Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne @ Prestonsburg 2/26 (58th District Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Game-time is 7:30 on Friday evening.

Predictions and thoughts?
I think this is a difficult game to predict, BL has had their way with Pburg this year. I think it boils down to which team can handle the defensive pressure by the other. Allen Central had BL on the ropes tonight but buckled under the defensive pressure by BL. I say the game is a toss up depending on many factors.
bl will have to fight three refs and a hostile crowd but they will win because there simply the much better team......pburg has one player enough said
phil ivey Wrote:bl will have to fight three refs and a hostile crowd but they will win because there simply the much better team......pburg has one player enough said
phil ivey, why do you think the refs will be against BL. Did not the signing secretary used to be Betsy Layne's head coach?
Betsy Layne.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:phil ivey, why do you think the refs will be against BL. Did not the signing secretary used to be Betsy Layne's head coach?

Yeah, and he is also principal at Prestonsburg Elementary, whose assistant Principal used to be Principal at PHS, but that's neither here nor there is it?????
Should be a barn-burner nevertheless..........I'm picking BL by 12
60-48
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Yeah, and he is also principal at Prestonsburg Elementary, whose assistant Principal used to be Principal at PHS, but that's neither here nor there is it?????
I agree it wont make any difference...the other person post that the 3 officials would be against BL. Just making a point that Pburg high has no power to choose officials. I'm still calling the game a toss up. No matter who wins I hope it is a good game.
I think BL has more talent, but if Burchett starts knocking down 3s and Blackburn can have another good game along with Prestonsburg getting good minutes out of their role players then it could wind up going either way. I just hope that the refs let the players decide the outcome of this one and not themselves.

Best of luck to both... Go Blackcats!

phil ivey Wrote:bl will have to fight three refs and a hostile crowd but they will win because there simply the much better team......pburg has one player enough said

1 player? Did you not watch the Pburg/SF game tonight?

Warren Blackburn is a very underrated player and has done a lot in the shadow of Burchett all season. Just about anyone who's seen Pburg play a few times can tell you that.
I will take Betsy Lane in this one. Prestonsburg really has not played consistent ball this season, so I will say they may come out flat in this one.
BL-54
P-burg-46
im gona predict this game a blowout unless bl gets what sf got by the refs because bl is a way better team than p-burg.. the final will be bl-91 p-burg-30
I think the game will be close and come down to who takes care of the ball. Pburg has stepped up their game and although Burchett is the kid you have to control they do have some others that have come to the district tournament to play. Blackburn has played great defense this season and his offensive game has really come to him lately. I think the key for Pburg to win will be the play of Gearhart, Tincher and Key. They will have to contribute points and control the paint. BL has a more balance offense that can score in the paint or on the perimeter with a few player. And I think BL's defense is the best in the 58th, they really get after it. Should be another good district game with it coming down again to free throws and turnovers. In a close one throughout I wil take BL by 7 64-57.
I'll take the Bobcats by 6.
its hard to say who will win.. BL beat p-burg twice in regular season..then p-burg beat BL in the a-all....BL is a better team all around, but they'll need to play smart and play team ball... & hopefully the REFS will be fair...

put ADKINS and NEWMAN down low and let them dominate.....
I look for BL to win this one without much trouble! Betsy Layne will most likely get somwhere around a 12-14 point lead and then just trade baskets for the rest of the game. I look for them to come out strong in the 1st quarter and basically coast the rest of the game.

BL by 12
Now why would anyone think the REFS would be anything but fair????:eyeroll:
If a team is clearly better then another, then a referee crew is not going to make a difference. It sounds to me like some BL fans are already making excuses in case their beloved Bobcats can't get it done friday night. Just sayin....Confusedhh:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think BL has more talent, but if Burchett starts knocking down 3s and Blackburn can have another good game along with Prestonsburg getting good minutes out of their role players then it could wind up going either way. I just hope that the refs let the players decide the outcome of this one and not themselves.

Best of luck to both... Go Blackcats!

1 player? Did you not watch the Pburg/SF game tonight?

