Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 88 Bell County 82 (4th Overtime) 13th Region First Round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like the redhounds gotta battle, a **** of one from the bobcats.
Comments?
Looks like the favorite "catches" a break or two to stay in the tournament in "their" gym.
They just about got beat, According to the radio, Bell Co. had to play everyone due to foul trouble, some young kids mustve stepped up, Bell Co. has a right to hang there head high.
Dang!!!
This had to be epic.
Corbin is tough.
Bell County should be proud but this one has to leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Wow! 4 OT's!

Congrats Corbin.
Sounds like a **** of a game but I still think Corbin is overrated.
Anyone know the score of the Clay Co./Barbourville game? Not posted on KHSAA yet. Thanks
Congrats Corbin!
WOW... 4 OT's!!!! You certainly got your money's worth at this game! When you have 2 teams playing this hard it's a shame that someone has to lose.
Sounds like a good one..Congrats Corbin!
Congrats Corbin :Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote:Sounds like a **** of a game but I still think Corbin is overrated.

:Thumbs:
Great Game! Both teams layed it on the line. Bell played really well and so did Corbin neither deserved to lose. The officals, 1 in particular not sure of his name had a HUGE IMPACT on the game. It is a shame it came down to that. His 3 "late whistle" Calls were TERRIBLE calls the put the Hounds on the line and saved their rear ends.

Hated to see it end that way. If the game is called straight Bell wins at the end of the 1st and 2nd overtime.
Greeat game, maybe the best game I have seen in 20 years. Bell had opportuunities to win and missed some big free throws. The foul that the base line official made in the 3rd OT was BAD, but on the other hand, if Bell hits the free throw they go up by 3, he determined the out come of the game. Coach Morris did a great job and Bell has improved a great deal. Corbin beat them at the start of the year by 20 or more.
Seriously, the game goes 4 dang overtimes and some of you people are complaining about the officials. That is hilarious! Some of you even said it yourself, IF THEY MAKE FREE THROWS, both teams had many chances to win, and to try and blame it on one call in the 3rd overtime, are you kidding me! Sounds like a great game by two great teams in the regional tournament. Congrats to both teams on an amazing game, and good luck to Corbin against Clay on Saturday.
Wall4president Wrote:Seriously, the game goes 4 dang overtimes and some of you people are complaining about the officials. That is hilarious! Some of you even said it yourself, IF THEY MAKE FREE THROWS, both teams had many chances to win, and to try and blame it on one call in the 3rd overtime, are you kidding me! Sounds like a great game by two great teams in the regional tournament. Congrats to both teams on an amazing game, and good luck to Corbin against Clay on Saturday.

it wasnt well officiated! if you were there you would know. they call in the end of ot 3 was awful, sending corbin to the line to tie or go ahead. then in the 4th the charge on Madon, which should have been an and one sealed the deal for corbin, for bell could no longer score.
So when did the second game in this tournament end last nite?
zaga_fan Wrote:So when did the second game in this tournament end last nite?

I would assume a lot later than it was supposed too! :popcorn:
Wall4president Wrote:Seriously, the game goes 4 dang overtimes and some of you people are complaining about the officials. That is hilarious! Some of you even said it yourself, IF THEY MAKE FREE THROWS, both teams had many chances to win, and to try and blame it on one call in the 3rd overtime, are you kidding me! Sounds like a great game by two great teams in the regional tournament. Congrats to both teams on an amazing game, and good luck to Corbin against Clay on Saturday.

I would say officials had a serious impact on this game. According to Lexington Herald, Corbin shot 52 free throws, Bell shot 22. Just a little lop sided, you think!!!! Can you say HOMERED!!!!!!!!!
I don't like to discuss officals and their impact on the game. BUT Mike Melton was Corbin's MVP. He made some back breakers to keep Corbin in the game. I have NEVER, EVER seen an offical blow his whistle that late on a call in my life, not JUST ONCE BUT THREE TIMES!!!!!!!!! He stuck it too Bell bottomline.

Bell should have hit the FT's and it would have been over, But in NO circumanstances should an offical determine the outcome on the game. I thought the calls he made were Just down right Terrible.

I can assure you that is just not the opinions of Bell fans. Everyone seen it and knew it unless you were a Redhound fan. Corbin has a great team but they got some help.

Great job by the Bobcats!!!!

:Clap::Clap::Clap:
b.ballin Wrote:Looks like the favorite "catches" a break or two to stay in the tournament in "their" gym.

Both teams played extremely hard. There were bad calls both ways. And, as said before, this is not "Corbin's" gym. No one gets to practice or play at the arena during regular season. End of story.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Both teams played extremely hard. There were bad calls both ways. And, as said before, this is not "Corbin's" gym. No one gets to practice or play at the arena during regular season. End of story.

Its a joke that they're even playing it there in the first place. I heard in another thread that the vote was for the next 4 years, so hopefully thats all.
log mtn mafia Wrote:I would say officials had a serious impact on this game. According to Lexington Herald, Corbin shot 52 free throws, Bell shot 22. Just a little lop sided, you think!!!! Can you say HOMERED!!!!!!!!!

Bell got beat. End of story. The officiating was bad both ways. It did not decide the game. Get over it.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Its a joke that they're even playing it there in the first place. I heard in another thread that the vote was for the next 4 years, so hopefully thats all.

All the coaches voted. More voted for it to be there than didn't. That is what happens when there is a majority. No home court advantage for anyone.
Are you kidding me? 52 free throws to 22. Sounds a lot like the game back in 2004. Bell had Rockcastle on the ropes all game but with Rockcastle shooting 60 some free throws and Bell shooting 20 some or 30 some free throws, going in to OT and Bell had 5 or 6 players to foul out. Its sad that games can be determined on the refs whistle. Congrats Corbin and good effort Bell.
wow!!!
Congrats Corbin on the win.
William Muney Wrote:Great Game!

Hated to see it end that way. If the game is called straight Bell wins at the end of the 1st and 2nd overtime.

Wilson for Corbin had the shot at the Buzzer in the first OT right, he missed a 10 footer, no foul called, forced 2nd OT..
In 2 OT Wilson gave up shot at buzzer inside to big man, who may or may not of been fouled on the shot and again, no foul for Corbin, forces 3rd OT. How can you say Bell should of won in those 2 situations, they missed their free throws and turned the ball over in both opportunies at the end of those OT's, so don't say it was the officials calls that kept Corbin in it, I would have to say it was their non calls that kept Bell IN and forced the 3rd and 4th OT's. If the officials were going to have an effect on the outcome, I don't think they would of allowed it to go this far, do you? :Clap:
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:All the coaches voted. More voted for it to be there than didn't. That is what happens when there is a majority. No home court advantage for anyone.

A team should still have the opportunity to host it at their school, if they choose to. If a school from the Corbin area (or any school for that matter) wants to host it at The Arena, then I think thats wonderful. However, its not right to take that choice away from schools who would like to host it in their gym. There might not be a home court advantage, but there are advantages for the Corbin area schools. Like I said, hopefully this only lasts for the 4 years, if that is in fact the timeline that was voted for by some of the schools.
Pages: 1 2