Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Starting P90X on Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After doing my own research, I've decided to start the P90X program. I have ordered the program w/ resistance band from QVC, split into 2 payments (cause dang, it's expensive) and plan on indulging in my last weekend of junk food.

Hey I already bought the food, might as well put it to use.

Has anyone else done the P90X program or is currently on it? How difficult is the nutrition plan because I feel that's probably going to be my biggest hangup?
ComfortEagle Wrote:After doing my own research, I've decided to start the P90X program. I have ordered the program w/ resistance band from QVC, split into 2 payments (cause dang, it's expensive) and plan on indulging in my last weekend of junk food.

Hey I already bought the food, might as well put it to use.

Has anyone else done the P90X program or is currently on it? How difficult is the nutrition plan because I feel that's probably going to be my biggest hangup?

If you don't want to waste the food I could help you out. As far as the exercise program, I've heard it brutal. IDK.
I'm on day 29. Believe me, the diet plan will be the easiest thing in the program.

That being said, I try to stick to the nutrition plan, but I consistently fail. Thankfully the program is extreme enough to make up for my lack of willpower.

I can't say I see a lot of difference in my body, but I do see some. I know I'd see more if I was able to stick to the diet. But I am definitely stronger and more flexible than when I started. But that first week is ****. Just remember your recovery drink and "keep pushing play." Hah, I'm so brainwashed.
ZMG Wrote:I'm on day 29. Believe me, the diet plan will be the easiest thing in the program.

That being said, I try to stick to the nutrition plan, but I consistently fail. Thankfully the program is extreme enough to make up for my lack of willpower.

I can't say I see a lot of difference in my body, but I do see some. I know I'd see more if I was able to stick to the diet. But I am definitely stronger and more flexible than when I started. But that first week is ****. Just remember your recovery drink and "keep pushing play." Hah, I'm so brainwashed.

Do you need anything other than resistance bands and dumbbells?
Not really. Personally I've been using an over the door pullup bar and weights (not bands). You'll do quite a bit of pushups so having some pushup handles wouldn't hurt if you have wrist problems. Oh, I guess you'll need a chair for a couple of exercises but it doesn't have to be anything special. Although you do swing your leg over it for one exercise. That's about all I can think of. I'm about to start the 2nd phase so I'll let you know if they require anything else.
ZMG Wrote:Not really. Personally I've been using an over the door pullup bar and weights (not bands). You'll do quite a bit of pushups so having some pushup handles wouldn't hurt if you have wrist problems. Oh, I guess you'll need a chair for a couple of exercises but it doesn't have to be anything special. Although you do swing your leg over it for one exercise. That's about all I can think of. I'm about to start the 2nd phase so I'll let you know if they require anything else.

Yeah, they tried to get me to buy that over-the-door pull-up bar system, but I decided I'd just do pushups in place of those. The dumbbells I already have and resistance band was only like $7.00 at Wal-Mart.
Westside Wrote:If you don't want to waste the food I could help you out. As far as the exercise program, I've heard it brutal. IDK.
Brutal is an understatement.

There is a new next level for those who have survived P90X. Tony Hortons latest is P90X Plus.
I thought about doing P90X. But I've decided I'm going to go with Insanity instead. It focuses a little bit more on cardio.
i'm on day 10...it is rough
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:i'm on day 10...it is rough

How is the meal plan?
ComfortEagle Wrote:How is the meal plan?

I'll be honest, I'm not even doing the meal plan. I am just trying to watch what I eat and not eat as much. It is working because I have already lost 7 pounds
I'm just going to stick with being fat and out of shape. I've looked into P90x and it looks too hard for my lazy rump. If I want to get back in shape, I'll just start playing basketball again. At this point, I'm too tired to even do that.
I would give P90X a shot if I was about a hundred pounds lighter, and THEN go into it..Im too much of a fatass right now to even start it..
I would LOVE to do P90X. The infomercials had me sucked in from the start. I think QQ bought it and was going to try but don't know if he completed it or not. I plan on looking into it when I have the money to spare. I know that I won't do very well on the diet plan though. Keep us updated CE, please.
I am currently on P90X and it is by far the most extreme workout program I've ever seen, but if your wanting to know the meal plan, I try just to stay away from sweets and stay under the calorie limit it gives you. If you stick with it I would bet you will notice a difference by the end of the first phase.
How did day 1 go?
His triceps and lats are probably too sore to type a response....lol
I wouldn't doubt it. After my 2nd day, when the soreness of the 1st day fully set it, I had to have my wife hel with my shirt. I couldn't raise my arms above my head without assistance.
Hahaha. Yeah, I woke up this morning and I couldn't bend my arms. My biceps are somewhat sore, but my triceps are KILLING me. I'm still very sore right now, but I can at least bend my arms now. Pretty good soreness in the upper chest too.

Everywhere else is a good sore right now, but my triceps are the most sore they've ever been in my life.

I had a lot of trouble getting my clothes on this morning, but after taking some Advil and going to work, I'm feeling alright now.

I've got Plyo tonight, so we'll see how that goes. I have no idea if I'll be able to do it this sore.
I made the mistake of not doing a recovery drink for the first week. The 3rd night I had to lay in all sorts of awkward positions to sleep because my legs were so sore. I think it's partly due to not doing the drink.

If you don't have anything, fat free chocolate milk is a good substitute. I've been doing about 12-16 oz skim milk, 3 tablespoons of Hershey's syrup, and about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and blending it up. Best recovery drink ever.
ZMG Wrote:I made the mistake of not doing a recovery drink for the first week. The 3rd night I had to lay in all sorts of awkward positions to sleep because my legs were so sore. I think it's partly due to not doing the drink.

If you don't have anything, fat free chocolate milk is a good substitute. I've been doing about 12-16 oz skim milk, 3 tablespoons of Hershey's syrup, and about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and blending it up. Best recovery drink ever.

Yeah, probably going to have to invest in something. They keep pushing their recovery drink during the workouts but I don't know if theirs is really worth it or not.

I do know that theirs has a little bit of creatine in it. I'm going to have to get something because I've gone without the recovery drink for these past 2 days and it hurts. If a recovery drink can help any at all, it should be worth it.

I may try your recovery drink and add a little creatine powder to it.
How's it going so far?
Yeah is it working?
ZMG Wrote:How's it going so far?

cougarpride08 Wrote:Yeah is it working?

So far I've lost 10 pounds, and the most noticeable muscle change has been in my triceps.

However, I definitely feel stronger in my legs and arms too.

Stamina is increasing pretty well. Made it through Plyo without having to press the pause button a couple days ago.

Seeing/feeling the least amount of change in my abs. I need to get a better mat or something because some of those ab ripper moves hurt my tailbone so much that I have to stop. I've tried folding my yoga mat over a few times to provide more cushion, but it still doesn't help.

I bought some Endurox R4 as my recovery drink and it's helped a TON. I recommend that if anyone is looking for a recovery drink mix. It's normally about $30 at GNC, but with my GNC card, I get an additional 20% off the first week of every month. I also get my protein bars at GNC. I've found I like the CLIF bars pretty well.

Overall, it's pretty decent for only doing the program for two solid weeks. The first week, I got so sore I had to take a few days off.
How closely have you been following the diet plan?

I'm only down a pound in nearly 40 days (I'm not following the diet plan at all right now) but I can see noticeable changes in my chest, back, stomach, sides. I think I'm putting on in muscle what I lose in fat. I plan on strictly following the plan in phase 3 to close it out. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to try another round or just start running. I might look into another program to just shed some more fat afterward. I know I have muscle under there somewhere, I just need to find it. Smile

Today is supposed to be a yoga day for me but I took a few days off to go to Nashville. I got back in it Tuesday but today I'm just too weak, tired, and sore. I'll just use today as my off/stretch day and go from there.