Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thank you--8th grade state tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color="blue"]Thank you to all of those that followed the bobcats during our state title run. Your cheers and support really kept our team going. We almost had it, sorry we came up a little short! We will get it next time!

Special thanks to Coach Howell and family for attending every game, Coach Kidd for attending every game, many Hazard coaches, Virgie coaches, and Feds Creek coach for attending and giving their support to our kids.

I also want to thank all of my coaches, the parents, and the grandparents that have supported us! You have been great!

I want to congratulate the players and thank you for giving me everything that you had and never giving up! Proud of each and everyone of you.

To the 8th graders- it has been such an honor and a blessing to be a part of your lives for the last couple of years. It hasn't always been easy, but it has definitely been worthwhile!!!!! You all are going to go on to do great things!!!

Coach Howard[/color]
Great job Bobcats, you made your school, Floyd County and Eastern Kentucky proud!:Thumbs:

Coach Howard you were a great influence on many players both on and off the court. For that you a true success!!!
You guys did an awesome job over these last few years. I love watching BL play, but HATED when we had to play against you lol. Good luck in the future
Congratulations to Betsy Layne. You played really well in the state tournament as I thought you probably would. It would have been nice to have played you all in the championship game but both of us came up one game short. I was hoping for a Southern-Betsy Layne finals.
I remember coming over to the Dome in late November and looking at all of the pictures on the wall of teams past. There is a lot of history on those walls and I think 2010 has just added to that history in a big way.
Again congratulations on a successful year and a very nice run in the state tournament. You all deserve to be very proud of those kids.
These years have been great. And these boys have accomplished so much. I am just proud to have been a part. Great kids and great coaches thanks to all. We are good people, It is easy to judge from the outside looking in. Just get to know us WE JUST LOVE OUR KIDS.
SWHS future Wrote:Congratulations to Betsy Layne. You played really well in the state tournament as I thought you probably would. It would have been nice to have played you all in the championship game but both of us came up one game short. I was hoping for a Southern-Betsy Layne finals.
I remember coming over to the Dome in late November and looking at all of the pictures on the wall of teams past. There is a lot of history on those walls and I think 2010 has just added to that history in a big way.
Again congratulations on a successful year and a very nice run in the state tournament. You all deserve to be very proud of those kids.

[COLOR="Blue"]Us meeting in the finals would have been great to see, you guys were really playing well from the games I saw of you guys.

Congrats to Southern on a great showing.

Coach Howard[/COLOR]
I would have loved to have seen that game as well. I was pulling for both of you. This years tournament was probably the most balanced ever. I could see 15 or more different teams winning it. It's all about making plays at the right time and playing your best basketball when it counts. It was really exciting, can't wait till next year. I had never been around the Betsey Lane group before but we stayed at the same hotel and they are a class act. Confratulations on your success.
BL was the best all around team I have seen all year. Good job and a great season.