Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Male 55 - Trinity (Lou.) 54 (7th Region Tourn.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Big time upset here!!!
uhhhh...........wow
Huge upset. I know that Male is good, but that's still quite a surprise.
Like I said in the prediction thread, "were theres a D'Carlo Hayes, theres a way."

He's a stud and a player a lot still don't know about.
Wow, one of the favorites already out.
The big boys keep falling.

Lexington Catholic
PRP
Louisville Eastern
Louisville Trinity

When is the last time these 4 have been out all before the 2nd round of the region started?
Big upset here! Congrats Male!
Wow, if I had to pick the winner of this game ten times I would have been wrong 10 times, however it was a good close game. Congrats to Male! Trinity you had a great year!
MAN!!! Wow I did not see this one. I guess Trinity was not as solid, and strong as I thought. I really think that this region was loaded from top to bottom but for Trinity to get beat by Male takes the upset award. At this point I will say that Ballard will win it but man if J-town could creep up or Male , this region may have a huge underdog in the final.
Wow. I kind of feel bad for Trinity, after they've had this amazing season and there not even going to get to play at Rupp.
Grats Male.
does the Sewell kid play for Trinity?
Yes^^
TRINITY BASKETBALL

March 2, 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

No. 1 Trinity Shocked 55-54

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – No. 1 Trinity was shocked by Male in the first round of the 2010 Class Act Federal Credit Union at Bellarmine University, 55-54, after Kevin Glenn hit a free throw with 5.0 seconds remaining.

It was only Male’s second lead of the game after leading 2-0 early.

Senior guard Daniel Corbett finished the game with 17 points, hitting 5-of-9 three-point field goals.

Line Score 1 2 3 4 Final Records
Trinity 11 18 12 13 54 26-3 entering
Male 5 17 13 20 55 14-13 entering
Trinity (54)- Corbett 17, Foster 7, Perito 2, Dieudonne 8, Sewell 12, Armstrong 2, Epley 6
Male (55)- Hayes 9, Glenn 8, Horne 14, Logan 8, Pillischafiske 14, Moore 2
Three-Point Field Goals- Glenn, Logan, Pillischafiske 4, Horne 2, Corbett 5, Sewell 2, Epley
This 7th Region Tournament will be worth the price of admission and then some!! To bad I won't see any of it!! Congrats Male!
Thanks for posting the line score TrinitySID, and congrats on such a great year!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:MAN!!! Wow I did not see this one. I guess Trinity was not as solid, and strong as I thought. I really think that this region was loaded from top to bottom but for Trinity to get beat by Male takes the upset award. At this point I will say that Ballard will win it but man if J-town could creep up or Male , this region may have a huge underdog in the final.

Thought Trinity would win but I know that Male can play too. GRC played them twice, we won one and they won one. This isn't realy a suprise to me.

Aslan Wrote:Wow. I kind of feel bad for Trinity, after they've had this amazing season and there not even going to get to play at Rupp.
Grats Male.

Same here, but we all knew the 7th is loaded and only one can advance on.
wow...
TrinitySID Wrote:No. 1 Trinity was shocked by Male in the first round of the 2010 Class Act Federal Credit Union at Bellarmine University, 55-54

What poll were you getting Trinity was No. 1? Rivals, Courier Journal, and Lex. Herald all have them lower than this.
Wow congrats to Male on the big win!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I called this one last weekend.
This is the knock on Sewell, Trinity has never won anything but some in season tounrys.

Anything can happen in March!!
Things like this happen in the 7th region. Its not at all like the 14th or 15th. SV could have a horrible game and still win. The 7th and 11th regions do not have the luxury.
Wow is right. Trinity certainly appeared to be headed to the Sweet 16, but had to play the toughest competition to get their. I didn't think they would make it out of the region, but I thought they would be in the Region championship. Congrats to Male.
In my eyes, this has to put Elisha Justice in the lead for Mr. Basketball. I've thought all along if Sewell made a deep run in the playoffs, that the award would be his, and vise-versa for EJ. I can't see Anyone keeping Shelby Valley from Rupp, and the wildcats have a very favorable draw and look to be favored to appear in the final four. The longer that Elisha Justice plays will Sewell is sitting around watching; the more votes Justice is going to get.
A big congrats to Male.
:yikes:

:1: Bulldogs :1:
Male isn't a bad team but thought Trinity would've won this one.
WOW...was not expecting this...wonder if this will hurt Sewell chances at Mr. KY...congrats Male
I didn't see this one coming. I guess Trinity didn't either.
IMHO. There is No big surprise here, Male played THS extremely tough the previous 2 times. Seventh Region play is more physical than the Big East. Justice would get hammered if he played in the 7th Region. Ask Sewell and Epley. Justice should do well in the state tourney as it is played under a different set of rules.
Tough loss for a good Trinity team. 7th Region is loaded this year. Per Lit ratings it is far and away the most difficult.
Pages: 1 2