Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NKY Freshman Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scott v Holmes tonight at 7:45 at Covcath.

Scott beat Cooper in the semi's.

Holmes beat Simon Kenton by around 19 in the other semi final. Holmes beat Highlands in the round before by 13 or 14 and beat St. Henry in the first round by I believe 14.

Last time these two met was a few weeks ago and Holmes won by 23.

Should be interesting to see how these two match up in a rematch. Scott is absolutely loaded with depth.

Holmes is led by 6'2 G Quan Palmer who was apart of the NKY TarHeels squad that finished 8th at nationals this past summer.
I don't see Scott being much of a challenge for Holmes. This Holmes squad would beat most, if not all JV squads in the state
Stardust Wrote:I don't see Scott being much of a challenge for Holmes. This Holmes squad would beat most, if not all JV squads in the state

I don't know Stardust...Scott is very tough and loaded with depth. I'm sure that beat down that they took from Holmes 2 weeks ago will be on their minds.

With that said though, Holmes does have a very good freshman team. I believe their starting lineup goes like this:

6'1 Scruggs, 6'2 Coston, 6'2 Englemon, 6'2 Palmer, 6'3 Peterson

That's a pretty big lineup for a freshman group. Can you imagine if they had McClendon running the point?!? :yikes:

This group could make some serious noise their senior year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I don't know Stardust...Scott is very tough and loaded with depth. I'm sure that beat down that they took from Holmes 2 weeks ago will be on their minds.

With that said though, Holmes does have a very good freshman team. I believe their starting lineup goes like this:

6'1 Scruggs, 6'2 Coston, 6'2 Englemon, 6'2 Palmer, 6'3 Peterson

That's a pretty big lineup for a freshman group. Can you imagine if they had McClendon running the point?!? :yikes:

This group could make some serious noise their senior year.

Only if he went from woodland to scoot and not holmes
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Only if he went from woodland to scoot and not holmes

Englemon is a Covington boy...born and raised. He wasn't happy at Woodland so he came back to Holmes to play with all the kids he grew up with.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Englemon is a Covington boy...born and raised. He wasn't happy at Woodland so he came back to Holmes to play with all the kids he grew up with.

Brother played football at Michigan
Scott won by 1 in OT ...Nice job boys Smile
Sounds like a really interesting tourney. This is the first time I have heard about this. Do they have it every year?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Sounds like a really interesting tourney. This is the first time I have heard about this. Do they have it every year?

Yea...Covcath hosts a NKY freshman tournament every year.

They following teams are usually in it:

Scott, Highlands, Simon Kenton, St. Henry, Ryle, Boone, Dixie, Holmes, Simon Kenton, Conner, Covcath, Cooper
Stardust Wrote:Brother played football at Michigan

Yup...if he is anything like Brandent athletically, this kid is going to be scary over the next 4 years. At 6'2, he's already bigger than Brandent. I wonder if he'll get any bigger?