Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2)Kentucky 82 - South Carolina 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wall is very talented but I dont think he is ready for the nba next year
If Patterson and Wall would decide to stay another year they would be unstopable
downey is a great player in my eyes and will make it in the pros but i believe this is the first time i ever heard of someone missing on purpose? i mean we did out rebound them by 18 boards so i don't really think his missed shots/assists really worked out too well for him. well for majic johnson i'd hope you would take his thoughts over ours..i mean he is the best PG ever in my book.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Downey has the 8th best FG shooting percentage on his team, he took 37 percent of the team's shots tonight and his team lost by 21. Those are not the numbers of a national Player of the Year candidate.

When a point guard hogs the ball and looks to shoot first, his teammates tend to stand around and wait for him to shoot. IMO, the fact that Downey takes so many bad shots, especially as a senior, does not reflect favorably on his coach.

look at his team! He still had more assists than wall
charliez Wrote:If comparing freshman to seniors it speaks well of Wall to even be compared as a freshman to the what some believe is the best senior player of all time.

if wall is not considered to be better than the seniors, how is candidate for player of the year??Im confused
Stardust Wrote:Wow, I am still shocked that people are still so short sighted on what Devon Downey does on the floor. All they want to look at is his missed shots. I'll address the missed shots in a moment.

This kid has one gear - OVERDRIVE. His intensity and drive is second to none. By far, the talent on the other side of the ball is better in every game he plays. But, he outplays the talent on the overside night in and night out. His hustle, intensity and drive for en ENTIRE game is constant. He creates havic on the other side that cannot be coached.

As for his missed shots, is everyone so blind to see what happens to his missed shots? Is everyone blind to the number of putbacks that USC has scored over two games against UK? Is everyone so naive to see that his teammates are in PERFECT position to get the offensive rebound away from the opposition because the defense in attempting to play him instead of boxing out the offensive rebounder. People are completely out of the "KNOW" when it comes to basektball that they don't see that his missed shots are ASSITSTS! His missed shots are not from the field, it's his layups. This is by design, yet there is so much jealousy of this young man that people are ignorant to what he really does.

Hey, If Magic Johnson feels Downey has a place in the NBA, I'll take his opinion of those neysayers on here!

Great POST!
PC_You_Know Wrote:You can have him on your team, I'll take Lebron James any day over Devan Downey creating so called "assists" to his teammates by missing the entire goal on his behind the back 360 no look layup.

You have to be the weirdest UK an ever. You take up for every team that UK plays.

Wow comparing Downey to Lebron! Nobody was doing that
Put downey down all you want...but guys he showed your Wall up last nite and the time before..Sure he missed alot of shots...Go back and look at how many Offensive rebounds SC got against the biggest team in college basketball! Laugh if you want but with Dominique Archie playing this team could be dangerous...And talk about downey not passing the ball...he had more assists than wall did, why is that...is it that Downey does better at putting another player in position to score, and wall has the more talent around him...Downey has to score 25-30 for them tohave a chance against pikeville!
PC_You_Know Wrote:You have to be the weirdest UK an ever. You take up for every team that UK plays.

:popcorn:
theVILLE Wrote:look at his team! He still had more assists than wall
Wall had a bad game but he did not shoot his team out of contention. Downey had a typical game for him. As I have pointed out several times, nearly everybody that gets playing time for SC is out shooting him - but Downey takes far more shots than they do and he takes nearly all of his team's bad shots.
Pages: 1 2