Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley Co. vs. Estill Co. (56th District) 2/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st RD Of The 56th District Tournament @ Lee County

(4) Estill County vs. (1) Owsley County - 7:00 pm

thoughts/predictions???

i believe the Engineers will come ready to play and take this in a close one.
When it comes to district games it seems like Owsley has been on top of their game! As bad as I would like to see Estill Co win this game I'm going with Owsley by 5
The mighty owl's take this one by 9
leecoukfan Wrote:When it comes to district games it seems like Owsley has been on top of their game! As bad as I would like to see Estill Co win this game I'm going with Owsley by 5
Why would you care either way who won? Aren't you a Lee County fan? Confusedhh:
the owls.....who who who who
Oc 68-53
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Why would you care either way who won? Aren't you a Lee County fan? Confusedhh:
Isn't everyone entitled to an opinion or just Owsley fans?:please:
JOBAKKA Wrote:Isn't everyone entitled to an opinion or just Owsley fans?:please:
Sure. :Thumbs:

He gave his opinion. He said Owsley would probably win. I got that part.

But he added that he wanted Estill to win "bad". That's not an opinion. It's a feeling.

Just wondering why that was important, since he is a Lee County fan. If it were coming from an Estill County fan I could understand.
Not complaining BTW, anyone has the right to feel anyway they want. Maybe he /she simply dislikes Owsley County for whatever reason.
Estill had Owsley down double digits about the whole game til midway/late in the 3rd quarter when Owsley came to Estill the other night and i believe that if Estill comes ready to play like they did the 1st half the Owsley game the other night, and they continue to play like that the whole game, they will leave Lee County with a Win
EC will prevail and come out on top in this one....hoping for an EC/Powell championship game!! Good Luck to both!
I think it will be a close game. You never know which Owsley County team will show up, the one that played the first half against Estill County this week or the one that played in the second half. If the one that had the second half shows up then the Owls shouldn't have any problems.
If Estill can handle the Owsley press they can win this one. If not then it will be an early exit from the district tourney.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Why would you care either way who won? Aren't you a Lee County fan? Confusedhh:

Because if we beat Powell County I would much rather play Estill County than Owsley.
leecoukfan Wrote:Because if we beat Powell County I would much rather play Estill County than Owsley.
I see.:Thumbs:
I thought that's what you probably meant after re-reading the post. At first I thought you had something against your neighbor. :biggrin:

BTW, I always enjoy reading your post. You keep up with what's happening in the district and region as well as anyone.
Owsley has defeated Estill twice this season. Estill County has improved but, I am still going with Owsley by 10
Going with Estill in this one. This district is a tough one.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I see.:Thumbs:
I thought that's what you probably meant after re-reading the post. At first I thought you had something against your neighbor. :biggrin:

BTW, I always enjoy reading your post. You keep up with what's happening in the district and region as well as anyone.

Thanks, I try to and I always try to bring more attention to the 56th District because it seems to get left out in most conversations.
This should be and awsome matchup between the owls and the engineers. I will have to take estill in a close one 56-51
To much drama going on at Estill. Owsley Wins easily