Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chelsey Smith sets school record with 54 point output!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pineville faithful can be proud of their 16 year old junior friday night as she created and fought through tough defense's all night in front of a packed house to keep The Lady Lions in the game with a chance to win against its Bell county rival school Middlesboro the final score was 83-77 with pineville leading a good portion of the game. The Lady Jackets were led by Samantha coleman with 26 Points.
This may push smith into the KHSAA top scorer according to WYMT she was sitting at 29.2. but most assuredly with her 54 points last night set a new school record to be shot for by pineville's future lady lions. They are also are a very young team with no seniors so the outlook certainally looks bright for the sweet young ladies from chain rock city.
Great Job chelsey! She already holds a school record in tennis and 400 meter and the 54 points scored was against some excellent atheletes. Good Luck in the Post Season Lady lions!!
Congrats Chelsey. Is this a school record
Stardust Wrote:Congrats Chelsey. Is this a school record

I was wondering the same thing. The first post confused me a little.
If I understood Coach Thompson correctly it's the girls' school record for points in a game. Dustin Day has the boys' record.

She went 27-30 at the free throw line as well, I'd bet that's a Pineville record for most FT's made and attempted in a game by a single player, boys or girls.
Do you know what the boys record was by dustin day.
I was told it was the record for pville boys and girls second hand info from
the bench. The pineville sun will let us know for certain Thursday.
and wow i betcha 27-30 may be a state record in one game. hahaha
she had the college coaches talking to her tonight after the district game tonight and she was kept busy signing autographs as well. Pineville should be proud of this 16 year old young lady.
ive not got anything against tennis which she already has a scholarship on the table for both but i hope she stays with roundball in college.
Thompson and Keyes both said Dustin has it when I asked (and the Pineville Sun guy asked the same thing a couple of minutes later) and they didn't hesitate in saying that. I bet Gary (from the Sun) looks it up.

54 is a big accomplishment, especially considering it was a competitive game and she earned every point. I've seen a player from Leslie County get 66 but it was against a very weak opponent (Jackson City) and they were trying to get her the school record.
The way Chelsey got hers is much better. Smile

Oh... 27 free throws made and 30 attempts both rank her third in state history.

Most Free Throws Made – Game (Min. 20)
# Player (School) vs. Opponent, Date/Year
32 Ashley Bell (Wayne County) vs. Lincoln County, 12-5-03
30 Jessica Wendeln (Scott) vs. Dixie Heights, 3-6-04
27 Chelsey Smith (Pineville) vs. Middlesboro, 2-19-10
23 Chrystina Smith (West Jessamine) vs. Williamstown, 2-14-02

Most Free Throw Attempts – Game (Min. 25)
# Player (School) vs. Opponent, Year
37 Ashley Bell (Wayne County) vs. Lincoln County, 12-5-03
32 Jessica Wendeld (Scott) vs. Dixie Heights, 3-6-04
30 Chelsey Smith (Pineville) vs. Middlesboro, 2-19-10
30 Amber Scott (June Buchanan) vs. Cordia, 1-8-00
30 Charity Burke (Pikeville) vs. Prestonsburg, 1-9-98
29 Karen Johnson (Trigg Co.) vs. Crittenden Co., 2-3-77
Someone call Jodie Meeks!

But in all seriousness, congratulations to Chelsey Smith. That is a phenomenal game. This is a fantastic achievement for anyone but given her age she has a lot of time to break even more records and go down in Kentucky girls basketball history. Congratulations again for your school record and being among the top in the state.
d2hoopsfan Wrote:Thompson and Keyes both said Dustin has it when I asked (and the Pineville Sun guy asked the same thing a couple of minutes later) and they didn't hesitate in saying that. I bet Gary (from the Sun) looks it up.

54 is a big accomplishment, especially considering it was a competitive game and she earned every point. I've seen a player from Leslie County get 66 but it was against a very weak opponent (Jackson City) and they were trying to get her the school record.
The way Chelsey got hers is much better. Smile

Oh... 27 free throws made and 30 attempts both rank her third in state history.

Most Free Throws Made – Game (Min. 20)
# Player (School) vs. Opponent, Date/Year
32 Ashley Bell (Wayne County) vs. Lincoln County, 12-5-03
30 Jessica Wendeln (Scott) vs. Dixie Heights, 3-6-04
27 Chelsey Smith (Pineville) vs. Middlesboro, 2-19-10
23 Chrystina Smith (West Jessamine) vs. Williamstown, 2-14-02

Most Free Throw Attempts – Game (Min. 25)
# Player (School) vs. Opponent, Year
37 Ashley Bell (Wayne County) vs. Lincoln County, 12-5-03
32 Jessica Wendeld (Scott) vs. Dixie Heights, 3-6-04
30 Chelsey Smith (Pineville) vs. Middlesboro, 2-19-10
30 Amber Scott (June Buchanan) vs. Cordia, 1-8-00
30 Charity Burke (Pikeville) vs. Prestonsburg, 1-9-98
29 Karen Johnson (Trigg Co.) vs. Crittenden Co., 2-3-77

Could you give me a link for this? The records I have were as of July 2009 and I am seeing different minimums for the categories than these. I'd love to see the most recent publication of the state records.
http://www.khsaa.org/records/basketball/...ecords.pdf

Looks like these were as of Nov. 21
Congrats to Chelsey!!:1: