teams. Valley did what they had to do. Win!
side not-. does the 15th not give techniqals for Dunking during warm-ups, cause I saw both teams doing it before the game, but no call made?

Belfry gets Valley next, .. keep rolling Valley
Congrats Valley
NYY10 Wrote:Congrats to both teams. Valley did what they had to do. Win!
side not-. does the 15th not give techniqals for Dunking during warm-ups, cause I saw both teams doing it before the game, but no call made?

Belfry gets Valley next, .. keep rolling Valley

The refs have to be out there to see it, and usually by time they come out, the players are taking their jump shots. Dunking is usually the first thing a team will be doing in warmups and it's done during layup lines.
PC_You_Know Wrote:The refs have to be out there to see it, and usually by time they come out, the players are taking their jump shots. Dunking is usually the first thing a team will be doing in warmups and it's done during layup lines.

Thanks!.
Wasn't really sure!
Congrats to Valley
Grats to Valley!

Does anyone know if/when they will replay this on WPRG?? If so, what time???
P-burg should be better than they are, as Burchett is a heck of a player.............they should have won more than 6 this year.

Valley is TOUGH!
congrats to sv, i say the game with belfry will probally be around the same as bad as i hate to say it.
NEXT Wrote:P-burg should be better than they are, as Burchett is a heck of a player.............they should have won more than 6 this year.

Valley is TOUGH!
You are right, it seemed Burchett got every missed shot to go along with his points, Congrats SV! Go Wildcats!
This is the 1st time i ever saw this Valley team play and all I have to say is wow
CardinalAlum Wrote:This is the 1st time i ever saw this Valley team play and all I have to say is wow

That surprises me because I really didn't feel like they played all that well tonight. They stood around too much on offense and settled for 3 pointers. The defensive intensity also was lacking somewhat tonight. They didn't play poorly, but this was definitely not one of their better efforts IMO...
The King Wrote:That surprises me because I really didn't feel like they played all that well tonight. They stood around too much on offense and settled for 3 pointers. The defensive intensity also was lacking somewhat tonight. They didn't play poorly, but this was definitely not one of their better efforts IMO...

Well I guess im not use to seeing them on a good night I was still impressed with them
The King Wrote:That surprises me because I really didn't feel like they played all that well tonight. They stood around too much on offense and settled for 3 pointers. The defensive intensity also was lacking somewhat tonight. They didn't play poorly, but this was definitely not one of their better efforts IMO...

I wasn't impressed either. Prestonsburg was just that bad. Burchett had ZERO help as has been the case the entire year. But yeah i was expecting more, but its hard to get for a game against such a bad team. HA and they still win by 39. crazy
Who's next?
Congrats SV :Thumbs:
Congrats Valley!
Congrats SV
SV used a smothering half-course defense. That was one of the biggest differences in the game. Getting across the time-line was a chore for them.
^ I noticed that as well, pressed until the beginning of the 4th quarter.
wildcats didnt play awesomely, but a win is a win -- nice dunk by hatfield - nice block by varney - elisha did his thing in the 1st half -- keep rolling valley!
Think it was unsportsman like to run the score up the way valley did. I won't be supporting them at state. what goes around, comes around.
congrats to sv on a win against prestonsburg. Any win the the regional tournament is a good win. Congrats to elisha justice for being rec0gnized in the "faces in the crowd" section of this months sports illustrated. Keep up the good work. :1:
I also wasn't impressed as much as I thought I'd be...
NEXT Wrote:P-burg should be better than they are, as Burchett is a heck of a player.............they should have won more than 6 this year.

Valley is TOUGH!
As an added thought, I think Burchett is gong to play football with Pikeville College. They are getting a top notch player here!
dortonite Wrote:As an added thought, I think Burchett is gong to play football with Pikeville College. They are getting a top notch player here!

Not happening
OldTymer Wrote:Not happening
That's what I thought I heard the announcer say, could be wrong about that. I will try again, Elisha Justice is supposed to be at Freedom Hall today for the last game at Freedom Hall against #1 Syracuse.
Michael is not going to Pikeville to play football.

On the other hand, I would like to congratulate Mike on a great basketball career. We all know about his achievements in football but he also put together a great basketball career. As a starter for 3 years, he finished his career with 1500 plus points and almost 500 rebounds. He averaged 21 ppg as a senior and battled despite a tough season. Thank you for all the great memories.
HeHateMe2 Wrote:Michael is not going to Pikeville to play football.

On the other hand, I would like to congratulate Mike on a great basketball career. We all know about his achievements in football but he also put together a great basketball career. As a starter for 3 years, he finished his career with 1500 plus points and almost 500 rebounds. He averaged 21 ppg as a senior and battled despite a tough season. Thank you for all the great memories.

I'd like to second that.

Mike has had a good career and had a really great season this year, just didn't have the teammates around him that would give the same effort he would.

Congrats SV!
Pages: 1 2