Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 10th Region Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When is the draw?
2pm. You can follow it on http://www.soft96.com and go to the link for "Courtside with Danny Weddle"... he'll be tweeting also.
As a Mason County fan, I don't care at this point.

No disrespect to any other schools, but I want Clark County! : )
Have they had the draw yet? Almost 2:30 and still no word.
8 pm Friday Mason Co. vs. Bishop Brossart.

6:30 Friday Pendleton Co. vs. Montgomery Co.

8 pm Thursday Scott vs. Bracken Co.

6:30 Thursday Clark Co. vs. Harrison Co
WOW...Scott and GRC on the same side for the 3rd stright year!!!...Great draw for Mason Co
Peacedomes85 Wrote:WOW...Scott and GRC on the same side for the 3rd stright year!!!...Great draw for Mason Co

Hope Coach Code & the boys in green read these boards, would love to see them pull the upset over the MIGHTY ROYALS.:devilflam
Peacedomes85 Wrote:WOW...Scott and GRC on the same side for the 3rd stright year!!!...Great draw for Mason Co

Maybe this is the year Scott knocks off the Cards.

Mason Co indeed got a good draw.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Maybe this is the year Scott knocks off the Cards.

I disagree in the sense that Mason probably drew the toughest possible opponent they could have for the first round in Bishop Brossart, rather than Montgomery or Harrison.

I agree they were fortunate to be on the opposite side as the tourney favorite GRC, although one could argue that GRC also did well to have the Royals (who will be playing on their home floor) on the other side as well.
Let's also remember that Clark County lead Mason County 26-14, I will repeat that, the Royals had FOURTEEN points at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

We saw how that ended and oh yeah, that was on a NEUTRAL court last year.

Brossart is a tough matchup and I love Coach Code and the way his players play, but they just do not have the offense to beat Mason County.

Also remember that Mason County beat the Mustangs at the AIT and that was WITHOUT Harris and Pawset, the Royals are MUCH, MUCH better than what they were in December.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Maybe this is the year Scott knocks off the Cards.

I agree Mason got a good draw. Also GRc and Scott seem to always play in the semifinals. Unreal. Hope they both advance, will be a great match up. GRC beat them eariler in the season, without Stenzel.
homeless_camel Wrote:Let's also remember that Clark County lead Mason County 26-14, I will repeat that, the Royals had FOURTEEN points at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

We saw how that ended and oh yeah, that was on a NEUTRAL court last year.

Brossart is a tough matchup and I love Coach Code and the way his players play, but they just do not have the offense to beat Mason County.

Also remember that Mason County beat the Mustangs at the AIT and that was WITHOUT Harris and Pawset, the Royals are MUCH, MUCH better than what they were in December.

Heck why play the game, just declare Mason Co the winner.:igiveup:
Gold Charger Wrote:Heck why play the game, just declare Mason Co the winner.:igiveup:

lol

I wouldn't mind the Royals having the extra day of rest before the semifinals on Saturday, so SURE, let's skip this game.

Mustangs will play them tough and I actually felt sorry a couple years ago when Brossart won the All A title, had a great team, but lost to Mason County three times that year. Anything can happen on a given day, but just all kinds of mismatch problems for them against the Royals.
More Cowbell Wrote:I disagree in the sense that Mason probably drew the toughest possible opponent they could have for the first round in Bishop Brossart, rather than Montgomery or Harrison.

I agree they were fortunate to be on the opposite side as the tourney favorite GRC, although one could argue that GRC also did well to have the Royals (who will be playing on their home floor) on the other side as well.

Mason Co is on the opposite side of 2 of the top 3 teams in the region...they got a good draw.

They've already beaten Brossart on a neutral floor, and now get the Stangs on their home floor.

In the semi's they'd get either Pendleton or Montgomery.
Calpreps.com Predictions:

Mason Co 52 Brossart 43
Pendleton Co 64 Montgomery Co 63

Scott 67 Bracken Co 52
Clark Co 74 Harrison Co 46

Semi Finals:
Mason Co 64 Pendleton Co 49
Clark Co 66 Scott 54

Finals:
Clark Co 58 Mason Co 51

Actually it is the 4th and not stright years. They met in the years: 2009,2007,2006. In the year of 2008, GRC beat Campbell Co , then lost to Mason Co in the semi's

kywldcat01;968413[B Wrote:]Maybe this is the year Scott knocks off the Cards.[/B]

By reading your posts, looks like this is what you hope will happen.
GRC takes the 10th :Thumbs:
Those predictions on the score wouldn't surprise and based on what we have seen this year, come across fairly accurate.

With that said, I can't imagine Clark County being Scott by double digits.

In 2006 in the 1st Round of the Regionals, Clark County won 70-68
In 2007 in the semis of the Regionals, Clark County won 53-52
In 2009 in the semis of the Regionals, Clark County won 46-40

It's going to be mighty interesting to see how it plays out. I do remember that 53-52 game since I was at the Fieldhouse and Scott absolutely choked that game away with missed free throws. I remember being upset because I knew Clark County was more than capable of beating the Royals and sure enough, Preston did his thing in the Regional final and Clark County won.
GRC has better be prepared for a tough match-up with Scott. This is a much different team than they were earlier in the season. Watching their match-up with Campbell County, they are extremely athletic. Though the final score was not indicative, Scott was much better than the Camels.
Gold Charger Wrote:By reading your posts, looks like this is what you hope will happen.

IF Holmes were to get out of that upper bracket (assuming they win the 9th), they'd likely have to knock off the Cards to win back to back titles. Of course I'm hoping someone knocks them off along the way. They're a very dangerous team that is capable of beating anyone in the state.

With that said, I'd really like to see the Cards win the region on MC's home floor. Ah, how sweet it would be. :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:IF Holmes were to get out of that upper bracket (assuming they win the 9th), they'd likely have to knock off the Cards to win back to back titles. Of course I'm hoping someone knocks them off along the way. They're a very dangerous team that is capable of beating anyone in the state.

With that said, I'd really like to see the Cards win the region on MC's home floor. Ah, how sweet it would be. :Thumbs:

You have contradicted yourself. Saying you want them to get knocked off, then saying you want them to win. Can't have it both ways.

I want the best from each region to win and have the best teams represented in the State Tourney. :Thumbs:
Gold Charger Wrote:You have contradicted yourself. Saying you want them to get knocked off, then saying you want them to win. Can't have it both ways.

I want the best from each region to win and have the best teams represented in the State Tourney. :Thumbs:

I guess I should've worded it a different way.

I'm rooting for the Eagles because they're a nky team (and probably 3 miles from my home) but if they can't knock the Cards off, I'm hoping it's Clark Co who wins the 10th and represents that region at Rupp.

Hope that explains myself a little better. :igiveup:
homeless_camel Wrote:Those predictions on the score wouldn't surprise and based on what we have seen this year, come across fairly accurate.

With that said, I can't imagine Clark County being Scott by double digits.

In 2006 in the 1st Round of the Regionals, Clark County won 70-68
In 2007 in the semis of the Regionals, Clark County won 53-52
In 2009 in the semis of the Regionals, Clark County won 46-40

It's going to be mighty interesting to see how it plays out. I do remember that 53-52 game since I was at the Fieldhouse and Scott absolutely choked that game away with missed free throws. I remember being upset because I knew Clark County was more than capable of beating the Royals and sure enough, Preston did his thing in the Regional final and Clark County won.

This GRC VS Scott game we are all starting to get use to every year is always a good game...and i agree it will be interesting to see how it all plays out at The Fieldhouse!!!

Stardust Wrote:GRC has better be prepared for a tough match-up with Scott. This is a much different team than they were earlier in the season. Watching their match-up with Campbell County, they are extremely athletic. Though the final score was not indicative, Scott was much better than the Camels.

Agreed :Thumbs:
Clark should have no problem in this region IMO.
Originally Posted by Stardust GRC has better be prepared for a tough match-up with Scott. This is a much different team than they were earlier in the season. Watching their match-up with Campbell County, they are extremely athletic. Though the final score was not indicative, Scott was much better than the Camels.

We played Scott on Feb. 13, so we know how good they are.