Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County vs Knott Co Central (14th Region)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins?
Should be a great game. Powell County is leading the state in scoring. KCC beat Powell at Hindman early in the season.

Powell by 10
Kcc by 5
KCC by 4
KCC by 8
KCC by 3
KCC wins by 5+
Powell might lead the nation in scoring but I believe KCC is more talented and a little deeper at the guard position...Paige Slone will have a huge game...she lives for games like these...KCC by 8
Powell will win this one.
Kcc 44-39
Crazy Horse Wrote:Powell might lead the nation in scoring but I believe KCC is more talented and a little deeper at the guard position...Paige Slone will have a huge game...she lives for games like these...KCC by 8

I meant the state...they lead the state in scoring
I believe the Pirates will pull this one out of the bag and come up with a 3-4 point win!
Cake walk for KCC 25 +
tommy2 Wrote:Cake walk for KCC 25 +

Really? :yikes:
Powell is very explosive but Knott beat them in an earlier matchup so this should be a close game.

I'm a Knott County person and I really dont understand this comment?

More like Knott by 5.
I think Powell County wins this game. They are on a 14 game winning streak and are playing their best of the season right now. Rogers and McFarland are a handful and then some for anyone they play. Together they are averaging 45 ppg. And Powell has a quality bench if they need to use it, although sometimes Coach Jones is hesitant to do that because some of them are young.
The Lady Pirates have good ball handlers so I don't see a press bothering them too much.

I know they lost by 7 earlier in the season to Knott. But that game was in Hindman, and as I said, earlier in the year. Powell is a better team right now. This game is on a neutral floor.

I'm picking Powell by 5.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I think Powell County wins this game. They are on a 14 game winning streak and are playing their best of the season right now. Rogers and McFarland are a handful and then some for anyone they play. Together they are averaging 45 ppg. And Powell has a quality bench if they need to use it, although sometimes Coach Jones is hesitant to do that because some of them are young.
The Lady Pirates have good ball handlers so I don't see a press bothering them too much.

I know they lost by 7 earlier in the season to Knott. But that game was in Hindman, and as I said, earlier in the year. Powell is a better team right now. This game is on a neutral floor.

I'm picking Powell by 5.

It should be a good game. Knott is also playing better defense now.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm a Knott County person and I really dont understand this comment?

You will understand after tonights games.
Powell is playing the best ball of the year right now and Knott is in for a tough game. I am going with Powell in this one in an upset. 62-60 Good luck to both teams.
Congrats KCC!:Cheerlead
Congrats KCC! You played without ever giving up and therefore you walked away with the win. Great teamwork! That is what it takes.
I have been looking forward to watching this game because I knew it was going to be an even match-up. I do wonder however why Powell didn't play #4, ER. I have watched her in a couple of games this year, one game was at Letcher earlier in the season, and as an 8th grader I know that she is going places in her future. She handles the ball and shoots the 3 like no other.
I don't know if #4 will see this thread or not but I would like to her to hold her head high and focus on her future.
I may need to explain my previous post. It's been a long night. The point I am trying to make about Powell is the 8th grader, #4, can change a game for the best! She could have been a major factor in Powell winning and the coach doesn't play her. That is what I cannot comprehend about.
Eruption Zone Wrote:I may need to explain my previous post. It's been a long night. The point I am trying to make about Powell is the 8th grader, #4, can change a game for the best! She could have been a major factor in Powell winning and the coach doesn't play her. That is what I cannot comprehend about.

Some coaches are like that. Congrats to Powell on a good season.
Eruption Zone Wrote:I may need to explain my previous post. It's been a long night. The point I am trying to make about Powell is the 8th grader, #4, can change a game for the best! She could have been a major factor in Powell winning and the coach doesn't play her. That is what I cannot comprehend about.
Kcc played a good game and i wish them luck on friday. Now I have to say my piece........Powell would have won if he had played Erica Rogers. All I can ask is why? Why did he risk not playing her?
It may have something to do with the way she played in the district tournament. Don't get me wrong, she is a very good player for being an 8th grader, but I think her youth caused her some problems in the district tournament. She was put into the championship game when Powell was up 30and acted scared to death. District and Regional tournaments are a different beast and these young players have never experienced this. I could see why coach would have hesitated to put her in during a very close and intense game based on how she reacted during her playing time in the district. She will get her time.
UKLover Wrote:It may have something to do with the way she played in the district tournament. Don't get me wrong, she is a very good player for being an 8th grader, but I think her youth caused her some problems in the district tournament. She was put into the championship game when Powell was up 30and acted scared to death. District and Regional tournaments are a different beast and these young players have never experienced this. I could see why coach would have hesitated to put her in during a very close and intense game based on how she reacted during her playing time in the district. She will get her time.
the 8th grader didn't look too scared in the district tournanment when she hit 2 back to back 3 pointers within 90 seconds before he took her out.
sorry but there were other 8th graders that played last night in the region but she could have pulled it off.
I think it is time that the PC administrators really take a look at their head coach. True, he has a hsitory of coaching other teams, but he has failed miserably with the PC girls simply by not using valuable talent. There are several 8th graders who are well qualified to start on this year's team, but instead he has chosen to sit them on the bench and not allow them to help their team prosper. Granted, they have won several games this year, but look who they played to get a successful record. You parents and supporters need to band together and get something done before you loose some of the stellar talent you have coming up from the 8th grade. If you do so, great things could be in your future...if not...well it's in your hands.

It's time for a coaching change at Powell County High School.
Eruption Zone Wrote:I do wonder however why Powell didn't play #4, ER. ...as an 8th grader I know that she is going places in her future. She handles the ball and shoots the 3 like no other.
I don't know if #4 will see this thread or not but I would like to her to hold her head high and focus on her future.

:Thumbs:

Eruption Zone Wrote:... the 8th grader, #4, can change a game for the best! She could have been a major factor in Powell winning and the coach doesn't play her. That is what I cannot comprehend about.

:Thumbs:

PC Hoops Wrote:the 8th grader didn't look too scared in the district tournanment when she hit 2 back to back 3 pointers within 90 seconds before he took her out. .

Coaching decisions like that make me go :HitWall:
Pages: 1 2