Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan Co 48 Fairview 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like Rowan is putting it together at the right time....

Rowan Co. 48 Fairview 39
Fairview 2 10 14 13 39
Rowan Co. 8 10 14 16 48

Fairview -- Collins 8, Stai 4, Adams 2, Terry 16, Jackson 5, Gunter 2, Fannin 2.
Rowan Co. (11-11) -- Weigel 5, Wing 13, Ginter 9, Hunter 10, Cross 11.
Congrats Rowan!
Good win for Rowan they are playing some good basketball at the right time of the season.
Nothing against Rowan, but I really didn't see this one turning out like this.

How did the game flow? Was Fairview just missing, or did Rowan really clamp down on them on defense?
Rowan Co. sat back in a 2-3 zone the entire game. Fairview had no answer, and IMHO Fairview isnt well coached at all. They have 3 kids over 6'6", they shouldnt even be challenged in the 16th. Fairview had 2 points in the first qtr.

Rowan Co is playing great ball right now. They Beat Bryan Station, Bath Co. Fairview, and battled tough with Ashland.
I don't know if "sat back' is the right term; they play a pretty good 2-3, and force the offense out on the floor.
Congrats Rowan Co.
I did notice this about Rowan Co.

If they had a point guard, they would be the favorite to win the region. Teams dont even have to guard the kid that starts for them, I've never witness him take a shot. With Cross/Adam Wing on the court Rowan Co is dangerous, but one of them get doubled or help defense every play. In this game against Fairview, Rowan played a 8th grader and a Freshman at times, because of not having a scoring threat at all to bring the ball up.
Congrats to RC fans.
HD28 Wrote:I don't know if "sat back' is the right term; they play a pretty good 2-3, and force the offense out on the floor.

I totally agree, they play a very aggressive 2-3.
No they dont. They dont extend their zone at all. Rowan hardly ever presses anyone. They sometime press on ball, but they drop back when the ball pases the timeline.

Im not talking back about their "D", it is the reason they won. They played great Defense. If they continue to play this way and lock people down, theyre going to be a tough out for anyone at MSU
It is going to be a very interesting 61st District, as all have a chance to win it or stay home come regional time. This is going to be the most competitive District in the 16th Region...
The Iceboxx Wrote:No they dont. They dont extend their zone at all. Rowan hardly ever presses anyone. They sometime press on ball, but they drop back when the ball pases the timeline.

Im not talking back about their "D", it is the reason they won. They played great Defense. If they continue to play this way and lock people down, theyre going to be a tough out for anyone at MSU

I wasn't talking about a press. However, they do "extend" their zone. When teams are trying to run zone offense 24 feet from the basket, it is "extending" the zone. Teams have a tough time scoring on it; look at the last 4-5 games and they have played almost exclusively 2-3 and Ashland is the only team to score 60 points. I believe that most teams could score against a 2-3 that doesn't force you out on the floor and spread you out.
Congrats RC :Thumbs: