Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. 71 - Lee Co. 63 (56th District)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Grats Powell Co.
Way to go Pirates.
Final - 2/24
56th District Semifinal at Lee Co.

Powell Co.----23--17--17--14---71
Lee Co.-------15--11--17--20---60

Powell Co.: Brewer 28, Reed 13, Connors 12, Creech 10, Nolan 4, Goodwin 2, Pelfrey 2.
Lee Co.: Wise 18, Mays 16, Pittman 16, Evans 7, Baker 6.

=====

Powell Co. (11-12) vs. Owsley Co. (13-11) -- Fri 2/26 7:00pm (56th District Championship)
Lee Co. (8-14)

______

http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...PIorderBy=[URL="http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040334/latest-girls-high-school-basketball.html?appSession=774140172930720&RecordID=5616&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy="]
[/URL]
Please keep Danny Wright in Beattyville. Great job coach Hall after all the crap you had to put up with last year i'm very happy for you and your team.
Christian Brewer has made Powell County this season.

Owsley vs Powell for the 56th district. I watched these teams play at Powell earlier in the year and it was a barn burner. No defense on either end but plenty of scoring.
Congrats Powell and Coach Hall!!!!:Clap:
Good win guys. Keep it up.
Congrats Powell and Coach Brian Hall. One of the best coaches in the 14th and 15th Region when given the chance. One of the best XO coaches around. Again congrats and good luck in the championship.
chance is the word. I'm glad he stayed made alot of people eat there words. good luck coach Hall.
First of all Congrats to Lee County On a good season. But Powell County played their hearts out, everyone is so proud of you boys. Donovan Nolan and Jacob Conners did a great job of stopping pittman. And the other boys did great on Offense. We are all so PROUD OF YOU PIRATES. Lets get ready for Owlsey! GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!
Wow! Typical Lee County.
Lee Co starts 3 freshmen and only graduates 1 senior (Wise). I think that Lee will lead the 56th and be a top 6 14th region team next season.
This was from December about the preseason 14th Region poll:

"Can anyone explain to me how Owlsey and Powell County got put in the top ten?"

No explanations needed anymore.
Christian has definitely is a great asset to the team... there are some great players up and coming.
ARC Wrote:Lee Co starts 3 freshmen and only graduates 1 senior (Wise). I think that Lee will lead the 56th and be a top 6 14th region team next season.
I believe Powell will be right there with Lee. They start 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a sophomore. They have several other sophomores playing from the bench. Powell will definitely be in contention next year.
1st of all I want to say CONGRATS TO THE POWELL COUNTY PIRATES!! The pirates and coach Hall had a game plan and were able to execute it! Powell was great on offense making Lee Co at times look confused and slow a lot of baskets scored in the paint. On defense the big men for Powell Co were able to contain Pittman for the most part and they were physical with him all night and it worked, they were able to get under his skin. The Pirates did foul alot but it really worked to their advantage because Lee Co ended up missing the majority of their free throws! Great job Pirates! Congrats to Christian Brewer on an amazing game and I wish good luck to him and the Pirates in the 56th District Championship!!

I do wanna say Congrats to Gus Wise on a great game and a great senior season! He played his heart out tonight and not only lead the team with points but did all the little things and made his best effort to try and win this game cutting it to within 7 but again the Prates were too much!

Hats off to you Gus you had to play through alot of adversity towards the end of your career and you did GREAT! A great person and great player! :1:
Looks like Powell came out with a bang and never let up. Congrats and good luck in the next round.
Powell was up by about 20 if im not mistaken, they lead the whole game!

Congrats Pirates
Strikeout King Wrote:Powell was up by about 20 if im not mistaken, they lead the whole game!

Congrats Pirates

Biggest lead that Powell Had was by 16 if I'm not mistaken
Congrats PC
leecoukfan Wrote:Biggest lead that Powell Had was by 16 if I'm not mistaken

i knew it was along there somewhere, just wasn't for sure.

Thanks For Changing My Mistake :Thumbs:
Strikeout King Wrote:i knew it was along there somewhere, just wasn't for sure.

Thanks For Changing My Mistake :Thumbs:

Yeah no problem
Lucky7 Wrote:Christian Brewer has made Powell County this season.

Owsley vs Powell for the 56th district. I watched these teams play at Powell earlier in the year and it was a barn burner. No defense on either end but plenty of scoring.

WOW I didn't know he could win all by himself.

I think Brewer is a fine player but he would be the first to tell you he can't score without the other players on our team. For instance if it weren't for all the rebounds by Nolan we wouldn't have won even though he only scored 4 points. Also Creech ran the floor last night made two baskets at the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarter at the buzzer with a total of 10 points and kept the team under control. Reed stepped up when they tried to take Brewer out of the game and scored key baskets with 13. Conner's defense, offensive rebounding,and scoring put us over the top. Then the bench stepped up and gave some of our staters a rest and did thier job. So as you can see they all made Powell County this year. end of story.

CONGRADULATIONS PIRATES TongueirateSho:Thumbs::Clap::notworthy
Pirate1977 Wrote:I believe Powell will be right there with Lee. They start 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a sophomore. They have several other sophomores playing from the bench. Powell will definitely be in contention next year.

So I am just guessing here Starter would be Creech, Reed, and Connor but I don't know the others. I would probably say Goodwin and maybe Parks because we need another big guy. But I don't see any sophomores. What sophomore are you talking about.
Congrats Powell.