Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Catholic 90 Magoffin County 83
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
very poor officals Magoffin had a couple players foul out went into overtime and Magoffin hasnt even got into the bonus yet Pup got throwed out total of 4 technicals were called on Magoffin
I think the final tally on fouls in the second half was NC-6 MC-14
The Lady Hornets were down by 21 early in the 2nd quarter, fought back to send it to overtime- Ashley Hall,Calloray Howard,and Ashley Howard all fouled out
Ashley Howard had a quadruple double-22pts.,11 rebounds, 10 steals, and 10 assisits
They play the loser of the Rowan Co.-Lexington Catholic game at noon tomorrow.
:Sad04: Absolutley shocked on this one, I pedicted we bold win by 15 or more and it was jus terrible! This was a really good team, but not that good #11 hit five or six 3's in the first quater,she was absolutley amazing and after that we Ashley Jade was ordered to shut her down and buddy thats what she did the rest of the night she only had 1 three pointer the rest of the game.....!!! I know that ive said that the 15th has the worst officating ever which I still have'nt changed my mind about that, but this region is not to far from behind or even tied.

But people says when their team loses they'll always blame it on the refs, thats not true if we would have won I would still have this posted. Yea, i'am disappointed that we lost, but, we did lose for the wrong outcome. This was absolutley an bad reffing night, I mean you could tell the refs wanted the other team to win, when hes calling fouls for no reason, like when Calloray was straight up and they got her for shuving and elbows, which made her foul out. and when it was New ports ball and the lady hornets were down by 2 with 18 seconds remaining, and the girls stole the ball and tried to shoot it twice and a second before the buzzer Brittany has the ball and its 1 on 3 and it just drops in and the refs drop there mouth and says OMG....which made the score 75 all, They was 3 T's the whole game 2 being Steve Millers and the other being one of the players, and all she did was in over time try to go from behind the girl and nock it out of her hand and they called it to be an intentional foul. When the coach was through out of the game, the assisstant coach stepped up, and sit down on the stool at our bench and for that he nearlly got a T to.

You should have seen the refs they was halfway off the court when the buzzer went off. Very bad refs but good luck to the girls 2-morrow and hopefully it will not be the same refs!!!
The Blugrass officials have always let teams play very physical, and it usually goes both ways. They are also not going to let a second year coach from Magoffin County show them up in a high profile tournament. He will live and learn.
So, were the officials biased one way or another or were they just bad?
Sounds like Ashley J had a heck of a game not very often do you see a quadruple double. Magoffin will bounce back from this there one heck of a team.
Sounds like they had a ruff time, but they will bounce back even stronger..
wow nice game ashley jade, u hardley hear of one of them lol, bounce back hornets, dont let this get to ya
Nice game Ashley Jade.....Thats you rarley hear about
Congratulations Jade, good game
Did Magoffin come out nervous?????????????? They were down 27-11 after the 1st quarter. what the heck happened in the 1st????
Magoffin County played the 3rd, 4th and the overtime and never got in the bonus the whole second half.
Will the coach be at today's game or does he have to sit this one out? On the officiating, I think the style of play of Magoffin can led to foul problems. They like to run and gun and play pressure defense which can lead to alot of reaching fouls. It can look one-sided if your team is the aggressor. Any way, they have to get use to close called games if they expect to go far. Develop a bench!
Nice job girls to fight back from such a large margin and get it into overtime. Keep your head up and play hard today.
I agree, the style of play that Magoffin County plays can get them into foul trouble. They are probably just used to the refs not calling as many fouls in the 15th, because they know their style of play so they sometimes let things slide.
Here is a story of the game from the KY post.

http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...014/NEWS02
Can someone help me with who A. Jade is, I don't see her name as having any points, much less a quad-double.
It's Ashley Jade Howard
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Can someone help me with who A. Jade is, I don't see her name as having any points, much less a quad-double.
maybe the stats posted on here are not the offical stats.....IDK, or maybe the article is wrong?
yes i do agree, magoffin plays all out defense, but new ports girl were litteraly caring the ball to the goal and then we would get a foul with no one around, in one of the quaters the team fouls was 9-2 and kept pretty much a far distance apart, but it was kinda obvious when brittany manns had the ball and it was 3 on 1 and she just pratically threw the ball up not looking at the goal and it when in to tie the game, and i seen this with mt own eyes the refs looked at each other with their mouths hanging to the floor and one said "oh my gosh" and the other said "holy s***".

But the coach (pup miller) had to sit out todays game and he will have to sit out tomorrows game to, we thought he could come just not coach but he is not aloud on the premises...
Why 2 games, I thought that it was just 1 game?
But the coach (pup miller) had to sit out todays game and he will have to sit out tomorrows game to, we thought he could come just not coach but he is not aloud on the premises...[/QUOTE]

OOOOCH! bet that hurt.....hopefully not the play of the girls!
Quote:OOOOCH! bet that hurt.....hopefully not the play of the girls!

Yes, it did take some play of the girls but after half time it was like a brand new team came out and they showed Rowan co. what they came to do.....!!!
Quote:Orginally posted by Basketballer
Why 2 games, I thought that it was just 1 game?

Thats what I thought also, but I learned after the game that he had a total of 2 technicals called on him.\
I think that 98 brings up a good point--was the officiating biased towards one side or was it miserable on both sides of the court?
"All_Sport#1" Wrote:Thats what I thought also, but I learned after the game that he had a total of 2 technicals called on him.
last year coach west got 2 called on him in last years home sheldon clark game and only got suspened for 1 game so idk why its 2
"All_Sport#1" Wrote:Thats what I thought also, but I learned after the game that he had a total of 2 technicals called on him.\
It takes 2 T's to get threw out, So im not sure why he had to sit out 2 games
Coach Miller only had to sit out one game. He coached today against Rose Hill.
They first said that it was an 2 game supension but IDK they might have changed it...
Congratulations to NCC.

Sounds like Magoffin County played a GREAT game though.
Best of luck girls in the rest of the season.
8-1 isn't bad AT ALL!
Pages: 1 2