Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: George Rogers Clark 52 Montgomery County 40 (40 District Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Winchester.
Congrats to GRC
The Indians slowed the pace, but still had trouble keeping up with the Cardinals, who captured their fifth straight district title with an 52-40 victory in front of a packed house at Norton Gymnasium. The Cardinals swept the Indians during the regular-season, including a 65-36 victory on Jan. 22 in Winchester.

Daniel scored 15 points, including nine of Clark’s 15 points in the third quarter. Daniel had a 3-pointer and a one-handed slam dunk on a fast break. Daniel scored the last basket of the third frame that gave the hosts a 42-28 advantage.

http://www.winchestersun.com/stories/201...248677.sto
A little surprised the margin wasn't a little wider, but in a rivalry like this you aren't going to have too many blow outs.

congrats to the Cards and good luck in the region tourney. This is the first step to cutting down the nets at Rupp.
kywldcat01 Wrote:A little surprised the margin wasn't a little wider, but in a rivalry like this you aren't going to have too many blow outs.

congrats to the Cards and good luck in the region tourney. This is the first step to cutting down the nets at Rupp.

MC was bound and determined that it was not going to be a blow out. They held the ball, 2-3 minutes at a time. I know once they were down 14 and just stood and held the ball. GRC was in a zone and wouldn't come out of it. So us fans just sat there and watched all players, just standing. The one guard dribbling the ball, but not moving. This is why the win wasn't larger. Hey GRC didn't care if they held the ball, we were ahead and just wanted the win.
Gold Charger Wrote:MC was bound and determined that it was not going to be a blow out. They held the ball, 2-3 minutes at a time. I know once they were down 14 and just stood and held the ball. GRC was in a zone and wouldn't come out of it. So us fans just sat there and watched all players, just standing. The one guard dribbling the ball, but not moving. This is why the win wasn't larger. Hey GRC didn't care if they held the ball, we were ahead and just wanted the win.

I can understand the frustration with watching that. I've seen it too many times against Holmes over the years and it's indeed very boring to sit through.

A win is a win though. At this point in the season, it's about "survive and advance." :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:I can understand the frustration with watching that. I've seen it too many times against Holmes over the years and it's indeed very boring to sit through.

A win is a win though. At this point in the season, it's about "survive and advance." :Thumbs:

I knew when I explained it to you, you would understand, because Holmes has seen thier share of this type of games played against them. Guess some coaches think it is thier shot to maybe pull the upset.
Kinda seen this one coming, Congrats Clark!
Congrats GRC :Thumbs: