Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley vs. Prestonsburg (15th region 1st round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seems like these two meet up in the first round of the region every year. How will it go this time?

Shelby Valley won the only meeting earlier this year in the All-A by 45.
After what I said in the first post, I did some checking, and I wasn't too far off. In fact, SV as the 59th winner has drawn the 58th runner-up four years straight now, twice Betsy Layne and twice P-Burg. As for this year, though, I don't see this game staying close for very long.

Valley by 25.
I'll take valley by as many as they want.... But i don't see Booher running the score up with his main players they will play enough to get the game out of reach.
SV by 28
I'd also like to say that before anybody gets bent out of shape over the poll results... please remember it's all just for fun.

Myself personally, I don't see any way P-Burg wins this. But if some people on here do, then that's fine. No need for anyone to get upset. :Thumbs:
Valley will get upset in this tournament by someone, maybe even pburg
pburg by 2
EasyMoney Wrote:Valley will get upset in this tournament by someone, maybe even pburg
pburg by 2

I dont see it happening
I do love all the people voting for P-burg.
Sucks for pburg to draw em first round. Go out, play hard, who knows. SV by 25+
I remember my senior year, when we knew we didn't have much of a chance, but everyone was voting against SV then too. But I'm not stupid - Prestonsburg simply doesn't have enough talent to hang with SV for 4 quarters. Hopefully Prestonsburg comes and gives a great effort though and doesn't have only a few players trying to do it all.

I'll take SV by 20+... Go Blackcats!
I just don't see anyone in the 15th giving Valley a game. I hope Pburg comes in and plays a great game. I think Valley wins by 25 while resting starters most of the second half.
SV fans need to enjoy this run in the regional tournament. This is a special group of players we been blessed to have over the past few years.

We are in the 10th year of an amazing run in the 15th by SV. It started with the 00-01 team that didn't lose an in-region unitl they were defeated by Allen Central in the regional. SV then went on to win 3 of the next 4 regional tournaments, and this group is looking to add a 3 out of 4 stretch of their own. From the Akers brothers, Terry Wright, Paul Fleming, Josh Goad, to Seth, Kelsey, Patrick, and Kris, to Jacob, Jonah, Logan, Curby, and the current group of players, we have been very fortunate to have so many talented players come through in such a short time period. This run of dominance is sure to end after this season, but hopefully it won't be long until SV is back on top...
Colonel Kill Wrote:I just don't see anyone in the 15th giving Valley a game. I hope Pburg comes in and plays a great game. I think Valley wins by 25 while resting starters most of the second half.

I agree! SV by 30
Valley by however many they want!!!!!
The King Wrote:SV fans need to enjoy this run in the regional tournament. This is a special group of players we been blessed to have over the past few years.

We are in the 10th year of an amazing run in the 15th by SV. It started with the 00-01 team that didn't lose an in-region unitl they were defeated by Allen Central in the regional. SV then went on to win 3 of the next 4 regional tournaments, and this group is looking to add a 3 out of 4 stretch of their own. From the Akers brothers, Terry Wright, Paul Fleming, Josh Goad, to Seth, Kelsey, Patrick, and Kris, to Jacob, Jonah, Logan, Curby, and the current group of players, we have been very fortunate to have so many talented players come through in such a short time period. This run of dominance is sure to end after this season, but hopefully it won't be long until SV is back on top...

Great post The King, Valley has been very dominant the past few years and this group of players is something else. This is the last week that they will play in Pike Co. I Feel like everyone should go out and watch them and give them a loud crowd to go out on top with. You don't see a group of players like this very often, so if you haven't got the chance go see them now before they leave town to head to Lexington
Valley by 30, great post The King
The King Wrote:SV fans need to enjoy this run in the regional tournament. This is a special group of players we been blessed to have over the past few years.

Have to agree with everything you posted. We have been blessed with a lot of good talent the past 10 years or so and the players represented themselves, their schools and the community well.
SV by 20+ :lmao:
Let's be honest everyone is playing for silver in the 15th. Valley by 25+
Shelby Valley by at least 25. Starters probably will only play about half the game, 1st and 3rd quarters. It would be terrible to allow the starters to play most of the game and win by 50+ and one of them get hurt. Anything can happen tournament time. Good luck to all teams.
CosmoKramer Wrote:Shelby Valley by at least 25. Starters probably will only play about half the game, 1st and 3rd quarters. It would be terrible to allow the starters to play most of the game and win by 50+ and one of them get hurt. Anything can happen tournament time. Good luck to all teams.
Let the flaming begin, but if the entire season thus far has any indication on when the starters will be pulled, I would say they will be in until about 2 minutes left in the game... I can't see the coach changing that now, just because it's tournament time.
lol who were the posters who voted for P*burg??

Ill take Shelby Valley by 40.
SV by 15.
im not bashin or anything, but in as just curious, What gives you all the idea Pburg can stick around Valley, let alone beat them. Again, im not bashing, just what hear your thoughts!!
Sv 88-67
Valley by 35
valley by 30 -- please booher dont risk getting the starters hurt in this one....or in any game this week

Well said. It has been fun to watch!

Please don't remind me of these guys. I had to deal with them enough back then. :HitWall: Definitely a special group of guys. Toughest team I ever had to face. And naturally, we faced them in the first round of the region then as well. P-burg just has shoddy luck when it comes to the regional draw.

As for this game, SV wins by about 50. Nothing Prestonsburg does will keep SV from winning this game. P-burg just simply has nothing outside of Burchett.
Valley by 25.
Pages: 1 2