Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 66 Bath County 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Grayson.
Bath actually outplayed East in this game. Reading the box score, East took 46 FTs to Bath's 14. Of the 46 Barnhill took 15 of those. The refs really protected him tonight! I have seen all of the teams in the 16th play and I still think Ashland and Fairview are the two best teams in the region with Fairview being just a little bit better. On that note, this region is WIDE open and I think there are just about 10 teams that could cut down the nets in Morehead on any give night. It is all going to come down to who makes it out of their district, and then the draw. Matchups will be CRUCIAL in the 16th regional tournament!!!
^ Agreed Matchups are key coming up here in a week or so. Anyways, congrats to East Carter. They continue to roll in the region.
East Carter 66 Bath Co. 56

Bath Co. 15 16 10 15 56

East Carter 15 11 16 24 66

Bath Co. (12-10) -- Maze 20, Fraser 8, Lyons 5, House 8, Hogge 4, Maschino 2, Ravenscraft 9.

East Carter (18-5) -- Bair 16, Adams 16, Genung 3, Clay 7, Barnhill 18, Buck 3, Robinson 3.

Congrats East!
HollaBack Wrote:Bath actually outplayed East in this game. Reading the box score, East took 46 FTs to Bath's 14. Of the 46 Barnhill took 15 of those. The refs really protected him tonight! I have seen all of the teams in the 16th play and I still think Ashland and Fairview are the two best teams in the region with Fairview being just a little bit better. On that note, this region is WIDE open and I think there are just about 10 teams that could cut down the nets in Morehead on any give night. It is all going to come down to who makes it out of their district, and then the draw. Matchups will be CRUCIAL in the 16th regional tournament!!!
I don't know if he has changed or not but when Bath County's coach was in the 14th region he gripped and complained so much to the refs that it actually had a backlash against his team. He never sat down for the whole game, paced the sideline and screamed/shouted. He didn't get many breaks, and probably led the region with the most technicals called on a coach. I think he had to sit out a couple of games for getting ejected in the previous game. He even was once ejected from a summer camp game. Hopefully for his own good some of that has changed.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't know if he has changed or not but when Bath County's coach was in the 14th region he gripped and complained so much to the refs that it actually had a backlash against his team. He never sat down for the whole game, paced the sideline and screamed/shouted. He didn't get many breaks, and probably led the region with the most technicals called on a coach. I think he had to sit out a couple of games for getting ejected in the previous game. He even was once ejected from a summer camp game. Hopefully for his own good some of that has changed.

Not
Congrats EC
HollaBack Wrote:Bath actually outplayed East in this game. Reading the box score, East took 46 FTs to Bath's 14. Of the 46 Barnhill took 15 of those. The refs really protected him tonight! I have seen all of the teams in the 16th play and I still think Ashland and Fairview are the two best teams in the region with Fairview being just a little bit better. On that note, this region is WIDE open and I think there are just about 10 teams that could cut down the nets in Morehead on any give night. It is all going to come down to who makes it out of their district, and then the draw. Matchups will be CRUCIAL in the 16th regional tournament!!!

You canot be serious!! I was at this game, East shot more ft's because Bath shot a lot of 3's and East took it inside a lot, which usually leads to more ft's for 1 team than the other. Also, a lot of those ft's were taken during the last part of the game when Bath was intentioally fouling.

By the way, East is 2-0 against the 2 teams you think are the 2 best!!
Coachinthestands Wrote:You canot be serious!! I was at this game, East shot more ft's because Bath shot a lot of 3's and East took it inside a lot, which usually leads to more ft's for 1 team than the other. Also, a lot of those ft's were taken during the last part of the game when Bath was intentioally fouling.

By the way, East is 2-0 against the 2 teams you think are the 2 best!!

You can't be serious! A the half the fouls were even at 7! Granted Bath did take a lot more 3's, every time someone got close to Barnhill in the 2nd half, it was a foul. East pressed the entire game, and Bath didn't. For them to be in the bonus with 3:47 left in the 3rd quarter was ridiculous!!!

East might be 2-0 but let's take a look at it like this...

Fleming beat East, Bath beat Fleming, Fairview and Ashland beat Bath, and they have beat each other, as well as got beat by East. That is just the short version. I definately think that you can throw in Elliott Co., Menifee Co., and Rowan Co. all into the mix. Like I said, it is all going to come down to who wins/gets runner-up in District, and then the draw going into the Regional tournament!!!
Whoever draws the 16th region in the state tournament has to be licking their chops. Has to be the weakest of all the regions.
Congrats EC :Thumbs: