Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boone Co 41 Newcath 40 (9th Region 1st Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final.

Gabbard drives the lane, stops, and finds a cutting Cotton on the baseline for 2 with 3 seconds left.

Pangallo misses 30 foot runner at buzzer and Boone SURIVES despite Newcath shooting horribly from outside.

Boone/Holmes rematch in the semi's.
BTW, Boone led 31-21 at the half an was held to just 10 points in the second half.

Newcath was 1-19 from outside. Key stat to the game.

Numbers:

Geisler and Meyer led Newcath with 15 and 14, respectively.

Gabbard 9, Cotton 8, Lay 6, from what I saw on the scoreboard at the end of the game.
I was at the game. I'm really amazed that Boone pulled it out. Outside of Cotton's layup at the end of the game, Boone had zilch in the way of offense in the second half. Absolutely nothing. I think NewCath point guard Pangallo (who's a heck of a player) only had 2 points for the game. One reason was that Boone had the taller and athletic Cotton guard him. During one sequence in 3rd quarter, Pangallo missed three treys in one possession. You're right: NewCath's 1 for 19 from the three-point-land was the key stat. Where NewCath messed up late was that they had a foul to give on Boone's last possession and should have hacked someone with about 4 seconds left to disrupt the strategy.

Geisler, the NewCath center, is a real nice player. In second half, he blocked a shot in close, then hustled down the court to score a fast-break layup.

Boone better score more than 10 points in the second half Saturday vs. Holmes -- unless it's a slowdown affair like last year's 9th Region final.
[quote=jalfzou]I was at the game. I'm really amazed that Boone pulled it out. Outside of Cotton's layup at the end of the game, Boone had zilch in the way of offense in the second half. Absolutely nothing. I think NewCath point guard Pangallo (who's a heck of a player) only had 2 points for the game. One reason was that Boone had the taller and athletic Cotton guard him. During one sequence in 3rd quarter, Pangallo missed three treys in one possession. You're right: NewCath's 1 for 19 from the three-point-land was the key stat. Where NewCath messed up late was that they had a foul to give on Boone's last possession and should have hacked someone with about 4 seconds left to disrupt the strategy.

Geisler, the NewCath center, is a real nice player. In second half, he blocked a shot in close, then hustled down the court to score a fast-break layup.

Boone better score more than 10 points in the second half Saturday vs. Holmes -- unless it's a slowdown affair like last year's 9th Region final.[/QUOTE]

10 points in the second half may work if we are looking at another 32-29 game lol...

Should be a good one, already had one heck of a matchup once this year, but hey they were in a tough one with Dixie too... It will be nice to get a heat check on the dogs here in the semi's are they truely going to play as good as they have since districts started for the rest of the season or can Boone slow them down...
Looks like this was a great match-up
Congrats Rebels :Thumbs:
A lot of OT games and one-point losses in March. Congrats Boone Co.