Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins 2010?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions.
They will be very good and will compete for a regional title.
I am a parent of one of the Lady Cavs so my opinion is probably biased. Having gotten that formality out of the way I think they should be very strong this year. They return 7 of their nine starters and are anchored by 6 senior starters that have played together on the varsity squad since middle school. One big question will be how well Webb can replace the graduated Thacker at pitcher. She throws very hard, has improved her control, and has learned to change speeds. Stambaugh will pitch some as well. Defensively they will be sound, they will show some improvement at the plate, and as always they will be very aggressive on the base paths. In summary they are a skilled, experienced team that should be one of the favories for the 14th region title come May.
I would add disciplined to the list of team attributes. They rarely beat themselves. Jenkins has a coaching jewel, and I think will win the region.
When does Jenkins play?When do they play LCC?
April 14th they play LCC at LCC, and May the 5th at Jenkins. Does anyone know where District, and Region is going to be played at this year?
Did Jenkins girls work through the summer or play any through the summer?
cougarpride08 Wrote:April 14th they play LCC at LCC, and May the 5th at Jenkins. Does anyone know where District, and Region is going to be played at this year?

District - Knott Co. Central
Region - Leslie County
Playhard Wrote:Did Jenkins girls work through the summer or play any through the summer?

A few of the girls played in some travel team tournaments and went to camps. The whole team played together in the bluegrass games and won the silver medal.
Hey thats great, who did the pitching? I figured they would be down since Thacker is gone.
Playhard Wrote:Hey thats great, who did the pitching? I figured they would be down since Thacker is gone.

Brooke Webb who is a senior will be the primary pitcher. She pithced some last year. She throws hard, has greatly improved her control and has learned to change speeds. She should do well. This will not be a down year for the Lady Cavs. They return 7 starters from last year.