Warren Blackburn is a very underrated player and has done a lot in the shadow of Burchett all season. Just about anyone who's seen Pburg play a few times can tell you that.

yea ill have to agree with you on that warren blackburn has suprized me this year and i didnt mean to understate the way he has played ive watched him about 5 times this year and hes done a good job
BL by 6.
54wildcats11 Wrote:im gona predict this game a blowout unless bl gets what sf got by the refs because bl is a way better team than p-burg.. the final will be bl-91 p-burg-30

You're a very smart man
anyone who watched or listened to both games last night heard lots of bad calls both ways from the refs. betsy layne can very well win this tournament. they are a very talented group of players. adkins and newman under the goal, martin ,adkins and tackett outside . a well balanced team. A CHAMPION SHIP TEAM. GOOD LUCK BOBCATS....
i don't really think anyone is making excuses here as to if or how or why BL may lose or the same with p'burg. but with no doubt the 15th region refs are not exactly the best. Last nights game against P'burg and SF was probably one of the worst refed games i've seen...and i'm talking both ways!!

Its clear to see the BL has more talent than P'burg..but its also clear to see that either team could win this 58th district title..
I dont know if you people understand the pressure tomorrow night. The last time BL won district was 1992. Its been 18 years since BL has won district.

Lets erase 18 years of not cutting down the net.(eye on the prize)
sheriff Wrote:I dont know if you people understand the pressure tomorrow night. The last time BL won district was 1992. Its been 18 years since BL has won district.

Lets erase 18 years of not cutting down the net.(eye on the prize)

couldnt agree more 18 years worth of demons to put to rest tomorrow night.
i cant think of a better place to win it or team to beat doing it
come ready to play boys and lets get this one!!!!!!!!!!!
BL has a few more weapons than P-Burg, against SF there were several instances of players standing around hoping that Burchett could make a play. They will need points from more than one person for a P-burg win, BL has some talented kids that are capable of taking over during the game. It should be interesting, hostile environment and nerves will play a factor, might be worth 5 bucks to see.
totally agree, i think it would be worth 10 bucks to watch. bobcats have the talent and can handle the pressure no doubt they can win. LETS GO BOBCATS. Keep up the defense, pass the ball, look under the goal. You boys can do this. GOOD LUCK & PLAY HARD....
BL is all around a better team. BL should get the win.
I can't wait until 7:30 this game is going to be a good one! Throw out the records and who beat who it's Betsy Layne vs Prestonsburg for the 58th District Championship and anything can happen! Prestonsburg Field House is going to be rocking come tonights game! Its going to come down to who wants it more, and I believe that the Blackcats aren't going to let Betsy Layne come into the Field House and take "their" championship! I'm taking the Blackcats in OT! 72-69. HAIL BLACKCATS!
Look for Bryce Adkins, Casey Adkins, and possibly Jordan Newman and/or Nathan Martin to get into foul trouble in the 1st half.

IMO, BL will have to play some of the 2nd Qtr. and 2nd half with this lineup:

-Derek Tackett
-Adam Howell
-Steven Johnson
-Colt Stumbo
-Jordan Newman or Nathan Martin

If the Bobcats can keep 3 starters in the game at all times, they should be fine.

If BL stays out of deep foul trouble, BL by 7.
If BL gets into deep foul trouble, P-Burg by 4 or 5.

Here's my method to predicting the final score:

Add BL's starters #'s together= 114
Add total player that BL usually plays= 8
Divide that by 2.

So that's 114+8 divided by 2. Which equals 61.

BL- 61

P-burg
Add the starters #'s= 55
Add the total players that P-burg usually plays= 9
Divide that by 2
Multiply Cameron Tincher's(tonight's "x" factor) # by 2

55+9= 64/2= 32
11x2=22

Pburg- 54

Final Score
BL- 61
PBurg- 54

My other method:

BL
Add BL's district drought(18yrs.) to their number of seniors(5)= 23
Multiply that by 3
Minus 15, just because:biggrin:

23x3= 69-15=54

P-Burg
Add Burchett and Tincher's numbers together(14)
Add 15, just because:biggrin:
Multiply that by 2

14+15= 29 29x2=58

Final Score
PBurg- 58
BL- 54
Pages: 1 2