Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity (Lou.) @ Ballard 2/26 (27th District Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Arguably the two best teams in the state going head-to-head in the 27th District Championship here. Game-time is at 7:00 Friday night.

Predictions and thoughts?
Trinity will face Ballard on Friday looking for its first district title since 2005 and its first as a member of the 27th District. Tipoff for the 27th District finals is set for 7:00 p.m. at Ballard High School.

Both teams are currently receiving national recognition from Rivals.com and ESPN Rise in their national rankings. Trinity is ranked 40th nationally by Rivals.com while Ballard is 80th. The Shamrocks are ranked seventh in the Midwest Region by ESPN Rise while Ballard is on the Midwest Region bubble.

Trinity and Ballard will meet for the third time this season. Each team owns one win in the series this season. Ballard posted a 56-53 win in Steinhauser Gymnasium on Dec. 15, 2010. The Shamrocks advanced to the finals of the 2010 Republic Bank/Coca-Cola Louisville Invitational Tournament after beating the Bruins 69-63 in overtime in the event’s semifinals on Feb. 16, 2010 at Atherton.
Should be one of the best games in the state, but Im taking Ballard.
I think the Rocks continue to show why they're the #1 team in the state. Josh Sewell is simply playing out of his mind right now and will lead Trinity to the 27th district championship.

I'm saying Sewell and Co get the W in this one by around 5, give or take a few, but Ballard gets revenge in the 7th region finals to go to Rupp.

Trinity 60
Ballard 56
Would not be surprised to see a hic-cup for Trinity. It is the last game that they can afford to have an off game. If they do lose they can still turn it on again in the regional tourney. I still will say Trinity by 5.
Trinity 65
Ballard 60
Trinity will face Ballard Friday night at 7 p.m. at Ballard. The game is expected to be a sellout.

The Trinity Athletics Office will pre sell tickets ($5 per ticket) during the following hours:

Thursday, 2-3:30 p.m.

Friday, 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m.
Would love to go and see it but I am heading down to Knoxville that night!
To me the game is a toss-up, I like Trinity by a few but the game is at Ballard, too bad can't have a tie. Okay, Ballard by 1.
Actually, I have to give the slight edge to Ballard at home but this should be a whale of a game in front of a packed house and, unlike the Seneca game, both live to play another day!
This one should be a good one, I think Trinity has the better team but with the game being at Ballard I'll take the home team by 3 in a small upset.
Ballard-62 Trinity-54
justabballfan Wrote:This one should be a good one, I think Trinity has the better team but with the game being at Ballard I'll take the home team by 3 in a small upset.

This wouldn't be an upset if Ballard won...Ballard already beat Trinity once this year in regulation.

Trinity's win over Ballard was in an overtime game.
I'm going to take Ballard by 5.

Just a feeling.

Best of luck to both!
I'll stick with Trinity in this one, I have them winning by 4. Good luck to both teams. 2 of the best teams in the State of Kentucky going head to head. Can't get much better then that!!!
Id love to be there for this one
Ballard 65-60.
I will take Trinity in a close one.

(Tickets sold out at 3:30 PM. 1,100 were sold.)
who won, game should be over, shouldnt it?