Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 76 Powell Co 53 (14th Region First Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
OUCH! I really thought that Powell Co would have a better showing than that!

Congrats DAWGS!
Good job DAWGS.
Congrats Dawgs

now i just wonder if Powell County will be calling for Coach Hall's Head??? seems as if some of there fans want him gone
Tourney time watchout for Hazard! AS bad as i hate to say that
theVILLE Wrote:Tourney time watchout for Hazard! AS bad as i hate to say that

Ditto.
Aslan Wrote:Ditto.

Lol...Hazard and Al are very good come tourney..Al always have been
Congrats Hazard!
Congradulations Bulldogs.
Hazard trailed 20-19 midway through 2nd quarter and went on a big run to lead 37-23 at halftime. They built their lead and cruised from there.
Whitaker led Hazard with 19 points(mostly in second half)He had 6 assists
Olinger had a double double with 16 points and 10 rebounds
And Meehan had 13,Back 8 and B.J.Combs 7,Fugate 5,Jarod Combs 3,Johnson 2 and Spencer 1
For Powell Co-I didn't catch scoring well off radio. Creech led team I think with around 23 points;Reed 11 and Pelphrey 9
..The semifinals will be a split session.
Perry Central plays Wolfe Co. at 6:30 Monday and then gym will be cleared and you have to have a separate ticket to go inside for game two.
bulldog149 Wrote:Congradulations Bulldogs.
Hazard trailed 20-19 midway through 2nd quarter and went on a big run to lead 37-23 at halftime. They built their lead and cruised from there.
And Meehan had 13,Back 8 and B.J.Combs 7,Fugate 5,Jarod Combs 3,Johnson 2 and Spencer 1
For Powell Co-I didn't catch scoring well off radio. Creech led team I think with around 23 points;Reed 11 and Pelphrey 9
Perry Central plays Wolfe Co. at 6:30 Monday and then gym will be cleared and you have to have a separate ticket to go inside for game two.

I hate that.
Aslan Wrote:[/B]

I hate that.

Me too!
bulldog149 Wrote:Congradulations Bulldogs.
Breathitt's gym does not really seat enough to host the region. It looks to me like their gym holds maybe 3200. I don't think it's as big as Powell County's, who's gym seats 3500 and who is barely borderline big enough (but next to Perry they have the best parking in the region). Hazard's isn't big enough either at 2500. Neither is Letcher at 2700.

I'm starting to think that maybe the region should be held every year at Perry Central. They are centrally located, have great parking, seat at least 4500, and don't have to have split sessions. Knott Central has 5000 seating but their parking situation is awful. It takes two hours to get all the cars out of that bottleneck outlet.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I'm starting to think that maybe the region should be held every year at Perry Central. They are centrally located, have great parking, seat at least 4500, and don't have to have split sessions. Knott Central has 5000 seating but their parking situation is awful. It takes two hours to get all the cars out of that bottleneck outlet.

I've been thinking the same thing. No one has to drive over 50 minutes or so and the facility and parking are great.
Sign posted on wall inside the gym has Breathitt at 4000.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Breathitt's gym does not really seat enough to host the region. It looks to me like their gym holds maybe 3200. I don't think it's as big as Powell County's, who's gym seats 3500 and who is barely borderline big enough (but next to Perry they have the best parking in the region). Hazard's isn't big enough either at 2500. Neither is Letcher at 2700.

I'm starting to think that maybe the region should be held every year at Perry Central. They are centrally located, have great parking, seat at least 4500, and don't have to have split sessions. Knott Central has 5000 seating but their parking situation is awful. It takes two hours to get all the cars out of that bottleneck outlet.

I don't think the split session has as much to do with the size of the gym as it does with just being a way to make more money. In my opinion it's just a money racket.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Breathitt's gym does not really seat enough to host the region. It looks to me like their gym holds maybe 3200. I don't think it's as big as Powell County's, who's gym seats 3500 and who is barely borderline big enough (but next to Perry they have the best parking in the region). Hazard's isn't big enough either at 2500. Neither is Letcher at 2700.

:Thumbs:
nannook Wrote:Sign posted on wall inside the gym has Breathitt at 4000.
Paper will lay still and let you write anything on it. That gym sure doesn't look like it will seat 4000 people. If it did they wouldn't have to be having split sessions. And also, if it does, then Powell County's gym seats 4500, and Perry's seats 5500.
Inflating seating numbers is a ploy as old as the hills. It's an extra bargaining chip used all over the state to encourage comitttee's to choose a particular site to host tournaments and other events.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I don't think the split session has as much to do with the size of the gym as it does with just being a way to make more money. In my opinion it's just a money racket.
Oh, no doubt it's about money as much as anything.
But I don't believe Perry and Knott have split sessions, so that wouldn't be the case with them (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Their gyms are big enough to not have to do that.
They are making money. From what radio said however many gym actually holds they kept selling tickets and it was standing room only in 2nd game.They said back to entrance doors and they were sure they couldn't see anything except top of people's heads.Not much point in going if can't see it. I plan to go early but it will no doubt cost $10 I guess to watch both games.
..Did anybody catch Powell County's scoring.A linescore last I looked on kentucky.com had never been listed. I just got part of it. I think Creech had about 23 or 24 and couple players I listed earlier. Radio did it too fast for me to write down.
hazards good, dont count them out.
Congratulations Bulldogs. Good Luck.
Way to go dogs.
Congrats Dawgs. Congrats Pirates on a good season.
Congrats Hazard :Thumbs:
quote "now i just wonder if Powell County will be calling for Coach Hall's Head??? seems as if some of there fans want him gone" Are you kidding me? I thought he had brought this team up a notch or 2 since he has been there?
If this means you don't take your team to the sweet 16 every year then your head is on a chopping block then we should see a lot of coaching jobs open...lol. Congrats to Hazard for the win and to Powell and Coach Hall for playing hard.
Good Job Hazard !! Keep it UP !! GO DAWGS !!!:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Why should PCC get to host it every year and KNott shouldnt??? I disagree the parking at kcc is not bad its the getting ouot part that is bad! And if we play it at PCC every year than nobody would win! The refs see things differently there lol:Clap:
theVILLE Wrote:Why should PCC get to host it every year and KNott shouldnt??? I disagree the parking at kcc is not bad its the getting ouot part that is bad! And if we play it at PCC every year than nobody would win! The refs see things differently there lol:Clap:

Region is always reffed by another regions referees
So if there is any home cooking it is highly unlikely in region
zaga_fan Wrote:Region is always reffed by another regions referees
So if there is any home cooking it is highly unlikely in region

I dont know about that...So far in the region this year, it has been called " fairly " but some no calls on both sides, very even...
theVILLE Wrote:Why should PCC get to host it every year and KNott shouldnt??? I disagree the parking at kcc is not bad its the getting ouot part that is bad! And if we play it at PCC every year than nobody would win! The refs see things differently there lol:Clap:
Understatement of the year! :lmao:

KCC: Parking= Good
KCC: Getting out from parking after game= Bad
Pages: 1 2