Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Summer Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any summer ball teams in the Southern, or Eastern part of the state that do play a quality schedule but arent just outrageously expensive?
My son played on a summer ball team last year and it wasn't that expensive..... He really enjoyed himself and had EXCELLENT coaches!!
Depends on what you want when you compare costs and at what age level. When you are playing select or travel ball, the most expensive aspect is Tournament play.

A rundown of costs and why it is so expesive to play travel ball can give a total picture.

You usually need two complete uniforms at a minimum. You are talking roughly $100+ to outfit one player. Teams have to carry insurance which is $150 per year. You will likely play in a league that is roughly $300-$500 for the year. Umpire fees which are approximately $65 per game per umpire (15U up has two umpires). Sometimes you have field rental for practice or games that can be as much as $20 per day to use. then you get to tournaments. A fair average tournament price is at least $500 per tournament. If you are playing in a NIT, State or World, those fees are now $875 to play. Once you get to the HS age, there really isnt't good competition unless you are playing travel ball, thus to play travel ball, it's going to be expensive.
I think I paid $300.00 for my son to play.... We traveled to Tennessee a couple of times, Cincinnati, Ashland, and Danville.... Played a total of around 15 to 17 games?? Your major cost for travel ball will be exactly that... the travel... cost for food, lodging, etc To me, it is well worth the investment!!
Quote:phs1986;My son played on a summer ball team last year and it wasn't that expensive..... He really enjoyed himself and had EXCELLENT coaches!!

Hmmmm, that's funny, I have always found them to be nothing but complete jerks....:biggrin:

ONLY KIDDING!!!!

Nah seriously, I am a huge fan of those particular coaches.:Cheerlead
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Hmmmm, that's funny, I have always found them to be nothing but complete jerks....:biggrin:

ONLY KIDDING!!!!

Nah seriously, I am a huge fan of those particular coaches.:Cheerlead

Now how did I know you'd reply to this one... LOL.... Wait... I need to make a phone call... teehee..
phs1986 Wrote:My son played on a summer ball team last year and it wasn't that expensive..... He really enjoyed himself and had EXCELLENT coaches!!

who was this team, was it 18u?
the dark wizard Wrote:who was this team, was it 18u?

I think they are talking about the East KY Bombers 18U. The person to call is Mike Spears 606-424-8040. He is one of the coaches.
Commanche Wrote:I think they are talking about the East KY Bombers 18U. The person to call is Mike Spears 606-424-8040. He is one of the coaches.

where is this team out of in eky? or should i say where do they play their home games?
the dark wizard Wrote:where is this team out of in eky? or should i say where do they play their home games?
Very few home games, most are in Tennessee, Cincy and Lexington area.
Thanks commanche... You got this one before I had time to get back on and catch it!! Smile