Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co 71 Sheldon Clark 53 (57th Dist. Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dawgs played a great game, but I was impressed with the Sportsmanship from both teams. 2,000 plus in attendance, not seen a crowd lke that in years!!!
LC played with passion. They wanted it so much more. Every Loose ball, Every 50/50 Rebound. LC had 5 people on the boards every play in the second half while SC had 1 or 2 guys jumping and a few others waiting for the ball to be thrown to them. Hustle plays that LC got helped them in this game. After the second half the bulldogs was getting to the goal at will. Even with 2-3 second chance opportunities. The refs did a great job tonight other than a few clean blocks Joel Baldwin had. (Maybe i just think that because the lady next to me was screaming it in my ear). The bulldog faithful and SC faithful was all in attendance tonight. Great sportsmanship on both sides. Great win for LC and Congratz
Yes it was and everyone there was pumped for it
Back to back district titles first time in school history.
I dont watch very many high school basketball games. But who exactly is sheldon clarks head coach? i seen 5 people setting in chairs all screaming stuff while LC had one head coach leading his team to a second half blow out.
They should be all set to steal the show from Shelby Valley in the 15th Regional Tourney.
So much for no blowouts in the 57th district tournament this year. LC with back to back blowouts to claim their second straight district title. Congrats
cricket Wrote:So much for no blowouts in the 57th district tournament this year. LC with back to back blowouts to claim their second straight district title. Congrats

agreed
Congrats Dawgs.
I thought LC could win, but not this big
Congrats LC! Very good sportsmanship displayed by both teams, players and fans alike!
Anyone with stats?
Congrats Lawrence County.
LAWRENCE COUNTY INDIVIDUAL SCORING
Frasher 16 and 17 rebounds, Adkins 16 and 10 rebounds, Skaggs 15, Bradley 11, Marcum 5, West 4, Baldwin 4

SHELDON CLARK INDIVIDUAL SCORING
Lafferty 15, Moore 11, Whitt 9, Howell 5, Hayes 5, Harris 2, Bowen 2, Blackburn 2, Chapman 2
You could tell from the opening tip to the final buzzer that LC wanted this game way more than SC sort of speak. SC just didn't shoot the ball that well and played out of position a lot but LC crashed the boards tonight and Michael Adkins and Lucas Frasher were beasts inside tonight. Great sportsmanship tonight by both schools, even in the heat of battle in a big rivalry like this for a district title you had guys from both teams helping one another up and saying good job. That's class go Bulldogs take it to region.
According to KHSAA stat leaders were Frasher had 16 and 15 boards, Adkins 16 and 17 boards, Skaggs 16 and 8 boards, and Bradley with 11 and 6 boards